Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Loc: uk
possible libs? id request
    #11310194 - 10/24/09 05:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat:
Found growing in grass in one of last years cow fields.
Gills:
Greyish at tip of gills to brown. (drying more of a dark tan) closely spaced, only attached at very top of stem

Stem:
10cm long, 2-3mm diam,Was light tan before picking, gone to purpley brown and pale whitish brown under cap. stem is only just hollow very narrow hole at centre also Very brittle

Cap:
3cm round, purple to dark brown,. seems to be drying more of a dark tan, with light tan round edge of mushroom. was slimey when picked, conical shaped one more mature mushroom seems to be spreading out at the bottom.

Spore print color:
awaiting spores just checked and the few that dropped already seem dark purple but im not happy with them amount ive got yet to see exactly

Bruising:
stem was white to light tan before picked bruising to a purple/black but seems to be paling again as they dry.

Edited by liquidpoop (10/24/09 05:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJonasQuim
Psychopscilocybin
 User Gallery

Re: possible libs? id request [Re: liquidpoop]
    #11310320 - 10/24/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey sorry to bring the bad news i'm pretty sure they are not libs, Mycena? however im new to this i.d'ing bizz so dont take my word for it.

--------------------
"The weekend has landed...
All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did..."

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Re: possible libs? id request [Re: JonasQuim]
    #11310432 - 10/24/09 07:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dont worry mate, i wasnt expecting to much. a friend of mine whom knows nothing about mushrooms(aswell as i) actually picks from this field and consumes/sells what he finds and from what ive been told they work! he doesnt know what they are except magic mushrooms, i havent seen these shrooms myself either but i showed him a lib cap image off this site to see if they were the same as he picked and he had said they were similar but alot darker.

I went to look this morning and these were as close to dark libs as i could find so i thought id get them I.D'd (i dont like to take risks).

If you dont mind me asking where do you get your info from, i find it difficult to find and Id a mushroom without going through every single genus to find a match (which is tedious for a beginner) how do you narrow down your search margins. I try and search for some of the charateristics and i get a load of rubbish that doesnt apply.

Can anybody recommend a good book that covers alot of uk genuses of mushrooms!!

any help would be appreciated as i am getting a bit aggitated with this now and i have never been so fascinated by anything like i have with mushroom hunting.

Thanks again Lp

--------------------
I saw it was and it wasnt, i thought i had but i hadnt. i felt i could... but i couldnt... holy shiii man these are f*kin strong, i think ill just sit here till its over!

OfflineJonasQuim
Psychopscilocybin
 User Gallery

#11310560 - 10/24/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mainly from this website and erowid mate. The reason i spotted these weren't is because i've picked these in the past mistaking them for magic mushrooms.
A good thing to do is search Liberty Caps in the search bar and just take a flick through some pictures this site has some pretty good info on them dotted around :smile:

--------------------
"The weekend has landed...
All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did..."

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#11310563 - 10/24/09 07:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

liquidpoop said:
a friend of mine whom knows nothing about mushrooms(aswell as i) actually picks from this field and consumes/sells what he finds and from what ive been told they work! he doesnt know what they are except magic mushrooms, i havent seen these shrooms myself either but i showed him a lib cap image off this site to see if they were the same as he picked and he had said they were similar but alot darker.

You should tell you friend that its not cool sell or consume unknown mushrooms, I mean some very poisonous Conocybe sp. grows in the fields.
If someone get badly sick, etc. your friend is gonna be some serious troubles.

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Re: possible libs? id request [Re: Mikael]
    #11311832 - 10/24/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no need telling me mate, i take this sort of thing quite seriously. and you guys on here are saviours when it comes to getting an ID.

ive told him, he wont be picking libs if they dont look like the ones i showed him but as i said his response was 'ive never had any complaints' and considering ive still never found any (at all) he wouldnt listen to a word i say. i think somewhere down the line he must have been shown, otherwise half of our villages youth population would be dropping like flies. but apparently the ones he picks arent slimey and dont have a seperable membrane but they grow in the fields ive been looking in. he was meant to be coming out this mornin to show me what hes been collecting but he let me down and i just took the dogs out and had a look.... but yet again no luck.

does it matter if they are cow or horse fields... ive been mostly in cow fields and so far found nothin but pans and a load of other perculiar ones which i collected out of interest

thanks alot guys

Lp

--------------------
I saw it was and it wasnt, i thought i had but i hadnt. i felt i could... but i couldnt... holy shiii man these are f*kin strong, i think ill just sit here till its over!

InvisibleKBG1977
    #11314083 - 10/24/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

those look like an inactive pan species to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract