Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties
    #11313593 - 10/24/09 07:22 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

October 24 09 - Test Country

Salvia Divinorum is a relative of the mint family that has become widely known for its cheap, technically legal high (the drug acts as a hallucinogen) among teens. It’s become popular enough for this purpose in fact that videos of the herb’s effects have cropped up all over YouTube and other social networking sites. Were Salvia known only for this purpose this wouldn’t pose a problem, however it’s also being researched for potential healing effects for depression, addiction and pain and these videos are undermining that research. It was also once used by shamans for mediation and spiritual reflection.

If authorities and parents see these videos and feel that these teens are in danger from the herb it could lead to criminalization of Salvia and therefore make research into its effects more trouble than it might be worth to researchers. Several states have already started considering making it a regulated substance and some have already passed laws that punish those who sell or use the herb. Abuse of the herb is startlingly common among the young. As many as 1.8 million have at least tried it for its hallucinogenic purposes in recent years and more young men between 18 and 25 use it regularly than those who use ecstasy and LSD.

The herb isn’t well studied or understood at this stage but it doesn’t appear to have many side effects for those who use it and doesn’t appear to have an addictive effect (largely in part due to the brief intense high it creates. Many only ever try Salvia once). Certain properties of the herb are believed to be a good potential source for pain medication.

Read more: http://hometestingblog.testcountry.com/?p=4334#ixzz0UtlT68Sa

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11314127 - 10/24/09 09:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i am gonna grow some saliva, fuck buying it.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11314153 - 10/24/09 09:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT KILL IT LILL IT KILL ITTTTT

--------------------

wat man rly

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: blujay]
    #11314160 - 10/24/09 09:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:

this comment has so much truth in it i outa cry.

OfflineDionili
Second Rate Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between a Rock and a Hard...
Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: elementswrath]
    #11315860 - 10/25/09 02:18 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
Quote:

blujay said:

this comment has so much truth in it i outa cry.

I second that motion,

--------------------
- We Live, We Die, We live Again!"

- so shiny so chrome!"

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: Dionili]
    #11316456 - 10/25/09 04:42 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

As many as 1.8 million have at least tried it for its hallucinogenic purposes in recent years and more young men between 18 and 25 use it regularly than those who use ecstasy and LSD.

That is complete bullshit ecstasy is about 100x more regularly used than salvia.

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: Indubitably]
    #11317041 - 10/25/09 09:53 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Indubitably said:
Quote:

As many as 1.8 million have at least tried it for its hallucinogenic purposes in recent years and more young men between 18 and 25 use it regularly than those who use ecstasy and LSD.

That is complete bullshit ecstasy is about 100x more regularly used than salvia.

I would believe the article. I bet having a legal herb in every head shop really increases use (at least measurable use).

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: neopet nub]
    #11317544 - 10/25/09 12:29 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

neopet nub said:
Quote:

Indubitably said:
Quote:

I would believe the article. I bet having a legal herb in every head shop really increases use (at least measurable use).

That's the word though, measurable, because who knows how many people eat ecstasy, LSD, or really any illegal drug for that matter. There are so many people that I know, that were the biggest squares in high school and now they are either enlightened by psychs or using drugs that don't expand the mind like Opiates and Cocaine. My point is that these kind of kids are the ones that nobody even knows they are getting high. Hell, I smoked weed all through middle and high school and by the end of high school I was doing oxy or dope every day, it wasn't until a year or 2 later that anyone even started to suspect I was shooting dope, and that was from track marks, not my attitude. Now, I would be able to tell just because I'm an addict, but it's amazing how in denial people can be, and how many addicts will lie about not using. There really is no way to tell drug use statistics.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Invisiblethezidane

Loc: australia
Re: Salvia Divinorum's Medical Properties are being Overshadowed by the Herbs Hallucinogenic Properties [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11320366 - 10/25/09 08:52 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

why are hallucinations such a problem. why are they demonized and looked down upon. "oh lsd is a really good psychotic medicine...but people hallucinate when they take it, can't have that". the only concern i see is that people become essentially incapacitated while on it, but i can say the same about other drugs, like Lunesta. that makes you freaking drowsy and stoned, but you don't smoke it, it's in a pill form so it's alright.

as far as salvia is concerned, it lasts like 5 minutes, who cares.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service