Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived
    #11311975 - 10/24/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived

By Laurel Rosenhall and Ed Fletcher
lrosenhall@sacbee.com
Published: Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 4B

Sacramento State officials released a detailed timeline Friday of the response to this week's deadly violence inside a campus dormitory that suggests Quran Jones started his rampage before his victim got home.

At approximately 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, a resident assistant reported hearing noise and windows breaking in the suite, said Gloria Moraga, vice president for public affairs. Records from an electronic lock on the door to the suite indicate that roommate Scott Hawkins entered the room six minutes later.

"We do know that something was going on before he entered the room," said Lori Varlotta, vice president for student affairs.

Dorm residents said Wednesday they saw Jones through a window, smashing up his room and hitting himself with a baseball bat. He is accused of beating Hawkins to death and charging at campus police with a knife. Officers shot him after he failed to respond to pepper-ball volleys.

Campus officials said nothing indicates Jones was using drugs, despite a roommate's account that Jones had recently expressed curiosity about a hallucinogenic drug called DMT.

"There is no evidence of any drug use," Dan Davis, chief of university police, said Friday during a news conference outside the American River Courtyard dorms.

A toxicology report might shed more light on what fueled the attack, but the results are not yet available, he said.

The Sacramento Police Department has interviewed Jones – who is in serious condition at UC Davis Medical Center after being shot by university police – but can't say what started the outburst.

When he's released from the hospital, Jones will face one charge of murder and one count of attempted murder of a police officer.

Spencer Dirrim, 19, who shared the five-bedroom suite with Jones, Hawkins and two others, said Jones had been researching DMT as part of a larger quest for spiritual meaning.

"He implied he might want to try it, but he never outright said he was planning on it," Dirrim said. "He believed it might be a path to a plane of higher consciousness."

DMT, or dimethyltryptamine, is a powerful psychedelic drug that has effects similar to LSD or hallucinogenic mushrooms, but is more intense, said Gordon Taylor, assistant special agent for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in Sacramento.

"It's popular in club scenes in some areas, but we haven't seen it in the Sacramento area," Taylor said.

DMT can be smoked, snorted, injected or brewed into a tea, he said. It is derived from a plant, but synthetic versions are produced in illegal labs. In recent years, authorities have busted DMT labs in Mendocino County and Hollywood, he said.

Unlike drugs such as methamphetamines or PCP, DMT is not associated with violent behavior, Taylor said.

Jones was known on campus as a peaceful person, quiet and well-mannered. A professor described him as a devoted student; friends and roommates said he was thoughtful and a bit reserved.

Jones is the foster child of a San Francisco couple who have said Jones is a kind, loving son. His biological father, Willie Jones, said during an interview late Thursday night at UC Davis Medical Center that he had talked to his son just a few days before.

"It's hard to believe what happened," Jones said. "I really, really feel bad about the other people's son. I wished he hadn't died."

Willie Jones said his son is an inquisitive young man who had talked about entering the military.

"He's a really good kid," Willie Jones said. "(His) life's just getting started."

Dirrim said Jones "was looking for the greater truth in life."

"He had a feeling there was something greater he could be a part of, some form of ascension to a higher form of consciousness," Dirrim said.

Jones told his roommate DMT might lead to the type of experience he sought, Dirrim said. He said he never saw Jones take any drugs or drink alcohol. But "he mentioned a book called 'DMT: The Spirit Molecule' that talked about this extensively," Dirrim said.

The author of that book is Rick Straussman, a psychiatry professor at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine who conducted a large study on DMT in the early 1990s to see what kinds of reactions it caused.

Most of his subjects experienced visual hallucinations and out of body sensations, Straussman said. Some went into extreme emotional states, or felt anxious. But none of them became violent, he said.

"I've never heard of anybody attacking anybody after smoking DMT," Straussman said.

Dirrim said he didn't mention Jones' interest in DMT to police when they questioned him Wednesday following the attack. He said it didn't occur to him until later that night as he ruminated on the day's events. He sent Sacramento police a follow-up e-mail at 11:33 p.m.

"Quran takes an interest in hallucinogens in a spiritual context," Dirrim wrote.

"In particular, he has often discussed the compound Dimethyltryptamine or DMT as a gateway to powerful spiritual experiences. He had never taken it, though he has often expressed interest in the compound and the hallucinations and spiritual experiences that it produces. He has also extended this interest to other psychedelic compounds, though had never used any (to my knowledge)."

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/2278124.html

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: motaman]
    #11312092 - 10/24/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Guy talks about DMT and then kills someone... it must mean that talking about DMT causes you to kill people!

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #11312164 - 10/24/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Even thinking about it can cause homicidal behavior.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineOverdoseLiving
Get 2 Give
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shroomery
Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11312372 - 10/24/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Im not going to say that it cant

EDIT: I meant it woudlnt suprise me if someone did freak out this bad after smoking it.

--------------------
Mi Vida Loco

Edited by OverdoseLiving (10/25/09 03:38 AM)

Invisibledemon6fire
Hello
Male

Loc: IL
Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: OverdoseLiving]
    #11315807 - 10/25/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe he couldnt get DMT and settled on a deliriant instead?  It does sound like some sort of drug was involved though.

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: demon6fire]
    #11316575 - 10/25/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"I've never heard of anybody attacking anybody after smoking DMT," Straussman said.

I killed an ego from smoking DMT

Offlineroxiwally
teachmetoroxi
 User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: CSUS rampage may have started before victim arrived [Re: Indubitably]
    #11317925 - 10/25/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, that's really ironic. HOW SIMILAR IS THIS to this news article. DAMN I wonder how media got wind of this article, but hear me out for three minutes-six minutes.

. I am at UC Santa Cruz with only a wee bit over a year before I can become a professor. I JUST had to oversee and aide in the 51-50 process of a student who was smoking DMT for three days and taking LSD for three days. Apparently, he had never done it before, so he tried in on day one-loved it- went back on bought two ten strips- and the day after.

His roommates did NOT want him around, because he was so unstable. During my class he started telling me "isn't it amazing how when I raise my hand everyone is happy. It's like woah *raise hand* boom *raise hand* wow *raise hand*. It's amazing how my limb is a profit. I am profit here to teach you all what God has taught me through my mind and my hand. Oh yes, my hand makes people happy. Woah-boom-wow.

I pull him outside to talk to him to see what the fuck is wrong, or how high he is. From there he started talking to me about how I don't know his age, or how that compares to the pumpkin on my tie. "If the pumpkin on your tie, is that the same as IN your tie. you know, IN it. It's not like pumpkins can actually sit on a tie. Then you couldn't walk because it'd be so heavy, but the pumpkins would remain because I could heal dash fix dash it dash make dash you dash a dash pumpkin mother fucking pie. You are a pumpkin seed".

- That is 95% accurate. I brought him to the nurse, who said he was fine (obviously not). She brought him back to his dorm/apartment (there are 10 mini colleges with their own style and this college has co-ed apartments only-very similar to British system) and then I called his parents who helped me with the process.

Eight police officers, and three EMT's raided the kids house with no roommates because we told them ahead of time to leave. They also locked his room and took the kitchen knifes with them. We got to his room poke around and see if we could find out more. I found some LSD, maybe a hit or two of DMT, and a pipe that reaked like it + a tin foil that had runs and dmt all over it with DMT residue + a couple grams of weed. I pocked it and flushed it before the police could find it and charge the poor kid with possession.

It's day two apparently and they loaded him up with IV haldol, Seroquel, and Diazepam. He hasn't turned at all, but he's been so intoxicated with substances that they got to wear off before the do a second evaluation, but apparently the initial evaluation after 24 hours was not good at all. He's got some serious psychosis-he will most likely end up staying significantly longer but his parents have to work that out legally- and he has two uncles who have boarder line personality disorder plus several aunts who are heavily medicated for PTSD from their horrible abusive father.  I have a really bad feeling this kid is not going to come out of this the same kid.

If only there was some drug education instead of retardation in this country then maybe bullshit like this would be much more preventable. I know most people who are explained their family history and how it might affect the outcome of their psychedelic would not be dosing 15-20 hits in three days and smoking thousands of milligrams of DMT. I am more than confident that even below intelligent people would be way more responsible than this kid, because they could be PROPERLY educated about the best, most efficient, and safest way to consume-sell-handle drugs. Even telling a retarded (literally) person that they could die if they do X this way but if they do Y things instead then the chances of something bad happening are exponentially reduced.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract