Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBombaclaat
 User Gallery

Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses?
    #11319715 - 10/25/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Before i started cultivating i always just ate 8ths whenever i tripped because thats what people usually sell.  Recently though i've been experimenting with lower doses (.75g-1.5g) and i was surprized that the effects not all that pleasant.  I keep getting salvia-like feelings of itchyness and feel a bit too warm for comfort.  Anyone else need to "break though" in order to enjoy their experiance?  I've never done any heroic doses of shrooms.  700 morning glory seeds was my strongest trip (excluding one notable extacy trip)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: Bombaclaat]
    #11320513 - 10/25/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had similar experiences off low doses.. defnitely "salvia-like" but not quite so unpleasant. If im active, outside or doing stuff I don't notice it, but if im just sitting around inside not doing much then I start noticing it.

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: day_tripper]
    #11320619 - 10/25/09 07:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i only like decently large doses.  i feel weird and uncomfortable just like you said.  but man once you get past that weird feeling i love  it

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: fatso]
    #11320803 - 10/25/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah man iono about low doses... they remind me of pre breakthrough DMT. no comfortable/ not worth it. it's like they're telling you to take more next time.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: dummy]
    #11321095 - 10/25/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, the other day I ate a fairly low dose (I normally dose around 4.5g) and it was really uncomfortable. I found my thoughts racing far more than usual, and my body load was off.

Low doses can be enjoyable, but I won't ever do anything less than 3g.

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #11324970 - 10/26/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I've notice similar feelings to what you referenced on low doses, and in fact I always wondered about what you described as "itchyness", if anybody else ever noticed it (if I interpreted your statement correctly)...'cause I did....like an annoying itchyness in my fingertips for example.  Also a general sense of restlessness, which is something I recall Terence McKenna spoke about with regard to low doses of mush.  For me, not exactly comfortable.

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: Mike Elium]
    #11325012 - 10/26/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've had good low doses and bad low doses. it depended on the set and setting.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: showme]
    #11325207 - 10/26/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i don't like less than 3g. 5g is the most i've had. at the low end (i.e., 3g) i can get a lot out of the trip because i'm still able to connect with reality, but that also means more potential for a difficult trip. 5g-ish is pure bliss so far, but it's harder to integrate the experience into sober consciousness afterwards. so, 3g for self-improvement, and 5g for retreat, worship, recharge.

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Québec Flag
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11327337 - 10/26/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I do not like low doses of shrooms if I don't smoke marijuana. The effects blend well so I get really confused but in a pleasant way and get HUGE boosts of energy, ovecoming the "down" that marijuana brings you after 1 or 2 hours.

When I do low doses, and just sit down or lay on my bed, I get really warm in a negative way. I sometimes find myself be a victim of that mean thought loop!

Conclusion: if you're going for a low dose, hang out with Mari Jane!

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

"I have three words for you: Take some drugs!" -Simon Posford

Invisiblemrkite210

#11327389 - 10/26/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'd have to agree. On lower doses, I can't help but feel I'm kind of on the lower part of some threshold, not where I want to be, and it can manifest itself in my thoughts. I have to be "taken" by the dose to fully enjoy it.

Offlinemantis90
Cosmic Groovin
 User Gallery

Loc: Fla
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: gab1159]
    #11327433 - 10/26/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I LOVE low dosing shrooms (1-1.7g)
Shrooms hit me hard, especially at 2g.  So anything below that is just MEEELOOOWW :smile:
In fact was at Wanee (music festival) on 2 grams of chocolates we got off some dude, and on the come down we got some pizza from the Mellow Mushroom with mushrooms on our slices,GOD what an awesome weekend that was :o

OfflineBombaclaat
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: mantis90]
    #11328226 - 10/26/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow i think you're the only person so far to enjoy low doses.  Interesting how so many people reported unpleasant warmness and itchyness.  Guess its go big or go home for me hehe

InvisibleBenzine
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Russian Federation
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: mrkite210]
    #11328428 - 10/26/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes ive had this. low doses never do anything for me unless there rly strong shrooms. other than that the low doses just make me feel weird and uncomfortable similar to when i eat a good does i get a mildy uncomfortable come up but then as it goes into the peak i feel fuckin great. i need to get the full effects of psilocybin or i just feel like i eat a stupid fungus

Offlinechucknorris
Ground Chuck

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: Benzine]
    #16116209 - 04/20/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone feel a heavy weight on them on low doses? I guess its mainly during the come up but boy it sucks.

OfflineTHIRSTINMORE
Stranger

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: chucknorris]
    #16116589 - 04/20/12 02:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, its this reason i recommend 3.5 for first timers. Im tryna c colors mannnnn.

OfflineDubwobble
Psilocybe Stoopin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: CA, USA Flag
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: THIRSTINMORE]
    #16117984 - 04/20/12 09:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes for LSD. I end up feeling anti-social and feaverish (as in coming on to a flu)

But ... No for mushrooms. Low dosages of mushrooms act as a mood elevator for me, and keeps me awake and interested at parties to stay at them. (I don't drink alcohol ever)

--------------------

Offlineplasma21
Meh
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: Dubwobble]
    #16118040 - 04/20/12 09:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the only feeling i get on a low dose is dissapointment

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: plasma21]
    #16118069 - 04/20/12 09:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I love low doses of mushrooms. Totally euphoric and comforting and enjoyable. Brightens my mood and outlook usually.

Low doses of LSD are kind of annoyingly vague and uninteresting, or at least they can be in my experience. (So can too small an amount of mushrooms)
I do sometimes have moments of anxiety on low doses, but certainly no more so than when coming up on a large dose.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: plasma21]
    #16118103 - 04/20/12 09:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Low doses for me just create a bunch of restlessness and generalized anxiety. It really isn't pleasant at All and I find myself just kinda waiting it out. I really don't enjoy doing anything under 2.5 grms. It feels like I am stuck in the come up the entire time...just waiting for something to happen, which never does! My favorite lately has been 4+ grms in an alcohol extraction and then mixed with lime juice. Quick and clean takeoff.....

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: Anyone else feel uncomfortable/weird on low doses? [Re: Owsley]
    #16118293 - 04/20/12 10:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Owsley said:
Low doses for me just create a bunch of restlessness and generalized anxiety. It really isn't pleasant at All and I find myself just kinda waiting it out. I really don't enjoy doing anything under 2.5 grms. It feels like I am stuck in the come up the entire time...just waiting for something to happen, which never does! My favorite lately has been 4+ grms in an alcohol extraction and then mixed with lime juice. Quick and clean takeoff.....

Pretty much the same here, but I don't necessarily feel anxiety.  Mostly just the restlessness, an urge to get out and do thangs, which is fun but really not appropriate in some situations.  I guess when I first started tripping I kind of liked low doses because of the euphoria (which can be a hit or miss at low doses for me now) and I wasn't completely incapacitated during the trip.  Relatively sober thought patterns, and a pretty mild trip.

However, once I experimented with higher doses when I started growing I found myself never really wanting to go back to low doses.  On low doses the mind fuck was always really minimal, and I grew to enjoy even the difficult to deal with mind fucks from the higher doses.  The vividness of colors and stuff was nice on the low doses, but I grew much more fond of high dose morphage and OEVs that commandeer your visual attention. 

At one point my rule of thumb for dosing was that if I wasn't a little worried about how many shrooms I ate and whether or not I'd be able to "come back," it wasn't enough.  Since then I've not been interested in low dose trips, at least when I'm fully stocked and I'm on a solo mission.  I wouldn't turn down a mild trip if I had no shrooms myself and someone offered.  I'd at least stop eating for a day and lemon tek it though.

Low doses have their benefits I guess.  Probably ok for social situations where you're going to be amongst people or in the general public.  I probably won't be doing anything less than an eighth, maybe 3 g if lemon tekked or combined with MAOi .  It's kind of a let down to do less for me at this point in my life.  I may change my mind when I get older though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate