Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Bulk Substrate Tubs (Doc_T's Mini-monos) Moisture question
    #11321422 - 10/25/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm using Doc_T's Mini Mono Tubs and I'm on day 7 of fruiting (So I took it out of the black trash bag it was in 7 days ago) and I'm wondering if I should be misting at this point since my substrate is starting to have gaps around the edges of it, like it's sort of dry and caked. It doesn't really look dry, but I really don't have all that many mushrooms for day 7 of fruiting either. On Doc_T's Tek he says that he never has to fan, only mist... But I'm wondering WHEN should I start misting?

The tubs I'm using

Two of them (note the gap all around the edges)

A closeup of the gap in question...

Thanks for any help... :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk Substrate Tubs (Doc_T's Mini-monos) Moisture question [Re: theMallacht]
    #11321451 - 10/25/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well the substrate pulling away could be because of a few things.

1.) Loss of moisture / low humidity (Due to your shotgun style monotub.  If I were you I would of set up a proper mono-tub[Refer to the link of my grow in my signature])

2.) The substrate is starting to fruit and using up its water source, causing the "cake" to shrink.

Or, a combination of both!

I never once misted my tubs, and I had a fan outside roughly 3 feet away on 24/7.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Bulk Substrate Tubs (Doc_T's Mini-monos) Moisture question [Re: theMallacht]
    #11321460 - 10/25/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"Mist as needed". Coir changes color slightly. I misted about once a day in fruiting conditions.
I didn't fan- but that one was in a drafty room. In an interior or enclosed room, you'll want an oscillating fan on a timer, just like a regular monotub.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: Bulk Substrate Tubs (Doc_T's Mini-monos) Moisture question [Re: Doc_T]
    #11321484 - 10/25/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Doc_T... I was hoping you would chime in. :smile: What if the tubs are in a room where there happens to be a lot of ventilation in general (if you know what I mean) ... There isn't a fan pointing directly at the tubs but there is plenty of air moving around in the room they are in.... Thanks for your tub idea btw... A friend of mine is using it as well... I have your Tek pretty much memorized.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11321504 - 10/25/09 09:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It depends on local conditions. Air conditioners and heaters make the air dryer, of course. But the movement of the air is good for FAE too. So you may need to mist more to accomodate.

Shrinkage is normal and isn't a problem. It'll shrink enough that the side pins usually grow up like normal mushrooms.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix