Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Lack of the Spirit of Creativity Nauseates Me....
    #11318798 - 10/25/09 04:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Constraint – a gift for the impotent. Constraint – a vice for the torn man.

Creativity… I can agree with the champions of the creative; it is perhaps mans highest virtue. If there is one good indication that the species of man has over-flown it is due to a lack of creativity among the people. Was there not a time when everyone had to be functionally creative? For long now there has been an avenue for the human machine to expire itself, that is in foul reactionary-ism. That is reaction just for the sake or just extended as far as reaction without a corresponding action can go. It is as if some intellects really don’t even have a need for creativity. But no doubt creativity is discharged in a myriad of ways. Though one can define it most briefly and easily via a negation; the antitheses of creativity could be called: nihilism (pure), laziness, no development of skills, lack of mental fortitude, and a lack of passion and imagination within the brain. etc...

Is hell just the state of possessing the human potential but without the wits about you to exert it? Isn’t there something disgusting about people who just comment on and concern themselves with mere evaluations of what other people create? I often wonder if people really take themselves that (apparently) serious, why don’t some people balance some respect of the process into much of any decent human creation… well at least, what do they actually have to bring to the table - than just their passing remarks within their supposed comfort of opinion and personal (which often too isn't all that personal) fancies. Do they have anything worth reacting too?

Getting personal now (dunno why)... when I was younger I was more creative (pre adolescent mainly) I would draw and such much more. Wouldn’t repress the imagination as much, etc; then towards middle school and high school I almost totally covered up creativity, was more and more developing a boring personality I suppose. But I would honestly say that around when I was 19 and I decided to leave Christian schooling and to try to shed my reculsivity was my only salvation from stagnation. Taking my first existentialism class at a secular university was perhaps one of the most important things in my life as of late. Though starting a journal when I transitioned out of Christian schooling would correspond. Thus my main discharge of creativity for me lately; writing, over the last ~2 years I am roundabout 100 word doc pages of single spaced blabbering and was able to present a paper to a undergrad philosophy conference. Anyway, this is all better to me and I am glad I left my middleschoolesque past environment with it’s over the top morality and rigidity. Not to say I have my shit together but damn is life better when I’m not back in a shitty Christian dorm room playing video games or something on a Friday night drinking a mountain dew.

Creativity is probably the highest goal to aspire to, the best medicine contranihilism. IMO

I have no idea why I got into my life so much… But yeah, opening the “ego” to its innate freedom seems paramount to this whole creative type of life – Blake and such definitely had it right; rigid customs and views seem to have their forte in passivity and lack of creative passion - at least from here that seems pretty on the money...

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Edited by andrewss (10/26/09 02:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: Lack of the Spirit of Creativity Nauseates Me.... [Re: andrewss]
    #11319245 - 10/25/09 05:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I hear ya

personally I find the manipulation of lesser intellects to be FAR more disgusting then a lack of creativity

in all honestly nothing is less creative or original then the manipulation of fellow men though I suppose some are always looking for new and convincing ways of doing this but in the end its still a selfish, primitive, social Darwinist, desire driven intent

I care much more about a persons genuine intent then I do how they choose to express that intent

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

#11319345 - 10/25/09 05:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

...at least from here that seems pretty on the money...

That, sir, is all over the money.

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: Lack of the Spirit of Creativity Nauseates Me.... [Re: TheBalance]
    #11319786 - 10/25/09 07:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

this is why critical honest analysis is so important(especially today)

"Behold our secret: If in order to destroy Christianity, all religion, we have pretended to have the sole true religion, remember that the end justifies the means, and the wise ought to take all the means to do good which the wicked take to do evil. This can be done in no other way but by secret associations, which will by degrees, and in silence, possess themselves of the government of the States, and make use of these means for this purpose which the wicked use for attaining base ends. The express aim of this order was to abolish Christianity, and overthrow all civil governments." (Adam Weishaupt, May 1st 1776.)"

"By establishing reading societies, and subscription libraries, and taking these under our direction, and supplying them through our labors, we may turn the public mind which way we will."

"We must win the common people in every corner. This will be obtained chiefly by means of the schools; and by open, hearty behavior, show condescension, popularity, and toleration of their prejudices, which we shall at leisure root out and dispel."

"Of all the means I know to lead men, the most effectual is a concealed mystery. The hankering of the mind is irresistible."

Adam Weishaupt

I'm also reminded of this quote from Manly P. Hall when reading your OP.

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman must know and apply their knowledge.  The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion , which places the energy of the universe at their disposal.  Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly.  When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft.  The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

he also states in another book...

"I hereby promise the Great Spirit Lucifuge, Prince of Demons, that each year I will bring unto him a human soul to do with as as it may please him, and in return Lucifuge promises to bestow upon me the treasures of the earth and fulfil my every desire for the length of my natural life. If I fail to bring him each year the offering specified above, then my own soul shall be forfeit to him. Signed.....  { Invocant signs pact with his own blood } "

and one more...

""The genuine Esoteric Associations always required that disciples prepare themselves for careers of practical service. The student was expected to attain to a state of unusual skill or proficiency in some branch of learning. He was then to practice this profession or craft as a means of ex-tending his sphere of constructive influence. He was to teach through example, enriching his chosen vocation with the overtones of enlightened religious philosophy. Thus, gradually creating a significant zone of influence, he was available for whatever task the Keepers of the Great Plan required. Practical ends can only be achieved by practical means, and the agents of the Universal Reformation"

not trying to hijack your thread I just wanted to show you exactly why I disagree with you somewhat

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Lack of the Spirit of Creativity Nauseates Me.... [Re: Life Upon Death]
    #11323885 - 10/26/09 01:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, but I am not sure I see your point? I wasn't making any claimsa bout lack of creativity being the most disgusting thing in the world :lol: - just that it is annoying when all some people seem to be able to do is to critique other peoples efforts without ever bringing anything to the table... and etc.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11324928 - 10/26/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

ya I feel ya on that point

critiquing for the sake of critique and negativity is annoying

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
    #11324980 - 10/26/09 04:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:
all some people seem to be able to do is to critique other peoples efforts without ever bringing anything to the table...

its not all they seem to be able to do
it is all they can do
they cant look beyond their own beleifs so critique everyone elses beleifs

but remember critiquing them is to be like them
dont sweat it, thats what they want!

certain posters here dont realize how their seemingly harmless sarcastic comments can cause another being misery

there was one poster here & he was really sailing smoothly, getting into yoga, meditation etc... really enjoying himself
but then he started listening to other 'negative' posters here which claimed meditation is a waste of time, spirituality is all BS etc...
this threw him into a severe depression & confusion
in a way its his own fault for listening to them

its no secret that this forum is mostly negative debunking

the people who debunk other peoples beleifs are more attached to their own beleifs than the people being debunked
its all about attachment

:peace:

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (10/26/09 04:48 PM)

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11325047 - 10/26/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Nausea...This is a feeling I can relate to. Whether its something we can agree or disagree upon well doesn't this fall under the critics eye?

What does the critic offer? Its strange that this has become an ordinary requisite for our interactions today - that something is for the world. So then what is the critics mere in-sight into the medium? Its something almost contrary, nonetheless what we also seem to need more and more, to organize the mish mash of information we have free access to.

It's weird sharing art, music and books these days, when the default is already "sharing" as media. Its actually to the point where you almost can't give someone something as a gift, but upload your imprints of taste to his/her hard-drive. Now even on a personal level, the thin line between taste and propaganda is pretty blurred. What is the critic in a free medium? The "gift" of insight is fast becoming obsolete, even as we seem to need this more and more. As our networking becomes tighter, quicker, and more efficient, we are becoming more radically "other".

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: Lack of the Spirit of Creativity Nauseates Me.... [Re: daytripper23]
    #11325111 - 10/26/09 05:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

^ Nice insight. It is not so much that I dislike a critical spirit per-se and as a matter of fact I think its a crucial aspect to informing yourself, though its a step in a better process IMO. To just fixate and linger on being critical about things people have put out there seems a crudity. When commenting on and reacting to other peoples products (can't help but getting real general here) shouldn't we see how infantile it is to never move on from this and producing something yourself. It is not as if one needs to attain a massive audience of fame or whatever, exerting at all is noble IMO and it is sad to see how much rabble will never bring out their creativity (or human potential almost anyone has).

Kant said it was immoral not to cultivate ones talents! I suppose I can agree with him there, but of course reality is quite amoral... its just "sad" I guess...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology