Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelysergamideman
Pathological Liar
Male

Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid
    #11313706 - 10/24/09 07:43 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

So I know Ive seen  a simalr question before, but never have really seen a strait answer. It seems to me a good way to store shrooms,(since I prefer tea anyway) would be to just as i pick them toss them in a jug of water, maybe with some lemon juice in it? and throw it in the freezer. Basically I was just gonna fill a large sealable jug with water, and maybe leon and aws i get more shrooms just drop them into it for storage. Once it is pretty much as full as ti can get let it thaw shake the shit out of it and maybe cap it with a coffer filter or something and have a nice big glass of lemon tea. So would this work? To me it seems logically possbly one of the best ways for storage since they are picked fresh should be minamal loss of psilocin if they are thrown right into the water and frozen, right? I know it is generally bad to freeze shrooms, but I figured since there in water as the freezing cuasee the cell walls to rupture, should just basically be like an extraction to the water right? Or is there a drawback to this im not thinking of ? anyone else tried this? Would lemon be recomended to add also?  Thanx

--------------------
I post for entertainment purposes only, Nothing I say here is based in reality. After the last time the aliens came they transferred my brain into a glass dome with tentacles and im stationary, but my tentacles work great for typing! So I scan the internet 24/7 while being stuck in my glass jar imagining different things and posting dreams ive had as if they were real. I once drank 10 gallons of lsd and flew to the center of the galaxy where i learned that if i cover myself in dogshit totally I become invisible to the naked eye ! Its pretty cool, ever think you smell dog shit but cant find it anywhere? Then that was prolly me lurking behind you, b4 the damn aliens gave me tentacles and left me trapped in this damn dome!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: lysergamideman]
    #11313722 - 10/24/09 07:48 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

sounds like it would work to me. you should try it!

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: dummy]
    #11313727 - 10/24/09 07:49 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

and report back! :grin:

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: solstice]
    #11314034 - 10/24/09 08:45 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

I think you should try it just for your own, solstice, dummy and my curriousity.

But, If I had to guess,  I think the shrooms is going to look really gross, and probably leave a lot of goodies in the shrooms..... Maybe chop then freeze? was the plan to eat the chunks or just the liquid? I suppose you could make that choice after seeing what they look like. :tongue2:

For freezing, if you make tea, filter, then freeze..... that easily works.

Edited by Shad0w (10/24/09 08:45 PM)

Offlinelysergamideman
Pathological Liar
Male

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: Shad0w]
    #11314417 - 10/24/09 09:57 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

well im pretty much addin about a jug 1/4 full of water, drop the mushies in it, let it freeze soolid, also added about prolly 10% strait lemon juice, trhrow it in the freezer. let if freeze solod, then when i have some more mushies, maybe cut them up a bit toss themm in add a lil more water /lemon mix, refreeze again, and basically continue till its slam full, then let thaw maybe beore driking puour somne in a pan and lest simmewr low for 5-10 mins, or either just drink it as is. but eI know since the cells burst uder the frozen coindition i figured that would suitabley extract the goddies to the water, i wouldnt think the musshies need to be chopped a whole lot before being added, but i didnt reaslly chop the firtones muych yet, but prolly will a bit from now on. And yeah I will prolly weeat the remains of the mushrooms, or save them to use in a new batch it this one comes out ok, but its gonna be awhile before i fint out cuz my supply is getting pretty low right now,

--------------------
I post for entertainment purposes only, Nothing I say here is based in reality. After the last time the aliens came they transferred my brain into a glass dome with tentacles and im stationary, but my tentacles work great for typing! So I scan the internet 24/7 while being stuck in my glass jar imagining different things and posting dreams ive had as if they were real. I once drank 10 gallons of lsd and flew to the center of the galaxy where i learned that if i cover myself in dogshit totally I become invisible to the naked eye ! Its pretty cool, ever think you smell dog shit but cant find it anywhere? Then that was prolly me lurking behind you, b4 the damn aliens gave me tentacles and left me trapped in this damn dome!

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#11314477 - 10/24/09 10:03 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

you should just freeze it all at once. your plan kind of sounds like a hassle. just freeze all your shrooms at once. what species are you going to use?

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Offlinelysergamideman
Pathological Liar
Male

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: dummy]
    #11315802 - 10/25/09 02:00 AM (8 years, 27 days ago)

I did freeze them all at once, im just sayin as i get more to add to it.  there cubes.

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11316951 - 10/25/09 08:57 AM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Hm, I wouldnt heat them, if the advantage of freezing over drying is that psilocin is potentially retained.......

Let them thaw at room temp or less.

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#11317666 - 10/25/09 12:53 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah just make sure you freeze them in about the same amount of water you are going to use to brew them into a tea (or less water).

You'll definitely want to save the water once it melts. It will have good stuff in it.

--------------------
================

Edited by floatingwater (10/25/09 12:55 PM)

Offlinelysergamideman
Pathological Liar
Male

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: solstice]
    #12595554 - 05/20/10 01:43 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
and report back! :grin:

I know this is an old post but I just noticed I never did report back, I just wanted to say  that yeah it works great. Last year as I got fresh mushies i just threw them in a big jug with enough lemon juice to cover them while they were frozen. When I had more I wanted to add to it, I would take it out enough for it to thaw out (I would also shake it a lot to help break everything up) add more mushies and refreeze, (which I only did once or twice tho). The first ones I put in i chopped up a lil bit , but after that i just left the rest whole and refroze.
But it definatly works great. I forgot about them for awhile and about 6 months later I took them out. As it was thawing I would shake it well to help the mushrooms break down. When It was about 60-70% thawed a drank about 1/3 of it. Im not sure how much I had in there as far as mushrooms go, aprox an once or a lil bit over of fresh ones (not a lot) but it was DEFINATLY the hardest trip I had all year, and was definatly much stronger that when I have eaten almost 2x's as much of fresh ones.
I thought It was awsome and also taste VERY good to me, I didnt need to add any sugar only just maybe about 25% more water just to make more liquid. But that was the tastiest shroom tea, or lemonade I guess really  that ive ever had, and Ive had them many different ways. I gave a freind a drink and he thought it was lemonade he didnt even realize the shrooms till i told him.
But yeah I will probably store them this way from now on myself.
Peace.

--------------------

Edited by lysergamideman (05/20/10 01:46 AM)

Offlinecogent
Male User Gallery

#12595597 - 05/20/10 01:49 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Nice experiment!  Thanks for the update.:thumbup:

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: cogent]
    #12598256 - 05/20/10 03:42 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cogent said:
Nice experiment!  Thanks for the update.:thumbup:

Agreed.

This does sound like it could be very convenient in a variety of situations.

Probably the best lemon slushy ever. :tripping2:

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

OfflineJesusYodiHomeboy
Dimension Hopper

Re: Fresh shrooms frozen in liquid [Re: Shad0w]
    #12608974 - 05/22/10 12:31 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

:mushroom2:

--------------------
She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane
The man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors
On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy working overtime
A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD