Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYrat
Hello

Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy
    #11301359 - 10/22/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

and the white house responds by blaming the bush administration for its indecision.

Quote:

W.H.: Cheney failed on Afghanistan
By CAROL E. LEE

Cheney charged the Obama administration with 'dithering' over its strategy for Afghanistan.

A day after former Vice President Cheney charged the Obama administration ...

... with "dithering" over its strategy for the war in Afghanistan, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs returned fire with guns blazing.

"What Vice President Cheney calls dithering, President Obama calls his solemn responsibility to the men and women in uniform," Gibbs said Thursday. "I think we've all seen what happens when somebody doesn't take that responsibility seriously."

Calling Cheney's comment "curious," Gibbs attacked the Bush administration for allegedly taking years to provide the support necessary for the war effort in Afghanistan.

"I think it's pretty safe to say that the vice president was for seven years not focused on Afghanistan," Gibbs said. "Even more curious given the fact that an increase in troops sat on desks in this White House, including the vice president's, for more than eight months."

Cheney offered his dim assessment of the Obama administration's approach to Afghanistan at a Wednesday dinner hosted by the Center for Security Policy, where the former vice president was present with the group's "Keeper of the Flame" award.

"Having announced his Afghanistan strategy last March, President Obama now seems afraid to make a decision, and unable to provide his commander on the ground with the troops he needs to complete his mission," Cheney said. "The White House must stop dithering while America’s armed forces are in danger. Make no mistake: Signals of indecision out of Washington hurt our allies and embolden our adversaries. Waffling, while our troops on the ground face an emboldened enemy, endangers them and hurts our cause."

The former vice president also addressed comments made last Sunday by Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, blaming the Bush administration for taking an inadequately active approach to shaping war strategy.

Cheney retorted that Bush administration officials were digging into "every aspect of Afghanistan policy" last fall and briefed the Obama transition team on their findings and recommendations.

"The new strategy they embraced in March, with a focus on counterinsurgency and an increase in the numbers of troops, bears a striking resemblance to the strategy we passed to them," Cheney said.

Gibbs sidestepped a question about whether Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute, who was tasked with assessing war strategy by the Bush administration, had filed a report with the recommendations Cheney mentioned.

"I have not looked at that review," Gibbs said. "I don't know whether what he describes is accurate."

Cheney’s remarks had the West Wing "fired up" Thursday morning, according to one aide.

so what are your thoughts?

will obama escalate aghanistan or start to withdraw?  can we just stop with these pointless wars?  we know why cheney is pushing for more war... he'll make loads of money.

why are the once-anti-war democrats so quiet now?  where did the anti-war movement go?  are these people simple complacent now that it is a democratic war, instead of a republican one?

why are so few anti-war voices still speaking?

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineloggin shrooms
Stranger
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Yrat]
    #11303994 - 10/23/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think he looks more like a monkey  than a pussy
Pussies are soft and cuddly and purr when you stroke them

Did I mention I have a monkey 

That's  one crazzzy monkey man

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Yrat]
    #11304531 - 10/23/09 06:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

> so what are your thoughts?

Obama will do what his handlers tell him to do and nothing else.  Lie to the people, giving them false hope... yes we can.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #11305001 - 10/23/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
and the white house responds by blaming the bush administration for its indecision.

is Obama still running for office?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: lonestar2004]
    #11305154 - 10/23/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Yrat said:

is Obama still running for office?

Yes.  That's all he knows how to do.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11305189 - 10/23/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude just got there, let's give him a chance to dither before we call him on it. Bush had a chance to dither, it's only fair to give this guy a chance too.
But maybe he'll see that we need to get out of Afghanistan. Probably not.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Doc_T]
    #11309509 - 10/24/09 12:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Dude just got there, let's give him a chance to dither before we call him on it.

he's had 9 months already, that's long enough to birth a baby, like
everything else, "obama dont know nuthin 'bout birthin' no babies"

Quote:

Seuss said:
Obama will do what his handlers tell him to do and nothing else.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11312262 - 10/24/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For an excellent discourse on what lying weasels are currently in the White House see this:

Quote:

The Lute review asked many questions and provided exhaustive answers not only to President Bush, but also to the Obama transition team before the inauguration. "General Jones was briefed on the results of the Lute review, and that review answered many of the questions that Rahm Emanuel says were never asked," says Bush's national security adviser, Stephen Hadley. Jones and Hadley discussed the review, and Lute gave Jones a detailed PowerPoint presentation on his findings. Among the recommendations: a civilian surge of diplomats and other non-military personnel to the country, expedited training for the Afghan National Army, a strong emphasis on governance and credible elections, and, most important, a fully resourced counterinsurgency strategy.

Jones asked Hadley not to release the results of the Lute review so that his boss would have more flexibility when it came time to provide direction for the U.S. presence in Afghanistan. Bush officials reasoned that Obama was more likely to heed their advice if he could simply adopt their recommendations without having to acknowledge that they came from the Bush White House. So Hadley agreed.

"Mr. Emanuel either did not know about our review or chose to lie about it," says Eliot Cohen, who served as counselor to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and was one of the principal participants in the Lute review. Virtually nobody believes Emanuel is clueless. In any case, the author of the review, Doug Lute, remains a senior Afghanistan adviser in the Obama White House.

Perhaps more infuriating for Bush veterans was the suggestion by
Gibbs that the Bush administration ignored requests for more troops. It's nonsense, they say. McKiernan wanted more troops--he asked for three additional brigades in the summer of 2008--but he understood that he could have them only when they became available. "McKiernan was making requests down the line," says a Pentagon official, "and late in 2008 we did have the ability to commit more forces. So we did." Indeed, Bush sent nearly 7,000 additional troops to Afghanistan before he left office, including one brigade that had been repurposed from Iraq.

One Bush veteran asks, "If it's true that the Bush administration sat on these troop requests for eight months, is the White House suggesting that the Pentagon was incompetent or negligent or both? That would be a good question to put to the defense secretary--and President Obama is in a position to make him talk."

I couldn't reach Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, but I did talk to a senior defense official who serves with him. This person stressed that Gates has gone to great lengths to avoid being dragged into political fights between administrations. Nonetheless, he offered a strong rebuke to the present White House political team.

"There was no request on anyone's desk for eight months," said the defense official. "There was not a request that went to the White House because we didn't have forces to commit. So on the facts, they're wrong."

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#11315796 - 10/24/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mr. private citizen Cheney, please follow the normal example of past presidents and kindly shut your fuckin pie hole.

You had your time and you blew it.

Your ballroom days are over, baby.

Go gracefully into your dotage. :wink:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: zorbman]
    #11317094 - 10/25/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
Mr. private citizen Cheney, please follow the normal example of past presidents and kindly shut your fuckin pie hole.

Do you mean like Jimmy Carter?  He might have stayed quiet if the asshole Present wasn't lying all the time.  But he wasn't the private citizen I was referring to.
Quote:

You had your time and you blew it.

False.
Quote:

Your ballroom days are over, baby.

That's DeLay
Quote:

Go gracefully into your dotage. :wink:

He has a book coming.  I can't wait.

--------------------

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11317129 - 10/25/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this is going to be his vietnam. :facepalm:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11317160 - 10/25/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It could well turn out that way under the command of a feckless poll-governing pussy.  Vietnam was actually easily winnable but Johnson lacked fortitude either way.  He should have shit or got off the pot.  What he did was massively worse.  It also seems to be what Obama is most likely to do.  Waffle.

There's also the matter of casualties.  There isn't going to be anywhere near the loss of American soldiers as there was in Vietnam.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11317176 - 10/25/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought Johnson was responsible for the massive escalation of troop levels in Vietnam? I'm not very well-versed on Vietnam, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Redstorm]
    #11317196 - 10/25/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

He was but he also tied their hands behind their backs.  He sent in tons of troops and then wouldn't let them fight properly.  Half measures which got a lot of soldiers killed.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#11318340 - 10/25/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Do you mean like Jimmy Carter?

Reading comprehension alert:

The phrase was "normal example". :wink:

Cheney needs to shut his yapper. He had his turn and blew it, now it's someone else's turn.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: zorbman]
    #11318703 - 10/25/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

He didn't blow it and he can say whatever the fuck he wants, especially since the current administration can't restrain itself from constantly attacking the previous administration, including outright lying, to an extent I have never seen in my life.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#11318716 - 10/25/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice to see you guys are now following the example of Jimmy Carter. :lol:

What has happened to the GOP?

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: Redstorm]
    #11320664 - 10/25/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I thought Johnson was responsible for the massive escalation of troop levels in Vietnam? I'm not very well-versed on Vietnam, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

"massive" is a loaded word, but I think we all can agree that the root of that is true- more soldiers were sent to the 'Nam under Johnson than the other guys.
But I think as far as 'escalation', you need to look at Nixon.

But that's a whoooole other thread. :wink:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: lonestar2004]
    #11320800 - 10/25/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dick Cheney... i cant believe he is still making decisions that influence our countries policies by returning to his position as Director at the Council of Foreign Relations (which was founded by David Rockefeller)...

what a bastard... it is like he still is vice-president...

fuck Dick Cheney and his greedy intentions!

RON PAUL 2012!

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cheney urges escalation of Afghanistan war by calling Obama a pussy [Re: PookztA]
    #11321048 - 10/25/09 08:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
Dick Cheney... i cant believe he is still making decisions that influence our countries policies by returning to his position as Director at the Council of Foreign Relations (which was founded by David Rockefeller)...

what a bastard... it is like he still is vice-president...

fuck Dick Cheney and his greedy intentions!

RON PAUL 2012!

Are you high?

Cheney is not the director of the Council on Foreign Relations. He's not even on the board of directors.

Also, since you are clearly prone to making shit up, I'm going to need a source for your claim that Rockefeller founded the CFR. I'm mostly asking for it because it isn't true.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom