Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: Fahkface]
    #11307996 - 10/23/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fahkface said:

Due to the fact that there are plenty of people fucking up patches by ripping out every single fruit (including pins) and destroying mycelia (hopefully due to a lack of knowledge and not because of pure greed or ignorance), the chance of spreading these mushrooms as good as we can is a task we all should consider to accomplish!

I couldn't agree more. This is something that I'm very interested in pursuing. If one spreads mycelium around many areas that will support growth, a few of them are bound to take off, right? I'm wondering though, if I take a small amount of mycelium from one patch and transfer to another area, is there a good chance that new area will colonize? Or should I take that small amount of mycelium from my patch and use it to colonize quart jars of wood chips, and in turn use those quart jars to colonize potential growth locations? I'm just trying to think of ways to spread the growth of cyans with mycelium from existing patches (I'd rather not deal with spore solutions/prints until my cultivation technique has improved). Maybe I should ask these questions in the cultivation forum....but since I'm not actually making my own outdoor patch, say in my backyard, I'm not sure.

Anyways, those pictures are awesome man! I totally believe you when you say all those patches are natural, but don't believe it at the same time. You understand, I'm sure

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoolboarderguy
Hunter and Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11308081 - 10/23/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

simply amazing

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#11309829 - 10/24/09 02:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice Fahkface!

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: 0acidtrance0]
    #11309978 - 10/24/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

0acidtrance0 said:
Quote:

Fahkface said:

Due to the fact that there are plenty of people fucking up patches by ripping out every single fruit (including pins) and destroying mycelia (hopefully due to a lack of knowledge and not because of pure greed or ignorance), the chance of spreading these mushrooms as good as we can is a task we all should consider to accomplish!

I couldn't agree more. This is something that I'm very interested in pursuing. If one spreads mycelium around many areas that will support growth, a few of them are bound to take off, right? I'm wondering though, if I take a small amount of mycelium from one patch and transfer to another area, is there a good chance that new area will colonize? Or should I take that small amount of mycelium from my patch and use it to colonize quart jars of wood chips, and in turn use those quart jars to colonize potential growth locations? I'm just trying to think of ways to spread the growth of cyans with mycelium from existing patches (I'd rather not deal with spore solutions/prints until my cultivation technique has improved). Maybe I should ask these questions in the cultivation forum....but since I'm not actually making my own outdoor patch, say in my backyard, I'm not sure.

Anyways, those pictures are awesome man! I totally believe you when you say all those patches are natural, but don't believe it at the same time. You understand, I'm sure

There's many ways you could go to support it's spreading. First of all, you should let the fruits mature completely! As you know, this is natures way to create new patches.

I guess most people dry their picked fruits on old newspapers or paper in general. All the spores that are left behind on the paper can be scraped off and distributed in areas, where the growing conditions seem good. You can either go with pure, dry spores, or make spore solutions to spray wood chip covered areas for example.

After dealing with fruits, you'll notice that your hands are covered in spores. You could wash your hands in a bucket of water making a spore solution that way.
When you just picked some fruits and have dirty hands you could check out the area around you for wood chip covered spots that ain't colonized with mushrooms yet and try to clean your hands using the uncolonized wood chips, so the spores have a chance to establish. This works "only" if it's wet, I guess.

But now to your question,
you can transplant mycelium to other spots and if you're careful and take only very little this shouldn't be a bigger problem for an established patch.
However, using colonized wood chips to spawn them to wood chips at home, would probably result in mold, when you try to use closed jars etc.
WHEN you spawn to self made substrate, go for maybe a basket, or something that has enough contact with fresh air. Keep it moist and it shouldn't be a bigger problem to cultivate ass loads of colonized wood chips.

Oh, and don't be afraid of using spores to inoculate sterilized wood chips. You'd be surprised how good it works:wink:

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

#11317434 - 10/25/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sooo... After I actually wanted to post some more pics yesterday, I again had a very hard time to upload more pics to the site, due to the same technical problems I had the day before yesterday.

Today it worked, so...

The following pics are more or less the same patches as in the first post, but a few days later.
In my opinion they look mostly the same, but I know how much people like to watch pictures (at least I do), so here you go:smirk:

And some more "panorama" pics...

To be continued...

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#11318908 - 10/25/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I love you fahk!

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

InvisibleBipolardox
^^^Like the name says^^^
Male

Loc: Renton Wa
Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #11318940 - 10/25/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm drooling on my keyboard, Nice

--------------------
"When everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself."
~Layne Staley~
"Life Is Good, and every breath is a gift"  ~Bipolardox~

OfflineShroomHunting
Starting fresh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: Bipolardox]
    #11338150 - 10/28/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

are you hunting in a park, or out in the woods?

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #11338269 - 10/28/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fahkface said:
And some more "panorama" pics...

There's a Sea of Cyan's there:thumbup:  Wow!

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #11339157 - 10/28/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to be the day, to post some more pics
(that always takes SOOO much time:sad:)...

Anyway, the first pics are from last week and ain't very spectacular, because the patches are the ones you've seen in the other posts and need some time to regain (what they hopefully do).

The following ones were made yesterday and today
(this time I brought my own cam:smirk:).
I've found several new patches, including two, that are definitely within the top three of the biggest patches I've seen / found yet.
Unfortunately, the first one (there's actually no pics of this one), which was EXTREMELY large and prolific, was right behind a fence of big mention, standing alone in the wilderness... Since it would have taken too much time to even start harvesting + the fact that I didn't want to trespass, made me consider the patch as this years main sporelation base, that stays untouched...

The second one is LARGE area, completely covered in wood chips and different smaller plants, that habits about every imaginable mushroom that grows on wood chips. It's amazing... However, since it's a large area, covered with multiple spots where Cyans grow, there ain't any pictures, showing HOW much of them is growing there. But it was / is A LOT!!!:rockon:

Well, because of the above mentioned photographic circumstances I couldn't take any "panorama" pics of "Shroom Seas", but instead thought it would be nice, to take some "quality" pics instead.

Have fun!:stoned:

Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

#11339761 - 10/28/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, what kind of environment are you finding these in? ie. park, school, apartment complex, forest, etc. I'm just a little curious

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

#11339794 - 10/28/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Can't really tell... It's none of the mentioned ones.
Short outside city woods, that are handled by... well... landscape workers (therefore the wood chips).

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #11389112 - 11/05/09 04:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

JAW DROPPING....... AMAZING PATCH THERE..... I BET EVEN THE PICS DONT DO IT JUSTICE !!! :congrats:

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost in Spaceeeee
Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: dicky21]
    #11390585 - 11/05/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WOW :bow2:

Those spores need to be spread my way I would love to see that in the NE US all we have in plenty are Ovoids

:crazy2: THERE"S SOOO MANY CYANSSSS

--------------------

Edited by Time Ed (11/05/09 12:24 PM)

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia Flag
    #11391269 - 11/05/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, and don't be afraid of using spores to inoculate sterilized wood chips. You'd be surprised how good it works;)

if i read this correctly...i can make a spore syringe much like i do for a cubensis inoculation and do the same thing using woodchips as the inoculated material. what kind of conditions and treatment is needed after innoculating? i am not too young and found my first cyans this week and am ready to start colonizing every wood chip path/garden/bed i see with homemade chips. i got the sporeprints ready to go.

Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: Libertycapper]
    #11395754 - 11/06/09 03:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Libertycapper said:
Oh, and don't be afraid of using spores to inoculate sterilized wood chips. You'd be surprised how good it works;)

if i read this correctly...i can make a spore syringe much like i do for a cubensis inoculation and do the same thing using woodchips as the inoculated material. what kind of conditions and treatment is needed after innoculating? i am not too young and found my first cyans this week and am ready to start colonizing every wood chip path/garden/bed i see with homemade chips. i got the sporeprints ready to go.

yeah this confused me also. i thought to have any real chance at success you must germinate the spores onto something else, like agar, then transfer healthy mycelium to rye or PF cake, THEN to woodchips. Soon I'm going to try this. i don't want to disrupt my only known patch by taking any colonized chips. but if I can isolate a strain on agar, and make a bunch of rye grain spawn, there's gonna be a lot more cyans in the lower mainland in the years to come:smile:. Hopefully azures too. I hope I can pull this off. Best of luck to you, LibCap

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #11395763 - 11/06/09 03:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You are correct. Your success with spores straight to wood chips would be 0%.
You have to make spawn first. I like using agar to wood shavings (rodent bedding available in pet shops) in mycobags and then spawning those to outdoor beds of hardwood chips (alder or beech) by crumbling and mixing the colonized shavings with the chips. Using rye instead of pet bedding will also work.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11395993 - 11/06/09 06:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

After I knocked up several jars, filled with wood chips and brown rice (double sterelized), I noticed that this method works quiet well.

However, I tried knocking up normal PF jars with wood lover sprores and was quiet surprized, that every single jar I tried that with, developed beautiful and healthy mycelium. I never used Agar for it, though it seems reasonable to do so. Since I had enough spores to knock up the whole world with them, I thought it would be worth a try. And voilà, it worked perfectly.

It's not a big deal to let wood lover mycelium grow, and therefore it's a not a big deal creating new patches.

This again leads me to say, that we all should take part in spreading the "holy fruit":mushroom2::stoned:

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #11396008 - 11/06/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Definitely. But squirting spores directly onto just wood chips will in all likelihood result in failure.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: 2009 - Ps. cyanescens - Picture conglomerate [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11396039 - 11/06/09 06:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Definitely. But squirting spores directly onto just wood chips will in all likelihood result in failure.

Well, not in all, I'd say. In the end, that's pretty much the way nature does it. We can't compare with nature in terms of spore amounts, but the chance to create new patches increases dramatically, even when using this method.
I guess it's better to to spray wood chip beds with spore solution than doing nothing:smirk:

But for everyone who really wants to create new patches, this method really isn't the way to go.
Especially since it's pretty easy to let some mycelium grow in jars and then spawn the myc to wood chip beds.

Anyway, I gues I burry the hundreds of newspaper pages, that are completely covered in spores in some wood chip beds, trying to use them as reasonable as possible^^

Damn! That fuckin' spell check doesn't work:crazy:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract