Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Things you find on hunts..
    #11317428 - 10/25/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I guess this is some what inspired by NorthGaHunts thread where he found a rat snake while hunting..Over the past years I have come across some weird,wild,crazy and flat out strange things that one would never figure were hidden out in the woods. Some you would expect like the basic wild life. Snakes,Frogs,Spiders,Birds,Bugs ect ect.. So what do some of you guys/gals find as your meandering threw your location?

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: YESSUP]
    #11317442 - 10/25/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wonderful pictures! :smile:

I'd love to come across animals like this, but my native fauna isn't that spectacular. At least not in the cities, where I normally hunt...

Thanks for sharing!:stoned:

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Fahkface]
    #11317595 - 10/25/09 10:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Great pics :thumbup:

Nice looking animals you have been grossed in your hunts!

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Mikael]
    #11317637 - 10/25/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i can honestly say i am glad i dont run into snakes while hunting!!!hahaha great pics.
one of the wierdest thing i ever found while hunting in the forsest was a hidden green bag full of boxes of 9 mm bulllets! needless to say we didnt stick around long.

--------------------

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11317757 - 10/25/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice Cotton mouth,and copperhead photos!!! I though I was the only one crazy enough to pick those up.I would have kept that gar skull:grin:

Offlinequadracer
Porcini Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Here, Now
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: KBG1977]
    #11318016 - 10/25/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool photos.  Recently I found a half deer rack, as well as a deer skull with a full antler set still attached.  They were both near each other, I suspect I was walking through a mountain lion feeding ground.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11318122 - 10/25/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome pictures!

How did you pick the snakes up?

Did you paint your name on them?

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: quadracer]
    #11318133 - 10/25/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Probably just as dangerous as water moccasins.  I definitely don't pick these up and handle them because I don't want to risk contracting hep-c or the hiv.  At least those snakes have an anti-venom available at the hospital.

Cool pictures btw.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: BaldCuban]
    #11318143 - 10/25/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I find those some times.  I bury them.  They do not bite.

OfflineWrenzo
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #11318201 - 10/25/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ive probably posted these before in my other threads, but this is a good idea to compile all random non fungi things/animals people come across while hunting`-

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11318295 - 10/25/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:So what do some of you guys/gals find as your meandering threw your location?

My favorite thing to find is pawprints. 

But I started out finding a lot of bones.  There's one I don't know what it was.  Do you mind if i post it here for an id?  It's not pretty.

Invisiblenorthgahunt
Genesis 1:30, 9:3

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Wrenzo]
    #11318328 - 10/25/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
I guess this is some what inspired by NorthGaHunts thread where he found a rat snake while hunting..Over the past years I have come across some weird,wild,crazy and flat out strange things that one would never figure were hidden out in the woods. Some you would expect like the basic wild life. Snakes,Frogs,Spiders,Birds,Bugs ect ect.. So what do some of you guys/gals find as your meandering threw your location?

Awesome pictures, quite the collection of reptiles and other interesting things. Where are you from?

Are you catching the snakes by there tails then grabbing down to the neck? We have some of the cotton mouths and other venomous types in GA but I have never come across any.

Quote:

Wrenzo said:
Ive probably posted these before in my other threads, but this is a good idea to compile all random non fungi things/animals people come across while hunting`-

What type of plant is that? Was this in GA?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: whoever]
    #11318329 - 10/25/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:
Quote:

YESSUP said:So what do some of you guys/gals find as your meandering threw your location?

My favorite thing to find is pawprints. 

But I started out finding a lot of bones.  There's one I don't know what it was.  Do you mind if i post it here for an id?  It's not pretty.

Go for it!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11318368 - 10/25/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

=======
sorry

InvisibleKBG1977
    #11318401 - 10/25/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wild boar skull,Awesome!!!

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11318417 - 10/25/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Are you sure?  I thought that was an urban legend.  They're not even listed on the GA wildlife page.  Should I bring a bow & arrow with me mushroom hunting or something?  ARe those - tusks??

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11318429 - 10/25/09 01:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Awesome pictures!

How did you pick the snakes up?

Did you paint your name on them?

Ahhh thats an idea!
When I was a kid I captured a large blue belly lizard and in my young mind I figured I would mark him with some pink finger nail polish.. I had completely forgotten about this tell one day my dad came in the house and was talking with my mom about this wild PINK lizard he had seen in the back yard.. Mom was sure he was hitting the bong in the yard prior to seeing a Pink Lizard! 
:rofl2:
I have a snake stick that I use when I venture off in the woods.. There is usually only one way to get a hold of a snake. I treat them all as if they are poisonous!  You pin them down by the head softly to not harm them and then you grasp just behind the head and work your way to the base of the head..
Once you have a good hold of the snake you need to place a finger on top of its head and kinda wrap your thumb under locking the snake in place.. I have handled hundreds of snakes and its about the only way that you want to do this..
I know I said head 4 times .. But if your dealing with a snake that can turn your day from good to bad you need to avoid the head at all cost..
I do not recommend this to anyone! 

I live just outside Houston Texas and yes we have a lot of critters round here..

There used to be a Shroomery Member that had a number of snakes and tons of experience.. I think we did a lil trading back in the days...

But here in Texas we have so many snakes it would take a day to list them out.. I have found. Cotton Mouth, Copper Head, Coral Snakes,Hog Nose,Grass Snakes,King Snakes, Coach Whips, Diamond Back Water Snakes, Rat Snakes, Milk Snakes, Chicken Snakes.. Ect Ect Ect..  The most aggressive snake I have yet to come across was a 5 foot Rat Snake with a bunch of attitude.. I wanted to bring him home but he was just a huge hand full!

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#11318435 - 10/25/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:

=======
sorry

Oh ya! ... Id take that sucker home and bleach it... Let it dry and then wire it back together!

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#11318442 - 10/25/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:
Are you sure?  I thought that was an urban legend.  They're not even listed on the GA wildlife page.  Should I bring a bow & arrow with me mushroom hunting or something?  ARe those - tusks??

Have you seen the Discovery show "Pig Bomb" ? They are everywhere now days!

--------------------

Edited by YESSUP (10/25/09 01:17 PM)

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11318444 - 10/25/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice, I didnt know you liked to fuck with snakes.
the only ones i see up here on hunts are rat snakes and grass snakes.
I saw a cotton mouth up close once when I was little, Scary experience! but I dont have a phobia of them.

I also run into a lot of blue cranes, javalina, and turkey.

--------------------

Edited by 2859558484 (10/25/09 01:19 PM)

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11318561 - 10/25/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:

I will look for it.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11318589 - 10/25/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

thats crazy, I would never consider seeing that on a hunt.Although the fields i tend to hunt along creeks/rivers get trash occasionally washed up

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: 2859558484]
    #11318738 - 10/25/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

thats crazy, I would never consider seeing that on a hunt.Although the fields i tend to hunt along creeks/rivers get trash occasionally washed up

Ya know.. I have been round the block a few times and I don't condone anyone for there drug of choice.. But to stab a harpoon in your arm is beyond me.. And the real shitty part is to drop your tool and walk away from it..Kids are curious and it only takes one stab from a dirty needle to destroy a young life..

And as stated above.. I have never run into anything like that out in the woods here... I have however found them out by the dumpster behind my work place!

--------------------

Offlinehjalmar
chemist, autist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Belgica Secunda
    #11318796 - 10/25/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Today I've had a sinister encounter while hunting on the pastures.

Between 2 pastures quite a distance from any road, on the barbed wire there was hanging a dead crow.

Apparantly it must have attached itself to the pins with some grassy matter stuck at its feet, then by struggling only got itself caught even more. At least that's what it looked like but it could as well have been old decayed string as the corpse shows it must hve been there for a while.

I tried to make a picture of it but there was a heavy wind so I could not get it sharp.

It must have been a exhausting dead-struggle for the poor critter. I only hope no kid could be so cruel as to do this on purpose with a hurt crow or something.

Offlinevabluefooter
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastern Virginia
    #11318836 - 10/25/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've never found dirty needles in the woods but i have run across a glass bong sittin on a tree stump.  I don't know whose it was but i did borrow it for few minutes each time i went out, very convenient.  it stayed there for about a week and a half.

as far as critters go i usually see a lot of toads and rat snakes, the occasional water moccasin.  i've seen two cottonmouths, one bobcat and i almost always see white tail deer.  i've never had the balls to play with the venomous snakes but rat snakes are fun to catch.  why do you pick up the venomous snakes? do you study them or is it just for shits and grins?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: hjalmar]
    #11318845 - 10/25/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hjalmar said:
Today I've had a sinister encounter while hunting on the pastures.

Between 2 pastures quite a distance from any road, on the barbed wire there was hanging a dead crow.

Apparantly it must have attached itself to the pins with some grassy matter stuck at its feet, then by struggling only got itself caught even more. At least that's what it looked like but it could as well have been old decayed string as the corpse shows it must hve been there for a while.

I tried to make a picture of it but there was a heavy wind so I could not get it sharp.

It must have been a exhausting dead-struggle for the poor critter. I only hope no kid could be so cruel as to do this on purpose with a hurt crow or something.

Thats wild... I have seen birds impaled on razor wire...
Crows are cool birds.. If they are domesticated at a young age and hand fed they can become quite the prolific talkers..I recall an article I read a few years back that stated a African Grey has a 800 word vocabulary and Crows are around 100 or so words that they can work out.. I have a Quaker that has about 30 or so words down and a couple lil phrases..

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: vabluefooter]
    #11318870 - 10/25/09 02:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vabluefooter said:
i've never found dirty needles in the woods but i have run across a glass bong sittin on a tree stump.  I don't know whose it was but i did borrow it for few minutes each time i went out, very convenient.  it stayed there for about a week and a half.

as far as critters go i usually see a lot of toads and rat snakes, the occasional water moccasin.  i've seen two cottonmouths, one bobcat and i almost always see white tail deer.  i've never had the balls to play with the venomous snakes but rat snakes are fun to catch.  why do you pick up the venomous snakes? do you study them or is it just for shits and grins?

LOL ..I guess Im kind of a dip shit.. I have always owned snakes as a kid and now as an adult.. I don't study snakes but when you have had them as pets and handled them most of your life its just something you do.. :evil:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

#11319214 - 10/25/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Copperhead

This Sambar deer had somehow managed to snap its neck on an old fence post.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Shroomeup]
    #11319270 - 10/25/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

damn thats good to eat then huh?
:wook:

--------------------

Offlineimachameleon
Fun guy
Male

Loc: Western Oregon
    #11319273 - 10/25/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I caught a Pacific Gopher snake the other day, and I've also found a pretty awesome bouncy ball. Snakes were always my favorite things to hunt for when I was a kid. Out here though there aren't very many. It's too cold. I brought this Pacific Gopher snake home for a while and check out this picture of him crawling on the wall. I couldn't believe it. I know it doesn't look like it, but that surface he is on is 90 degrees to the ground. I have a picture that shows this better but I can't find it right now. Here's the close up.

--------------------
"It is not your sin, it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto
heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!
  Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the
frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
  Behold, I teach you the Superman. He is this lightning. He is this frenzy."
~ Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: imachameleon]
    #11319372 - 10/25/09 03:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i dont think thats a copperhead.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #11319384 - 10/25/09 03:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You just gained some serious respect points from me, Crocodile Dundee. Awesomesauce.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: vjp]
    #11319399 - 10/25/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

heres a moose head i set on fire.

Ended up keeping the skull...

fox

snake

Edited by vjp (10/25/09 04:05 PM)

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: vjp]
    #11319491 - 10/25/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
damn thats good to eat then huh

Nah probably wouldnt be to good having not been bled.

Quote:

vjp said:
i dont think thats a copperhead.

Thats an Australian copperhead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrelaps

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11319493 - 10/25/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oh ok. They are not even related.

Good call.

OfflineWrenzo
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: northgahunt]
    #11319558 - 10/25/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wrenzo said:

What type of plant is that? Was this in GA?

It's the "Fiddlehead" of a local fern species. I don't know what particular species it is though, and yes it was in Georgia. Some fern species are considered a edible plant type but only when they are in this young form. There are some that grow in this area but that photo was taken in the spring and I didn't get a chance to properly ID it. Not even sure if it is an edible type.

--------------------

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #11320108 - 10/25/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I found this grave on the middle of nowhere... "Z" are the name of a criminal gang that operates in mexico... looks like they buried a buddy of them

I have seen many snakes but not sure what species... i was only able to identify coral snake and a friendly baby boa constrictor

Edited by AIRDOG (10/25/09 06:06 PM)

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11320174 - 10/25/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:
Quote:

YESSUP said:

I will look for it.

Yes there are boar in GA, just look up hunting boars in GA on google, there a ton of sites about it.

Edited by MycOhunter (10/25/09 06:21 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: AIRDOG]
    #11320258 - 10/25/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AIRDOG said:
I found this grave on the middle of nowhere... "Z" are the name of a criminal gang that operates in mexico... looks like they buried a buddy of them

I have seen many snakes but not sure what species... i was only able to identify coral snake and a friendly baby boa constrictor[/q
Quote:

AIRDOG said:

I have seen many snakes but not sure what species... i was only able to identify coral snake and a friendly baby boa constrictor

Wow thats kinda cool and creepy at the same time!

--------------------

OfflineFrenchieWelli
Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gold Coast
    #11321210 - 10/25/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Man, when I see all these snakes, I'm glad to live where I am.

Here we have birds, a lot of them, and they're amazing.

This one is called Toutouwai, or North Island Robin, they follow you like you a dog when you walk in the bush. It's not that they're friendly, they just wanna eat the insects that your footsteps disturbs.

This one is a Piwakawaka, or Fantail.

This is a Tui, a local icon.

This one's called a Tieke, or Saddleback, pretty rare nowadays.

This is a Kereru, a New Zealand wood pigeon. Not many left, they were too good to eat and too easy to prey on to resist the first maoris' appetite.

This is a Weka, there are a lot of these guys around, they are carnivorous flightless birds, super nosy and absolutely not scared of man.

Here is a Kakariki, which means green, it's a parakeet, very shy and endangered.

This is a Kaka, a friendly parakeet.

The most endangered bird of all, only 255 left in the wild as far as we know, it's called a Takahe. It's a big flightless bird that feeds on grass. Seeing one in the wild like that is somehow magic.

And to finish, a Tuatara, a reptile endemic to NZ, extremely rare, it's been around for 200 millions years, and despite it looking like a most lizards, they are actually part of a different lineage.

--------------------

Edited by FrenchieWelli (10/25/09 09:13 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: FrenchieWelli]
    #11321268 - 10/25/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh man.... NZ has been on my Bucket List! .. Back round the turn of the century my Grandmother moved from England to NZ..Lived there a few years and then moved to Montana! When I was young she would tell me story's of the Birds there.. It sounded amazing and every time I get a chance to watch any kind of nature program about your aria Ill about drop what im doing to watch and learn more..Great Pics!

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
    #11321294 - 10/25/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool frogs. Whoever handled those venomous snakes has some balls.

Found this guy around this time last year.

Someone recently found a fully loaded .45 off to the side of a trail I usually hike. Quite a few guns have been found in Seattle parks this year.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #11321350 - 10/25/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Cool frogs. Whoever handled those venomous snakes has some balls.

Found this guy around this time last year.

Someone recently found a fully loaded .45 off to the side of a trail I usually hike. Quite a few guns have been found in Seattle parks this year.

I remember when I lived in Maple Vally we had a number of grass snakes... Well I should say the lawnmower would find them:wink: And that would be me handling them snakes only the Cotton Mouth and Copper Head are to worry about .. The last Snake is a Hog Nose and are totally cool with human interaction!  Seattle parks.. Like Gas Works and Green Lake? Just curious Im from Seattle....  :peace:

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11321377 - 10/25/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

very nice handling of the snakes there YESSUP
i have ran into a few cotton moths here in FL
mostly by the ST Johns river

i have also run into a few coral snakes along with
eastern hog nose,garter and common water snakes

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineFrenchieWelli
Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gold Coast
    #11321427 - 10/25/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
Oh man.... NZ has been on my Bucket List! ..

You have to take the trip mate, if you like nature, you won't be disappointed trust me.

Thanks for the comment on the pics.

--------------------

OfflineDaveOdd
Stranger
    #11322003 - 10/25/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wrenzo said:

That red cheeked Jordan's Salamander only exists in the Smokey Mountains. Cool critters.

Guys you should go on www.fieldherpforum.com and post your critter pics there.

InvisibleMelmo42
And......
Female

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: DaveOdd]
    #11322044 - 10/25/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11322648 - 10/26/09 03:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
Seattle parks.. Like Gas Works and Green Lake? Just curious Im from Seattle....  :peace:

An AK was found at Golden Gardens this spring/summer. The handguns were found at smaller parks.

There's great Amanita muscaria patches at Green Lake though.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

InvisibleKBG1977
    #11322682 - 10/26/09 04:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That is a garter snake that you found BlimeyGrimey not a grass snake.Two totally different species of snake:wink:

InvisibleKBG1977
    #11322688 - 10/26/09 05:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Found this big boy a few weeks back when I was hunting.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

#11323056 - 10/26/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i pick by myself, in the flod plains of a major river during salmon season.this is what i gotta worry about.

and atleast 50% of all nnice cow fields here have been converted to blue berry fields which ups the ante a bit too.

--------------------

OfflineUnderTheOak
Grüße Von Der Orion
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
    #11323059 - 10/26/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, I've found a practice grenade once while on a hunt :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #11325703 - 10/26/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm surprised no one has said golf balls. I always seem to find golf balls deep in the woods.....

--------------------

OfflineDaveOdd
Stranger
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11326229 - 10/26/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

noobieshroomie said:

-noobie-

The coral snakes are probably harmless Scarlet Kingsnakes or Scarlet Snakes. Yellow next to red are the corals, black next to yellow is Kings and Scarlets. If the bright colors are touching that's the bad one.

Just an fyi, not accusing anyone, but 90% of people that get venomous snakebites were bit while harassing or trying to kill a snake. So if you leave them alone, and watch where you are putting your feet an hands, the danger is very minimal.

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#11326293 - 10/26/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
I'm surprised no one has said golf balls. I always seem to find golf balls deep in the woods.....

I have found them in cow pasture, near where libs are fruiting.
Very strange..

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #11326295 - 10/26/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:

^

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#11326749 - 10/26/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DaveOdd said:
Quote:

noobieshroomie said:

-noobie-

The coral snakes are probably harmless Scarlet Kingsnakes or Scarlet Snakes. Yellow next to red are the corals, black next to yellow is Kings and Scarlets. If the bright colors are touching that's the bad one.

Just an fyi, not accusing anyone, but 90% of people that get venomous snakebites were bit while harassing or trying to kill a snake. So if you leave them alone, and watch where you are putting your feet an hands, the danger is very minimal.

Dont forget the Milk Snake...
Red on Yellow kill a fellow.. Red on Black friend of Jack...
To tell you the truth we see more coral snakes down round these parts than King Snakes and Milk Snakes. People have collected the friendly snakes to the point that they are hard to find..on the other hand people that kill snakes are un educated and deserve to be bitten if they are trying to bash its head in... I just don't understand the mentality.. My neighbor is notorious for this... I found a nice speckled King Snake a few years ago. and let him go in the back yard.. Two days later my stinking neighbor took his head off with a shovel... I was soooo pissed off!

--------------------

Edited by YESSUP (10/26/09 07:10 PM)

Invisiblemeinert
Male
Re: Things you find on hunts.. *DELETED* [Re: hjalmar]
    #11326878 - 10/26/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by meinert

Reason for deletion: `

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: meinert]
    #11327051 - 10/26/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

on a field hunt in texas of course we came across the worst fucking fire ants ever!!- If you weren't paying attention- (which happened to me once while watching my friends expressions as they said GOTSUM) - i picked some that came right out of a fire ant hill- it was weird how theyre little selves covered my complete hand and all bit at once - Damn i learned my lesson that day!!

We also came across a water moccasin on the field forest interface- my good tex native buddy was a step away from being right on it- That was a real eye opener for sure -

Not to mention the giant fucking spiders that had webs in th woods from head level to the forest floor- they must eat birds and big shit too - the webs wouldn't break even as we walked thru - Now these spiders were prob the most annoying thing as your looking down and walk right into their webs- luckly no bites except the fire ants:smile:

Just thinking back - i like really the security of WI hunting - we get bad mosquitos here- but thats about it

--------------------
http://

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: sporeRider]
    #11327207 - 10/26/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea for some reason i always come upon one or two patties in the field that have been covered by an ant hill that mushrooms are growing out of. usually get bit

--------------------

OfflineDaveOdd
Stranger
    #11327313 - 10/26/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DaveOdd said:
Quote:

noobieshroomie said:

-noobie-

Quote:

YESSUP said:
Quote:

DaveOdd said:
Quote:

noobieshroomie said:

-noobie-

Dont forget the Milk Snake...
Red on Yellow kill a fellow.. Red on Black friend of Jack...
To tell you the truth we see more coral snakes down round these parts than King Snakes and Milk Snakes. People have collected the friendly snakes to the point that they are hard to find..on the other hand people that kill snakes are un educated and deserve to be bitten if they are trying to bash its head in... I just don't understand the mentality.. My neighbor is notorious for this... I found a nice speckled King Snake a few years ago. and let him go in the back yard.. Two days later my stinking neighbor took his head off with a shovel... I was soooo pissed off!

Milksnakes are replaced by Scarlet Kings in Florida, technically they are still milksnakes as well, same family. Coral snakes are very cryptic and nocturnal so they are very rarely seen except on roads after rains or under cover. Even still, coral snakes have such small heads and rear fangs that unless you intentionally stick your finger in ones mouth, it's very difficult to get envenomated by one.

When your neighbor is overrun with rats and mice maybe he will change his mind. Also, relocating snakes is a bad idea because most have a homing instinct and will wander until they get run over, or their head chopped off by an ignorant neighbor.

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

#11327376 - 10/26/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't have pictures but I have found latex gloves(creepy creepy) and a hobo tent.

And some snake skin but whenever I see these kinds of things I find alternate routes.

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: smaerd]
    #11335598 - 10/27/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Theylikethatshit]
    #11335715 - 10/27/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was out driving in the country and saw this good ol' boy walking down a dirt road with only one shoe.  I asked him if he wanted a ride.

"Nope."

"What happened?  Did you lose a shoe?"

"Nope.        (long pause)          Found one."

--------------------

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #11335855 - 10/27/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I saw these bobcats over the summer near some hunting grounds.

stalking:

mother and baby:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Invisiblemellontatauda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: scout24]
    #11335917 - 10/28/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

damn what was your reaction to that?  would they attack a human?

--------------------
:jah:

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11335934 - 10/28/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those are awesome shots, scout.  Wildlife photography can be very difficult.  Did you use a telephoto lens?

--------------------

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11336091 - 10/28/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I see them every so often, but I managed to get pretty close to these.  I was stoked to catch the mother and baby enjoying the last rays of the day.  They don't attack humans under normal circumstances. 

I have a crappy telephoto lens, but it's still a big help for the wildlife shots.

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineDtoX
Psilly

Loc: PNW, Washington
    #11336146 - 10/28/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Im terrified of snakes, but all we have in the PNW is grass snakes thank god. I did see a cougar running from the river to the tree line about 20 yards infront of me a week back, they sure get low when they run. needless to say i carry my dads .45 on my when i go on those long hunts now.  :box:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
    #11336207 - 10/28/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:

I found a golf ball hunting today actually...

I also have found needles, but usually just dope foil:

All pics were all taken in and around the Seattle area.

The coolest animal I have found was this large barrel-chested bird, a few weeks ago. Much larger than an owl, which was the largest bird I had seen in this suburban woodland park before. Make sure to give it a click to really appreciate this large, beautiful bird:

Any Ideas on what it could be? I thumbed through The Audubon Field Guide to North American Birds and found nothing similar, but this bird was on the ground where as many of the pics of large birds in that book are flying. It appeared to be sleeping, and as I got closer to snap a photo, young birds in a tree above began chirping but this bird never stirred.

About twenty minutes after seeing the above bird, my girly and I saw this owl (barn?), hunting in broad daylight:

Here is a cute little garlic snail, chillin' with some turkey tail and a slug:

The South Woods Tombstone (Reads "R.I.P. South Woods BMX Trails 1996 - May 2003 Support Alternative Youth Sports"). There were trails there WELL before 1996 though. Some city buttholes came and tore it down. It was a full-on underground BMX park before it was bull-dozed.

Door to Nothingness:

The Tractor:

This dude almost kicked my ass for stumbling upon his patch:

I found a skink last year but the pic is stuck on my busted computer for a while....

Invisiblemellontatauda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11336214 - 10/28/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
The South Woods Tombstone (Reads "R.I.P. South Woods BMX Trails 1996 - May 2003 Support Alternative Youth Sports"). There were trails there WELL before 1996 though. Some city buttholes came and tore it down. It was a full-on underground BMX park before it was bull-dozed.

aww how sad :frown:  trails are amazing to ride

--------------------
:jah:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: mellontatauda]
    #11336268 - 10/28/09 02:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

These really weren't trails anymore, although they started that way. By the time of destruction it was full jumps, like a bmx dirt park.

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

#11336360 - 10/28/09 03:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
The coolest animal I have found was this large barrel-chested bird, a few weeks ago. Much larger than an owl, which was the largest bird I had seen in this suburban woodland park before. Make sure to give it a click to really appreciate this large, beautiful bird:

Any Ideas on what it could be? I thumbed through The Audubon Field Guide to North American Birds and found nothing similar, but this bird was on the ground where as many of the pics of large birds in that book are flying. It appeared to be sleeping, and as I got closer to snap a photo, young birds in a tree above began chirping but this bird never stirred.

Juvenile Cooper's hawk?. Maybe fallen out of the nest.

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11336386 - 10/28/09 03:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This thread should be called "Why did I take a picture of that while hunting" :highfive:

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11336409 - 10/28/09 03:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It was easily more than 2 feet long and 2 feet in diameter. It was more than old enough to fly back up the nest, I would imagine. This thing was twice the size of (or more!) than the owl.

I don't think it is the Cooper's Hawk, Accipiter cooperii. It may have been puffed up for warmth, but it seemed very barrel-chested like a grouse or turkey.

The weird part was the predatory head, but I know little about birds.

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
    #11336432 - 10/28/09 03:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It looks like some kind of falcon or hawk, you can see the talons if you enlarge the picture.

I know very little about birds too.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: shroom360]
    #11336444 - 10/28/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure someone will clear it up for us, it has been driving me crazy.

I have never seen a bird like that in the suburbs, or in the wild for that matter. I have spent many many many hours and days and nights in that park over the last twenty years and have never seen anything like it.

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
    #11336480 - 10/28/09 04:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I found this picture on the net...It's a juvenile Cooper's hawk and it's the closet one I saw.

Here are some critters that I've seen on my hunting adventures this year.

deer bones

I stumbled across this small herd of elk last month.  There was about a dozen cows and one nice 5x5 bull.  Being out in the woods during the elk rut is awesome.

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #11337087 - 10/28/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cool bobcat's!!  They are usually very fast, spooky and hard to get a picture of.

Florida Scarlet snake

Black Racer

Pygmy Rattlesnake

Cow skull

~

--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: shroom360]
    #11338365 - 10/28/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your pic looks close, but this thing was larger and wider. Maybe a fat momma Cooper's Hawk...

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11338776 - 10/28/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is an awesome thread.  I was going to do a "creatures of the hunt" thread showing all the animals I find while hunting.  I'll have to upload a few.

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
Male

#11339030 - 10/28/09 02:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Mushrooms said:

I was out driving in the country and saw this good ol' boy walking down a dirt road with only one shoe.  I asked him if he wanted a ride.

"Nope."

"What happened?  Did you lose a shoe?"

"Nope.        (long pause)          Found one."

:awesome:

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Salomon]
    #11340195 - 10/28/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet pics guys n gals!
I love it! :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11340266 - 10/28/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Great thread :yesnod: I've enjoyed reading looking at it :eek:
Awesome pics, everyone!
Here's a couple of mine:

I somehow find alot of graveyards.
This is an old plantation, the headstones are circled:

Airplane fuselage

This, just after missing the shot of the biggest cottonmouth I've ever seen, perched on the side of a tree and watching me:

First I found this cool rock:

Then I found this spicebush swallowtail caterpillar. Very cool, I thought it was a cartoon when I first saw it! :stoned:

Yessup: where's the ass rock?

Mr. mushrooms: Yeah, I find golfballs all the time in the woods. Makes me wonder how they get there, but then, I wonder how alot of shit gets so deep in the woods :stoned:
...Finally, as you said before, you don't have to worry about snakes, gators, chiggers (they love that spanish moss) and ticks, you don't have to deal with this kind of shit :mad2:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineLewDoja
mad $cientist, ganjacologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: A fictional tale, in fictional...
    #11340599 - 10/28/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:

I'm pretty sure they're every where in the south and Bore population is growing at an exponential rate and moving more north everyday.

--------------------
a wise man said:
"Bad drugs tell you, that you want more;
  Good drugs tell you, that you've had enough"

Trades pending:
if we have any pending trades or you never received anything that you were expecting send a PM with details.  I've had a lot going on, and may have overlooked something as well as USPS snafu's.

OfflineWrenzo
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: LewDoja]
    #11340606 - 10/28/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Apparently I found some Datura plants today during my hunt.

--------------------

InvisibleDannyGlick

#11340691 - 10/28/09 06:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Seen some pheasant peeking at me yesterday.

And this agitated little grey squirrel.

OfflineGlynis27
Strange Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NE Ohio
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: DannyGlick]
    #11340880 - 10/28/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stuck my head into an empty stump looking for mushrooms. Ended up being a cornsnake's home.

Toad

Snails were all over these Dryad's Saddles

--------------------
Cycling, Trailbuilding, Nature

Invisiblenorthgahunt
Genesis 1:30, 9:3

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #11341011 - 10/28/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:
Great thread :yesnod: I've enjoyed reading looking at it :eek:
Awesome pics, everyone!
Here's a couple of mine:

Then I found this spicebush swallowtail caterpillar. Very cool, I thought it was a cartoon when I first saw it! :stoned:

That is wild!

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: northgahunt]
    #11341349 - 10/28/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Found a baby orphaned squirrel today and took it to PAWS...

It was incredibly cute and hard not to keep as a pet.

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11341560 - 10/28/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:

aw i want one too

InvisibleSalomon
Male

#11341912 - 10/28/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:

:bunnyhug: i honostly would have kept it

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#11342177 - 10/28/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I found somebody's passport and checkbook last week...Looked up her name and found her. She was robbed the week before and they were like tossing stuff out the car window all over town

but she got her old passport back which was more sentimental value than anything. Quite the traveller too, and one stamp said "Machu Pichu" in Peru  and I asked her if she had any photos online, and sure enough she just sent me a link to hundreds on Picasaweb

and I told her basically the only reason why I found it because I was looking for mushrooms, in the bushes

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11342272 - 10/28/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:

Mr. mushrooms: Yeah, I find golfballs all the time in the woods. Makes me wonder how they get there, but then, I wonder how alot of shit gets so deep in the woods :stoned:
...Finally, as you said before, you don't have to worry about snakes, gators, chiggers (they love that spanish moss) and ticks, you don't have to deal with this kind of shit :mad2:

You got a good memory, Lou.  :grin:  I'll try to upload a few odd things from my hunts now.

--------------------

OfflineDreamRoom
Hunter
Male

Loc: 60 miles from New Orleans
    #11342761 - 10/28/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I found this guy recently on a hunt. His body was about 1.5" to 2" long and his wings must have been 4"-5" Tip to tip.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: DreamRoom]
    #11343085 - 10/29/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that caterpillar is f'n crazy man!!! i havenever seen anything like it!

--------------------

OfflineTheylikethatshit
AKA Sno0py
Male User Gallery

#11343091 - 10/29/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

awesome thread guys keep em commin :thumbup:

--------------------
REST IN PEACE pirateseatsouls

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11343114 - 10/29/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Luna moth.  That's a wicked bad photo though.  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11343156 - 10/29/09 01:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You asked for it.

Print believed to be a huge Wolf.  That's my boot-size 14.

Wiccan mischief

Not staged

I feel like cactu.  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11343339 - 10/29/09 02:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I feel like cactu.

This is the cactu for a day thread :teabag:  :rotfl:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleLord Mayonnaise
 User Gallery

Loc: Sub Country Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #11343576 - 10/29/09 05:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice thread.

When I'm out hunting I tend to forget that I can photograph things other than mushrooms.

This is all I have, it's not a lot but it's a start.

Kangaroo pelvis bone.

Invisiblelqdtrance
Hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Lord Mayonnaise]
    #11343645 - 10/29/09 06:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That would make a cool mask.

--------------------
Pandha Piranha.

InvisibleKJA

Loc: Central Texas
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: lqdtrance]
    #11344062 - 10/29/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lqdtrance said:
That would make a cool mask.

Nothing like a good ol kangaroo pelvis on your face. :thumbdown::grin:

InvisibleMystery420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: KJA]
    #11344067 - 10/29/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wear it out shroomin lol

--------------------
"I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want."
-Jimi Hendrix

So fuck ya'll all of ya'll If ya'll don't like me blow me

OfflineSexiLexi
Stranger

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Mystery420]
    #11344137 - 10/29/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i always wanted to go to aulstrailia. its an awesome place.

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Mystery420]
    #11344144 - 10/29/09 09:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This has been here before:

Panaeolus olivaceus was fruiting in the same place a few weeks later.

Somehow I came a gross to this:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11344581 - 10/29/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
Quote:

Twiztidsage said:

:bunnyhug: i honostly would have kept it

It was incredibly tough not to keep it. I walked up on a man and his son trying to remove the juvenile from ther road as to not run it over. They got it up onto a stick and placed it in the bushes.

I checked on it to make sure she was ok, and she kept trying to follow my shoes. I looked in the bearby trees for any squirrels, since I didn't want to remove her from her family. I looked around for twenty minutes before seeing if she would bite me.

She simply sniffed my hand and crawled onto it. She was shivering cold, and nuzzled up into my shirt. I could NOT leave it there to freeze to death. All she would do is curl up in my hand and sleep.

I cannot afford the shots and puppy formula and heating pad required to keep the babe. It is also illegal in most states to keep a pet squirrel. They often do not have rabies, but tetanus.

I cried, and didn't want to give her away, but I know the PAWS Wildlife Rescue would take great care of her.

I am a fucking sap.

Edited by Twiztidsage (10/29/09 11:08 AM)

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
    #11344751 - 10/29/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol, my aunt found 2 together, and kept them and raised them, i fed them with a baby bottle and i vividly remember back in the day, the lil bugger crawling up my shirt and pissing on my neck.  Anyways we let them go once they matured, and to this day they still come by and we feed them bird seed.  And 3 days ago i saw 2 squirrels fighting in the top of a pine tree...then they both fell about 60ft down to the ground, i walked over to them and they jumped up and ran off. theyr tough as shit.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11344829 - 10/29/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Squirrels have always been one of my favorite animals. :bliss:

I was smokin' a bowl in my favorite woods about ten years ago (on a side note my stoned ass just now accidently typed 'favorite foods' instead of 'favorite woods'. Notice the W and F keys aren't right next to each other...) when I saw a squirrel climbing and jumping from tree to tree to tree as usual.

On one jump, he missed and fell about 50 feet. He ended up catching a branch about 6 feet from the ground, which stretched down and let him off on the ground. He then ran off and up into a nearby tree.

It was one of the cooler things I have ever seen. :headbanger:

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Lord Mayonnaise]
    #11346892 - 10/29/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lord Mayonnaise said:
Nice thread.

When I'm out hunting I tend to forget that I can photograph things other than mushrooms.

Kangaroo pelvis bone.

I have been making what I call "Trip Masks"  for the past 5 years or so. This one is half done and still needs its top coat of Kandy Colors.. I have 3 Shroomery members that I have made them for and I even have my best one on display at the local head shop.. Ill get some pics up here in a bit..

--------------------

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: BaldCuban]
    #11347113 - 10/29/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

these are the generic syringe you receive when your diabetic...i know this for i am a diabetic and i have many of these needles

InvisibleLord Mayonnaise
 User Gallery

Loc: Sub Country Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #11347498 - 10/29/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:

I have been making what I call "Trip Masks"  for the past 5 years or so. This one is half done and still needs its top coat of Kandy Colors.. I have 3 Shroomery members that I have made them for and I even have my best one on display at the local head shop.. Ill get some pics up here in a bit..

Looks wicked! Frank will be impressed.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11347617 - 10/29/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i should have got pictures while i was out but today i found:

some scat comprised almost exclusively of crawfish shell fragments, i presumed to be raccoon.

a plastic toy zebra.

a moldering stuffed bear.

the burned down remains of a hobo-hut [which i had known of previously], containing burned remains of beer bottles, food cans, a box spring mattress, some cookware, etc.

deer skeletal remains.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #11347690 - 10/29/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
Quote:

Lord Mayonnaise said:
Nice thread.

Kangaroo pelvis bone.

whoa that look so cool

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: cactu]
    #11348348 - 10/29/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Black rock skink.

Lace Monitor. He flew up the tree as soon as I tried to get close for a pic.

Not from a hunt but some King Parrots and Rosellas in my backyard the other day.

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11349411 - 10/29/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

...well...uh...somebody loves mushrooms more than i do...

==========
you asked

Offlinerewdy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11349620 - 10/30/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

"My mind. An ethereal realm of creative destuction"  -L§D

Invisiblecesarmd7

Re: Things you find on hunts.. *DELETED* [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11349869 - 10/30/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by cesarmd7

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: cesarmd7]
    #11353014 - 10/30/09 04:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

weird egg thing

I have no idea what this was...only thing I can guess is a medieval hillbilly torture toilet

logging cables

fighter jets

big boats

geode the size of Abe's head

Red tail hawk nest in interesting locale

salamander

hobo shelters

red tail hawks

old growth stump on the beach

snail

bugs

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: thetonebone72]
    #11353282 - 10/30/09 05:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thetonebone72 said:
fighter jets

F-15 Eagle. Nice.

--------------------

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (10/30/09 05:09 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#11353459 - 10/30/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I saw that old ship that was unearthed off the Oregon coast last year I think?  I have heard that there were forests of stumps under the sands and I must say this pic is impressive! Great shot!

--------------------

Offlinesprout70
Loving, Learning, and Growing
 User Gallery

Loc: NWGA
    #11356590 - 10/31/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for sharing Senor Hongos!!!  muy linda buscas!!!:shineon:

--------------------
Ain't talkin', just walkin'Through the world mysterious and vague
Heart burnin', still yearnin' Walkin' through the cities of the plague. Well, the whole world is filled with speculation
The whole wide world which people say is round They will tear your mind away from contemplation They will jump on your misfortune when you're down Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Eatin' hog eyed grease in a hog eyed town. Heart burnin', still yearnin' Some day you'll be glad to have me around. B.Dylan

Edited by sprout70 (10/31/09 09:56 AM)

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: sprout70]
    #11362015 - 11/01/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You're welcome sprout.  Si, muy linda buscas.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11362577 - 11/01/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok probly not worth posting but here anyway:

whose is that huh?

This guy was playing games with me on Halloween.  I am going to go double post him in the Bumping into other hunters thread.  He has good eyes.

also found a downed deer with the head and rear wheels still furry with ears & hooves, but the rest skeletal.  Pics in my mind's eye only, with respect.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11362612 - 11/01/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think the beer bong is totally worth posting. At least it has fungus in the pic too...

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11362684 - 11/01/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thanks sage, i forgot this, which gets filed here, because i don't care what it is, it's like some 5"

my purple puff majick halloween cauldron

accidentally spilled a lot of these spores around

oh well

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #11362705 - 11/01/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

some wicked pics in this thread.... keep it up :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinevabluefooter
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastern Virginia
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: dicky21]
    #11362861 - 11/01/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: vabluefooter]
    #11400721 - 11/06/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok say it's boring but me i haven't seen a hill in a looooooooonnnng time

did it snow somewhere?

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #11400887 - 11/06/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: ShockValue]
    #11401031 - 11/06/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

verry nice pics every one
im glad to see this thread still alive
i ran into a few critters on my last hunt as well
no fungus tho:shrug:

gopher turtle

gray squirrel

and a little black racer

as for the coral snakes im 100% positive thats what they are
next time i see one ill catch him and snag pic

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineDreamRoom
Hunter
Male

#11402060 - 11/07/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well I hope you don't plan on catching the coral snake with your hand.

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

#11420485 - 11/09/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Huge metal box in the middle of a river. No idea how it got there..

A Carving in stone I found at a nice park haha.

OfflineLowcountryHunter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: smaerd]
    #11420797 - 11/09/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This was in the middle of nowhere... wetland/forest edge in coastal Carolina. Eeire... I grabbed my knife tight when I went to inspect.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11420862 - 11/09/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DreamRoom said:
Well I hope you don't plan on catching the coral snake with your hand.

sure why not
im well trained on how to handle venomous snakes
been doing it for years

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: LowcountryHunter]
    #11420877 - 11/09/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This was in the middle of nowhere... wetland/forest edge in coastal Carolina. Eeire... I grabbed my knife tight when I went to inspect.

Looks a lot like a wild pig trap.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11421203 - 11/09/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i believe you are right.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDreamRoom
Hunter
Male

#11423951 - 11/10/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well thats pretty damn impressive. 

Make sure you grab a nice pic, those things amaze me.

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

Loc: northern england
    #11424698 - 11/10/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i found a red squirrel whilst hunting, it came within just feet of me and theyre a very rare animal in england. people travel miles around to find them and i was lucky enough to stumble upon one, or it stumbled upon me :smile:

oh yea and i saw my very first owl whilst picking aswell :smile:

i also keep finding what i assume are dieing rabbits because when i approach them they hardly move and their eyes look swollen shut, i find many rabbit carcusses probably the left over meals from the foxes

Edited by libs (11/10/09 08:23 AM)

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: LowcountryHunter]
    #11424906 - 11/10/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LowcountryHunter said:

Hog trap.  I found one as well.

~sg

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #11424928 - 11/10/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

those hog traps are abit creepy!

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: libs]
    #11424977 - 11/10/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Armadillo remains...

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #11434599 - 11/11/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by whoever (12/09/09 11:49 PM)

InvisibleDannyGlick

#11434658 - 11/11/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Skinny bull elk. He made me nervous a little bit so we moved somewhere else.

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: DannyGlick]
    #11436146 - 11/11/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

By far the worst thing ive found...

It was too horrible to take more pics of...the worst part was finding one of the neck vertebrae snapped...One was probably trying to drag the dead body of the other around for days. I cut them apart before I left.

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Dishez]
    #11436272 - 11/11/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah thats fucked dude. What was it some sort of netting or something?

I have heard of live capture off deer using nets from helicopters. Heres a vid.

OfflineLowcountryHunter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11436452 - 11/11/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That deer business is fucked up!

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

#11436461 - 11/11/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fucking assholes. It would be so wonderful to watch those fat old fucks running in terror from a helicoptor.

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Dishez]
    #11620994 - 12/09/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondering if this is a normal squirrel, seems like odd colors and big feet to me.

I miss this thread.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11621755 - 12/10/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

squibbles are wicked

--------------------

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

#11621806 - 12/10/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

man that deer shit is disgusting, cruel bastards!!

i just saw my first deer this season :smile: same pair i think, i see they like my spot as much as me haha

Edited by libs (12/10/09 07:07 AM)

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#11622034 - 12/10/09 08:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol... i just had a vision of them teaming up on you for your haul of libs... LOL

--------------------

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

#11622347 - 12/10/09 09:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: im happy to share with my deer friends :grin:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11887646 - 01/23/10 09:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Found this interesting lil' fella today whilst hunting for the rare and elusive fungi of the PNW January....

Only this, Tubaria, and maybe Silky Entolomas. And a few slime molds.

Offlineamberdragonswan
Alice in Wonderland
Female User Gallery

Loc: Soon stepping through the...
    #11889244 - 01/24/10 04:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Freaking neat!

--------------------
The future is unwritten
:evil:

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: amberdragonswan]
    #11894435 - 01/24/10 08:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

found these this fall and forgot about this thread.

shot duck:

a wreck from an air plane crash in the 60's or 70's.

not sure what or who did this.

beauty salamander,look by his tail there is 3 libs.:smile:

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11896059 - 01/25/10 01:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Palo Alto, California - An old car being eaten by poison oak near Page Mill Rd.

Offlinecubeeater
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11896152 - 01/25/10 02:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I found this carved stick. It isn't a walking stick, so what would it be used for? Has a Rasta guy, snake that runs the whole length, and Big tiger.

I also seen this guy miles out in a field, he followed me for about 2 miles. I have seen him 3 times since. It seems to want attention since it always flies down to me to about 5 feet from me. As soon as I stick my hand out to touch him he flies away.

OfflineChaos_ultt
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11896174 - 01/25/10 02:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Palo Alto, California - An old car being eaten by poison oak near Page Mill Rd.

Haha sweet!  I have that Bansky picture on my wall!

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Chaos_ultt]
    #11896218 - 01/25/10 02:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineChaos_ultt
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11896331 - 01/25/10 03:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh man I want one of those machines.

Offlinecubeeater
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Chaos_ultt]
    #11917290 - 01/28/10 11:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yesterday while hunting got tired so I sat down on a downed tree to smoke a bowl, as I was smoking I noticed a bag that looked to have something in it. So I walk over to find a bag of some dank nugs, it was only about a gram, but it was free and better than what I had. In this same field I have found 3 bags of cubes someone picked set down and forgot where they left them. Less work for me.

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: cubeeater]
    #11917332 - 01/28/10 12:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cubeeater said:
Yesterday while hunting got tired so I sat down on a downed tree to smoke a bowl, as I was smoking I noticed a bag that looked to have something in it. So I walk over to find a bag of some dank nugs, it was only about a gram, but it was free and better than what I had. In this same field I have found 3 bags of cubes someone picked set down and forgot where they left them. Less work for me.

Dam nice finds!

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: cubeeater]
    #11917770 - 01/28/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cubeeater said:

:headbanger:

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#12107432 - 02/27/10 11:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Found an old mossy boot today..... Think theres a trainer like it on page 5..... i think it looks fucking cool as!

--------------------

OfflineCubeBensies
Stranger
Male

#12107869 - 02/27/10 12:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In 2008 I was driving to a well known and overpicked cyan spot that you can see from the road but have to circle around to park.  As I drove by I saw 3 hippies in there, I wasn't surprised because I often run into people at this spot.  I parked and went to the spot, by the time I got there the hippies were gone but I saw a big hole, which about a week later became a humongous hole because of patch raping ignorant idiots.  It turns out these 3 dumb hippies went there to dig up the spot with a shovel, but these dumb shits forgot to take their shovel with them so I took it.  It ended up being a pretty sweet shovel that doubles as a saw when you take off the shovel part.  Check out how many pins and clipped stems are all around the shovel.

About a month later I was hunting edibles on the coast.  I drove down a main logging road and then started hiking up another road off the main road.  In a ditch on the side of the road was a shitload of meat. I assume there were poachers who got scared so they ditched their illegal meat in a ditch.  Much of it was already cut up into thin strips and there was a whole hind quarter as well.  It must have happened shortly before I got there because the meat was still warm to the touch.

Just goes to show you what kinds of assholes are out there raping mushroom patches and poaching animals.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12107931 - 02/27/10 12:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That sucks that they raped that spot!

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: CubeBensies]
    #12108142 - 02/27/10 01:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CubeBensies said:
In 2008 I was driving to a well known and overpicked cyan spot that you can see from the road but have to circle around to park.  As I drove by I saw 3 hippies in there, I wasn't surprised because I often run into people at this spot.  I parked and went to the spot, by the time I got there the hippies were gone but I saw a big hole, which about a week later became a humongous hole because of patch raping ignorant idiots.  It turns out these 3 dumb hippies went there to dig up the spot with a shovel, but these dumb shits forgot to take their shovel with them so I took it.  It ended up being a pretty sweet shovel that doubles as a saw when you take off the shovel part.  Check out how many pins and clipped stems are all around the shovel.

About a month later I was hunting edibles on the coast.  I drove down a main logging road and then started hiking up another road off the main road.  In a ditch on the side of the road was a shitload of meat. I assume there were poachers who got scared so they ditched their illegal meat in a ditch.  Much of it was already cut up into thin strips and there was a whole hind quarter as well.  It must have happened shortly before I got there because the meat was still warm to the touch.

Just goes to show you what kinds of assholes are out there raping mushroom patches and poaching animals.

:thumbdown:

Here is some graffiti I found today, left by an obviously very frightening and tough Seattle street gang; The GSE: Green Street Elite-

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#12108173 - 02/27/10 01:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

haha thats incredibly rubbish graff! Definately right though.... i rekon there frightning and very tough. Wouldnt want to mess with them :rofl2:

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
 User Gallery

#12108176 - 02/27/10 01:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Here is some graffiti I found today, left by an obviously very frightening and tough Seattle street gang; The GSE: Green Street Elite-

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:  what a sad gang of pussys n bad artists:laugh:

Dumbasses for sure:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #12108350 - 02/27/10 02:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

One time while out hunting, I knelt down to take some mushroom photographs; and sitting there neatly on a mossy hummock a couple of feet away way a steak knife...A cheap, plastic-handled serrated steak knife that someone might steal out of the drawer to go mushroom hunting.

There isn't a ton of competition here for mushrooms, but all the same I was quite dismayed to learn that there was another rooster in the henhouse.

Well I picked up the knife and went on my way hiked a few miles, saw a ton of mushies, and not one other living soul. Perfect.

Still on the trail, but getting close to the raod, I hear a car door slam shut exactly where I determine my vehicle is parked. I hear it drive a fraction of a mile down the raod, turn around, and drive by my vehicle slowly. I can hear it turn around and drive by again. "Wtf", I think to myself. Just then I hear the vehicle turning around AGAIN!

"Fuck this!" I pick up my pace and hit the road just as a middle aged "gentleman" drives by me slowly staring at me intently...and accelerates down the road.

At this point, I lost my fucking mind...

I run to my vehicle, throw all my gear on the seat, jump in, slam the keys into the ignition and the stick into drive, hook it around and I'm on this motherfucker's ASS!

I haul ass down this winding country road, catching up with him; not driving too close but he knows I'm there. I'm not sure why I'm following him or what I'm going to do, but here we are...

Soon we hit the main road and he accelerates, doing 55. I'm right on his ass now; and I think "I wanna see what this cocksucker looks like up close."! There's no oncoming traffic so I pull up along side him and stare...he stares back, stone-faced.

At this point I remember the knife I found earlier...and I snatch it up off the seat and start waving it at him like, "Hey I found your knife motherfucker...you think you're watching me, but I'm really stalking you, like a fucking shadow, you cock sucking douchebag!"

After this his expression changed a bit...I'm not sure to what, but his eyes were a bit wider.:smirk: Then I just accelerated past him and went on my merry fucking way.

Later I told this story to some friends and family and their general reaction was, "Man, what the fuck is wrong with you?":lol:

Bobzimmer...staunch defender of his mushrooms...or paranoid lunatic...I still can't decide.:wink:

At any rate, I'm still not sure who that guy was, or that was in fact his knife, but if he does pick mushrooms in the area, I'll bet he does it lookin' over his shoulder now!:lol:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

InvisiblesporeRider
 User Gallery

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #12108372 - 02/27/10 02:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice mr zimmer:rotfl: if i ever need to scare some peps away from my spots ill give you a shout:laugh::laugh:
Glad you protect your fav funguses man!!!

--------------------

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#12108377 - 02/27/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

HAHAHAHA fucking hell... that storry had me gripping the edges of my seat at the beginning and laughing in hysterics at the end.

"I wanna see what this cocksucker looks like up close." - LOOOOOL

"At this point I remember the knife I found earlier...and I snatch it up off the seat and start waving it at him like, "Hey I found your knife motherfucker...you think you're watching me, but I'm really stalking you, like a fucking shadow, you cock sucking douchebag!"

:lolz0rz::rofl2:

Man that probably wasnt his knife and he thought you were gonna kill him hahahahahahahah !!!

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#12108410 - 02/27/10 02:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Best story ever.

17 thumbs up. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#12108417 - 02/27/10 02:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
Best story ever.

17 thumbs up. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is it sad that i counted the thumbs to make sure :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #12108507 - 02/27/10 02:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, gentlemen, I aim to please!:grin:

I just noticed that not many mushroom hunting stories involve car chases...:lol:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

#12108568 - 02/27/10 02:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea thas true.... if there are any they probably involve the police :rofl2:

--------------------

InvisiblesporeRider
 User Gallery

#12108599 - 02/27/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

or crazy farmers :crazy2::laugh:
ive been chased out a texas field by a farmers nephew riding a four wheeler
luckily he was pretty cool and WAYYY younger than us -and turned out to just actually ask politely for a handful of our finds!!! but walikng down a path on private texas prop while a speeding 4wheeler is approching...........oh i gotta say i did piss the pants a lil:shocked:

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Things you find on hunts.. [Re: sporeRider]
    #12948152 - 07/24/10 11:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I figured I would revive one of the all-time great threads with pics of one of my all-time favorite finds, the Polyphemus moth, Antheraea polyphemus.

One of the largest moths in North America, this thing was close to 6"" wide!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures