Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
question about misting / putting vermiculite on the tops of cakes after already rolled?
    #11313854 - 10/24/09 08:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

im 48 hours into fruiting, and i have some nice mycelium growing on the vermiculite all over the cakes. i only fruited 3, and cased the rest.

i was wondering how long should i mist the cakes for? do i stop when i see pins? or keep misting a couple times a day, everyday, even while there are mushrooms growing?

also, in some pics on here, ive seen people putting a bunch of dry vermiculite on the tops of their cakes even after they rolled them? whats the advantage to putting a bunch of vermiculite on the top compared to just rolling it normally and fruiting?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: question about misting / putting vermiculite on the tops of cakes after already rolled? [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11313891 - 10/24/09 08:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i was wondering how long should i mist the cakes for? do i stop when i see pins? or keep misting a couple times a day, everyday, even while there are mushrooms growing?

if they look dry, mist, the whole time. just dont pressure spray your pins, lightly mist the cakes. 

Quote:

also, in some pics on here, ive seen people putting a bunch of dry vermiculite on the tops of their cakes even after they rolled them? whats the advantage to putting a bunch of vermiculite on the top compared to just rolling it normally and fruiting?

its not dry its moist verm for a extra water supply.  not much of a benifit when your manually misting andf fanning.

:scaryshroom::thumbup:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan 

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: question about misting / putting vermiculite on the tops of cakes after already rolled? [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11313942 - 10/24/09 08:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

worrrd.

thanks homie.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: question about misting / putting vermiculite on the tops of cakes after already rolled? [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11314082 - 10/24/09 08:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i just put verm just on top of my cakes when i did them.

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation