Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejdominate
Stranger

GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization...
    #11321896 - 10/25/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here's my question, simplified as much as i can for you all.

When i do a multispore inoculation to grain i squirt 2 cc all around the outside of the jar so that i can see the different substrains germinating and growing out. I let the separate spots grow out to about the size of a dime before observing it. Some of the spots that germinate look thick and rhizomorphic while other spots are thin whispy weak looking growth.

If i were to not let the jar fully colonize and do a GTG transfer, i would definately want to choose the spots from the jar that germinated thick healthy dominate MYC, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: jdominate]
    #11321919 - 10/25/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well yes that would be ideal.  Might not be a good idea to try tho

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Offlinejdominate
Stranger

Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: truskool]
    #11321923 - 10/25/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

why wouldent it be a good idea to try, tru

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: truskool]
    #11321928 - 10/25/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

is MS so there is no way to really seperate genetics..

just shake it at 30% .. let it colonize then do the G2G ..

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineSN122A
Tweaker

Loc: Flag
Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: jdominate]
    #11321938 - 10/25/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its probably easier and less messy to just do some agar man... petris are cheap as for the disposable sterile ones.  It easy that way to just cut out the myc you want.

As far as the question im guessing so the thinker rizos are probably just strains that adapted faster/better to the substrate is my guess so yeh grab them

Offlinejdominate
Stranger

Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: Slimz]
    #11321942 - 10/25/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well i was reading a thread that fahtster wrote earlier talking about how when he inoculates grain for a future grain LC, he only uses 1 drop of spore solution in one spot, so that the dominate strain eats all the other substrains and grows out first. Its hard to explain, so here's the thread:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5781218#5781218

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: SN122A]
    #11321945 - 10/25/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its just easy to contaim uncolonized but if your wiling to lose your master and all the g2g jars then by all means go ahead

--------------------

Offlinejdominate
Stranger

#11321971 - 10/25/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i think your kinda missing the point.

think of it like this:

you put five separate drops of spores solution on 5 separate petri dishes, and choose the plate with the best looking myc.

you put five separate drops of spore solution on grain in 5 separate spots, and choose the spot with the best looking MYC.

same concept as agar, right?

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11321990 - 10/25/09 11:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For sure it is.  Have you ever worked on agar outside of a GB?  shit contaims like crazy even with a brief time exposed.  I totally see your point but if your going to do this you could easily lose all the jars

--------------------

Offlinejdominate
Stranger

#11322070 - 10/25/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i would definately do it inside a glove box, but im just talking about choosing the healthy parts of the grain jar and then transfering them to a new jar and discarding the old. I dont see why i would have more contam rates.

Offlinejupiterskimmer
Stranger
    #11322442 - 10/26/09 02:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

have you ever tried to "choose" a piece of myc and pull it out while staying sterile as possible? When i open a grain jar i try to be as quick as possible, digging through it for the best piece sonds like it would result in contams.

Get half pint jars. Pre pour agar, sterilize, 1 drop per jar through self sealing lid and ur good to go

Thats what i would do

The only way i would open jars that aren't 100%. Is if they had cobweb. Open the jar spray it down with 3% hydrogen peroxide. THen try to pour out what looks to thin to be myc. Spray again with h2o2. Grab a pair of sterile tongs and pull out a hunk of myc. Drop it in a ziplock with a cap full of peroxide. Swish it around for a couple seconds then place the ziploc so the liquid is a the bottom and the myc hunk is at the top. Then i sterilize my tongs with a heat source, grab the myc and drop it in a grain jar (while the tongs are still hot). 5cc's of 3% is injected into the jar beforehand.

I have yet to get shrooms with this method but the jars i have tried this with look healthy. They are only about about 2 days growth behind the jars transferred with uncontaminated myc.

^Damn adderall, makes me ramble

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Re: GTG transfer from multispore on grain before 100% colonization... [Re: jupiterskimmer]
    #11322481 - 10/26/09 02:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jupiterskimmer said:
have you ever tried to "choose" a piece of myc and pull it out while staying sterile as possible? When i open a grain jar i try to be as quick as possible, digging through it for the best piece sonds like it would result in contams.

Get half pint jars. Pre pour agar, sterilize, 1 drop per jar through self sealing lid and ur good to go

Thats what i would do

The only way i would open jars that aren't 100%. Is if they had cobweb. Open the jar spray it down with 3% hydrogen peroxide. THen try to pour out what looks to thin to be myc. Spray again with h2o2. Grab a pair of sterile tongs and pull out a hunk of myc. Drop it in a ziplock with a cap full of peroxide. Swish it around for a couple seconds then place the ziploc so the liquid is a the bottom and the myc hunk is at the top. Then i sterilize my tongs with a heat source, grab the myc and drop it in a grain jar (while the tongs are still hot). 5cc's of 3% is injected into the jar beforehand.

I have yet to get shrooms with this method but the jars i have tried this with look healthy. They are only about about 2 days growth behind the jars transferred with uncontaminated myc.

^Damn adderall, makes me ramble

QFT this is what ive been saying since get go but let the OP learn the hard way.  I had to many times i dont want to take away from that

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11323144 - 10/26/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jdominate said:
i think your kinda missing the point.

think of it like this:

you put five separate drops of spores solution on 5 separate petri dishes, and choose the plate with the best looking myc.

you put five separate drops of spore solution on grain in 5 separate spots, and choose the spot with the best looking MYC.

same concept as agar, right?

You would be way better off to use agar. Let your master fully colonize and take sample of rhizomorphic tissue and apply to agar. You will still have a fully colonized jar AND be well on your way to some isolates. Why not just do it correctly and use agar? It's inexpensive, easy, and really effective.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags