Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
WTF just happened to me in my sleep...?
    #11318957 - 10/25/09 04:46 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Im really confused, and I just woke up so I figured it would be the best time to type this...

I noticed that when I fell into sleep (taking a nap starting around an hour ago) that I NOTICED MYSELF FALL ASLEEP. All of the sudden, I realized I was asleep and aware of the transition, and I would think things that would happen, and I vaguely remember making lists of stuff, or something. I dont think this was lucid dreaming, because Ive had lucid dreams, and they have NOT been as lucid as this (plus there really wasnt a setting, or anything it was just my thoughts appearing in front of me) (best way to explain it, i think). I was asleep, not moving, and consciously thinking... but I wasnt that amazed by it. Like it wasnt that astonishing to me while asleep, but looking back on it, that is where the weird shit started...

Then I get this feeling that Ive had maybe 10 time before, but this time it was by far the longest. Probably about 7-10 seconds. The best way i can describe the feeling is like this:
You know how right when you wake up, and you stretch, and it feels good, and like you kinda hear yourself stretching... and when you yawn/open your mouth really wide, you hear this absence of sound because your ears kinda close off a bit or something, plus a little sound like a "mmhhhhmmmmm" for like however long your yawn is?

Well I felt that feeling/sound in my head, like in my brain, my brain was vibrating softly or something, and I was in standing in my room (the same room that I was physically actually laying in my bed) and then my POV floated up a bit (unfortunately I wasnt looking at the bed, so I cant tell you if I was still in it)... And then I felt like a dead person was going to appear or that someone was going to talk to me, that I was in a state closer to dead than alive, and I got freaked out and choose to "wake" myself up, and snap out of it. During the weird state, it sounded windy and weird (although it was just my room), like when Frodo put on the ring in the LOTR movies (gay analogy, im sorry, but thats what it was close too). Opening my eyes took work, probably about a second longer then it normally would.

I have had this feeling/sound like before, but NEVER this long (i usually get scared instantly and choose not to explore it and go into it, although I WANT too)... but the first time I was just falling asleep, and I saw this mechanical arm reach out to me, like the kind of machine that you see assembling cars or something, and idk what the fuck that means/was... another time was when I was dreaming that I was tripping, and I looked at my hands and they started doing that thing that hands do when you look at them when your tripping, then I got that feeling, and then I woke up), and then a few more random times, usually when very relaxed. I feel like this has to be a higher state of consciousness or something, and it vaguely resembles a psychedelic experience, (which is why it is posted here).

Does ANYONE have any idea what this is, or experienced anything like it?
How do I get more courage to explore what is happening to me...? Dead people arent that scary, right? I mean there already dead...

I looked up sleep paralysis, and I dont really think its that...

uh, Thanks for any [serious] replies...

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemongo lloyd
High Plains Drifter
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: ovechkin57]
    #11319000 - 10/25/09 04:52 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

You got dosed in your sleep is what happened.

--------------------

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
chronic lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nowhere, man
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #11319206 - 10/25/09 05:24 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:

:lol:

I've had a couple of weird experiences just before sleeping in the last month, with intense visuals constantly shifting but without being able to control any of it (as in lucid dreaming).

It got me thinking about breathing exercises and meditation in a whole different way. I'd like to explore that kind of states but I feel I lack the patience needed. I'm not giving up anyway.

I started practicing yoga and meditation very often this year (I think this might have something to do with it) and I'd like to learn about holotropic breathing exercises.

It's all in the mind... or you got dosed in your sleep
:smirk:

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Primal Glitch]
    #11319224 - 10/25/09 05:28 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

You could check out something called Sleep Paralysis, but idk if that's what's going on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
chronic lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nowhere, man
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Anthony917]
    #11319240 - 10/25/09 05:30 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ovechkin57 said:

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Primal Glitch]
    #11319265 - 10/25/09 05:35 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

tripleclick said:
Quote:

ovechkin57 said:

.....oops.
I guess I didn't finish reading the post...

Maybe you're just fucked up.

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Anthony917]
    #11319331 - 10/25/09 05:48 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

The dreaming mind is a tricky thing, and you may or may not already be dreaming any time you perceive yourself to be awake, no matter how convincing it is. That said, I'd have some weird shit happen to me as a result of sleep states. I have noticed myself fall asleep, as you said, and had really messed up experiences from there that incorporated the dream world and the real world simultaneously. Also, whenever I dream that I'm tripping and wake up in the middle of it, I tend to wake up with slight visuals swirling around in the darkness. It doesn't last long, but it can be alarming.

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11319342 - 10/25/09 05:49 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ovechkin57 said:
Im really confused, and I just woke up so I figured it would be the best time to type this...

I noticed that when I fell into sleep (taking a nap starting around an hour ago) that I NOTICED MYSELF FALL ASLEEP. All of the sudden, I realized I was asleep and aware of the transition, and I would think things that would happen, and I vaguely remember making lists of stuff, or something. I dont think this was lucid dreaming, because Ive had lucid dreams, and they have NOT been as lucid as this (plus there really wasnt a setting, or anything it was just my thoughts appearing in front of me) (best way to explain it, i think). I was asleep, not moving, and consciously thinking... but I wasnt that amazed by it. Like it wasnt that astonishing to me while asleep, but looking back on it, that is where the weird shit started...

Then I get this feeling that Ive had maybe 10 time before, but this time it was by far the longest. Probably about 7-10 seconds. The best way i can describe the feeling is like this:
You know how right when you wake up, and you stretch, and it feels good, and like you kinda hear yourself stretching... and when you yawn/open your mouth really wide, you hear this absence of sound because your ears kinda close off a bit or something, plus a little sound like a "mmhhhhmmmmm" for like however long your yawn is?

Well I felt that feeling/sound in my head, like in my brain, my brain was vibrating softly or something, and I was in standing in my room (the same room that I was physically actually laying in my bed) and then my POV floated up a bit (unfortunately I wasnt looking at the bed, so I cant tell you if I was still in it)... And then I felt like a dead person was going to appear or that someone was going to talk to me, that I was in a state closer to dead than alive, and I got freaked out and choose to "wake" myself up, and snap out of it. During the weird state, it sounded windy and weird (although it was just my room), like when Frodo put on the ring in the LOTR movies (gay analogy, im sorry, but thats what it was close too). Opening my eyes took work, probably about a second longer then it normally would.

I have had this feeling/sound like before, but NEVER this long (i usually get scared instantly and choose not to explore it and go into it, although I WANT too)... but the first time I was just falling asleep, and I saw this mechanical arm reach out to me, like the kind of machine that you see assembling cars or something, and idk what the fuck that means/was... another time was when I was dreaming that I was tripping, and I looked at my hands and they started doing that thing that hands do when you look at them when your tripping, then I got that feeling, and then I woke up), and then a few more random times, usually when very relaxed. I feel like this has to be a higher state of consciousness or something, and it vaguely resembles a psychedelic experience, (which is why it is posted here).

How do I get more courage to explore what is happening to me...? Dead people arent that scary, right? I mean there already dead...

Of body experiences mate. Don't worry about it. I get them every so often. The phenomena you have described regarding POV's sounds like something i experience: I randomly appear outside of my own body, and see myself. Its weird to explain, but it's like i become a 3rd person viewing myself. Also, other times, i just feel like im not my self, but watching myself instead.

Often when im alone, and its quiet, i can "hear" the silence. Its like a whistling, air sound. And i get the sensation of falling. I can sometimes hear voices. Its always the same type of murmuring voice, that i don't understand, but for some reason it always seems to be chastising me.

I don't like it. When i listen to the radio, i can be listening, and i can be LISTENING.  Sometimes i tune out, and i start to think its not music. And the music doesn't feel real. And even though its life, it doesn't seem like life. And then i start to think about myself in 3rd person, think someones watching me, and "see" myself from outside my body.

This all sounds like i have psychosis i know, but its very infrequent, and it seems to be linked to sleep, or when there is little stimualation in the environment.

You might want to do a bit of research on lucid dreaming, hypnagogia, and sleep paralysis. All very interesting stuff. One of the weirdest experiences i had was:

I was dreaming of a night of clubbing with my mate, and then all of a sudden the dancefloor got really hot and smokey. My mate ran downstairs to the boiler room, and i followed him. I was coughing and spluttering, chasing him.. trying to find him. And i "woke up". I was paralysed for a few seconds, and the room was boiling hot. I heard crackling all around me. And spitting of fire. It felt like someone was hlding hot coals to my face. And then i snapped awake and i was out of it.

But yeh, as i said. ut of body experiences, and loss of "consciousness", mixed with daydreaming can be fun, and somewhat daunting.

On the other hand, you have a psychological disorder.. welcome to he club..

Btw.. do you experience this stuff without drugs?

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Coheed88]
    #11319356 - 10/25/09 05:52 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Another thing i hope you never experience is sleep demons. That is fucking scary as shit.

Its basically sleep paralysis, and you wake up, but theres a "demon" or black shadow over your bed. You get the feeling of choking and tightness around the throat but can do nothing. DSM class it under visual/auditory hallucinations, and it is purpotedly quite common. Happened to me max 3 times.

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
    #11320358 - 10/25/09 08:51 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

It was an OBE. I've had quite a few, all of them are different, it's actually one of my favorite "trips". You can learn to control them, which is quite fun.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears the "wind" sound.

OfflineBeefWatson
Beefmaster

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11320504 - 10/25/09 09:12 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

maybe it was a dream

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: BeefWatson]
    #11320689 - 10/25/09 09:50 PM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:

Doubt it... :grin:

Quote:

tripleclick said:
Quote:

mongo lloyd said:

:lol:

I've had a couple of weird experiences just before sleeping in the last month, with intense visuals constantly shifting but without being able to control any of it (as in lucid dreaming).

It got me thinking about breathing exercises and meditation in a whole different way. I'd like to explore that kind of states but I feel I lack the patience needed. I'm not giving up anyway.

I started practicing yoga and meditation very often this year (I think this might have something to do with it) and I'd like to learn about holotropic breathing exercises.

It's all in the mind... or you got dosed in your sleep
:smirk:

My mom went to some holotropic breathwork seminars... very interesting. I would love to do it.
I mediate every so often, and get a slightly similar feeling...

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
Quote:

ovechkin57 said:

Of body experiences mate. Don't worry about it. I get them every so often. The phenomena you have described regarding POV's sounds like something i experience: I randomly appear outside of my own body, and see myself. Its weird to explain, but it's like i become a 3rd person viewing myself. Also, other times, i just feel like im not my self, but watching myself instead.

Often when im alone, and its quiet, i can "hear" the silence. Its like a whistling, air sound. And i get the sensation of falling. I can sometimes hear voices. Its always the same type of murmuring voice, that i don't understand, but for some reason it always seems to be chastising me.

I don't like it. When i listen to the radio, i can be listening, and i can be LISTENING.  Sometimes i tune out, and i start to think its not music. And the music doesn't feel real. And even though its life, it doesn't seem like life. And then i start to think about myself in 3rd person, think someones watching me, and "see" myself from outside my body.

This all sounds like i have psychosis i know, but its very infrequent, and it seems to be linked to sleep, or when there is little stimualation in the environment.

You might want to do a bit of research on lucid dreaming, hypnagogia, and sleep paralysis. All very interesting stuff. One of the weirdest experiences i had was:

I was dreaming of a night of clubbing with my mate, and then all of a sudden the dancefloor got really hot and smokey. My mate ran downstairs to the boiler room, and i followed him. I was coughing and spluttering, chasing him.. trying to find him. And i "woke up". I was paralysed for a few seconds, and the room was boiling hot. I heard crackling all around me. And spitting of fire. It felt like someone was hlding hot coals to my face. And then i snapped awake and i was out of it.

But yeh, as i said. ut of body experiences, and loss of "consciousness", mixed with daydreaming can be fun, and somewhat daunting.

On the other hand, you have a psychological disorder.. welcome to he club..

Btw.. do you experience this stuff without drugs?

I feel like it was partly an OBE, but I cant be sure just yet... I experience it both with and without drugs ... but to a weirder extend when Im sober... and its different but similar at the same time... hard to explain.
I dont really think I have a psychological disorder...

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
Another thing i hope you never experience is sleep demons. That is fucking scary as shit.

Its basically sleep paralysis, and you wake up, but theres a "demon" or black shadow over your bed. You get the feeling of choking and tightness around the throat but can do nothing. DSM class it under visual/auditory hallucinations, and it is purpotedly quite common. Happened to me max 3 times.

Well, thanks for putting that thought in my head...
Quote:

SittingBull said:
It was an OBE. I've had quite a few, all of them are different, it's actually one of my favorite "trips". You can learn to control them, which is quite fun.

Yes, Its good to know, because the wind sound is like the weirdest part, because its not coming from an external source, its like being created in my head...

Quote:

BeefWatson said:
maybe it was a dream

I guess it could be.

Thank you so much for the replies, Im researching what you all said... keep em coming...

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Offlineinphinity
...and beyond.
Male

Loc: The Golden State
    #11322002 - 10/26/09 01:38 AM (8 years, 29 days ago)

sounds like shitty street LSD to me

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: inphinity]
    #11322600 - 10/26/09 05:29 AM (8 years, 29 days ago)

you got raped son:crazy2:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Salomon]
    #11322624 - 10/26/09 05:47 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

this has happened to me once when i was eager to lucid dream but wasn't in a deep sleep yet. right when i JUST STARTED to dream i started to think to myself hey i'm dreaming i can do anything i...

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: showme]
    #11322654 - 10/26/09 06:08 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

sounds like some intense lucid dreaming/hypnagogic hallucinations. savour it, its a rare experience, but an amazing one at that.

lol, coincedently i was looking this shit up today. those weird sounds inside your head are known as brain explosions.

smoking weed constantly over long periods of time then suddenly quitting should spur some really cool & vivid dreams.

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11365300 - 11/01/09 10:29 PM (8 years, 22 days ago)

Couldnt find anything on brain explosions.. Do you have any links?

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11365883 - 11/01/09 11:57 PM (8 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
Couldnt find anything on brain explosions.. Do you have any links?

from wikipedia;

Quote:

Sounds

Hypnagogic imagery is often auditory or has an auditory component. Like the visuals, hypnagogic sounds vary in intensity from faint impressions to loud noises, such as crashes and bangs (exploding head syndrome). People may imagine their own name called or a doorbell ringing. Snatches of imagined speech are common. While typically nonsensical and fragmented, these speech events can occasionally strike the individual as apt comments on – or summations of – their thoughts at the time. They often contain word play, neologisms and made-up names. Hypnagogic speech may manifest as the subject’s own ‘inner voice’, or as the voices of others: familiar people or strangers. More rarely, poetry or music is heard.[29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_hallucinations  :mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11365945 - 11/02/09 12:04 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

SittingBull said:

ahhh!  i've had this happen to me on numerous occasions.  super scary.  one time it was this super scary wizard/grim reaper character and i totally experience that wind tunnel sound effect as well in this and other dream states.  also i've had dreams within dreams within dreams within dreams that i can't seem to wake up from.

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: WTF just happened to me in my sleep...? [Re: yogabunny]
    #11366075 - 11/02/09 12:29 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

sounds like a nightmare nic (no pun intended)
But ah yes, sleep paralysis, demons, and internal dreaming loops are 10 x worse than any trip ive ever had.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience