Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
Oak Farms dairy refrigerated trailer
    #11312762 - 10/24/09 05:12 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

So I've got some neighbors up the road, they've got two large refrigerated/air-conditioned containers that were originally used to carry around oak farms dairy products. One is $600, one is $1200 and on wheels. I live in central Texas and it gets freaking hot, usually in the high 90's-low 100's for long stretches in the summer.

I've kinda gotten the hang of cubes, and am looking into woodlovers like azures, shiitake, and some other edibles, and need a good cool fruiting chamber for them. I haven't gotten a chance to check them out, but apparently they work, and are being used for growing wheatgrass? I'm wondering, is something like this a good solution for a grow room? I plan on going to check it out soon. I can afford either of them but I'm leaning toward the cheaper one. Is there anything in particular I should look for?

--------------------
AMU

Edited by Randomstickynote (10/24/09 05:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Oak Farms dairy refrigerated trailer [Re: Randomstickynote]
    #11312827 - 10/24/09 05:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

In this case, size DOES matter. lol

Good find, it'll work. Did you see RR's Mobile-mini grow room?

Be ready to modify. And sell some edibles!! :congrats:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
Re: Oak Farms dairy refrigerated trailer [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11313187 - 10/24/09 06:10 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen the makings of his underground grow room but not his mini-room, care to link?

Also, using a glove box gets trying at times, especially having to trade out bag after bag during inoculation or manage a stack of petri's. I have no small room I can really use to set up a flowhood in my house. I'm wondering if I were to build a chamber before you enter this grow room in which you could sterilize yourself/equipment, and set up a flow hood inside (to run a couple hours before any sterile work) As long as the ventilation to the outside was filtered, could I fruit and do agar work/inoculation in the same place?

Other than having to temporarily cover any growing fruits to prevent their spores from becoming potential contaminants, I can't see any reason that wouldn't work. It also seems like any prints made from fruits in this grow room would be especially viable.

--------------------
AMU

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation