Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL]
    #11311874 - 10/24/09 02:46 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

by JONATHAN BILYK - jbilyk@kcchronicle.com
Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy

ELBURN – A man remains in custody after police raided his home on suspicion that he was making ecstasy.

Neil Tomsheck, 19, of the 300 block of North 4th Street, Elburn, faces a count each of possession with intent to deliver and possession of the street drug known as ecstasy.

Tomsheck was taken into custody Thursday after police from Elburn and Chicago and officers from the Kane County Sheriff's Office's bomb squad executed a search warrant at the home he shared with his father.

Tomsheck appeared in court Friday afternoon. Judge James Hallock read from a synopsis of the search and arrest provided by police.

On their arrival, police were allowed to enter the house without incident. When police located Tomsheck in the basement of the home, they said Tomsheck told them about the drug-making operation.

According to police, Tomsheck shouted to them: "I just make the ecstasy here; I don't sell it. I'm a scientist, not a user."

Police said Tomsheck later told them he had ecstasy "drying in the closet" and had a "pill press in the garage."

According to the document read by the judge in court, police recovered 150 grams of ecstasy from the home, as well as a quantity of mushrooms known to cause hallucinogenic experiences.

Tomsheck told the judge he was a graduate of Kaneland High School and had been attending computer engineering classes through the DeVry Institute of Technology.

Hallock set bail for Tomsheck at $300,000 with 10 percent to apply. Prosecutors had requested a bail of $500,000.

A representative of the Elburn Police Department said the department intended to release a statement on the incident later. A representative of the Kane County Sheriff's Office steered inquiries to the Chicago Police Department.

A spokesman for the Chicago Police Department said, as of Friday afternoon, that he could not comment, as his office was still attempting to gather information concerning the Chicago Police Department's involvement in the case.

Tomsheck is scheduled to next appear in court on Nov. 5.

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2009/10/24/28400422/index.xml

Accused Elburn Ecstasy cook says he's a 'scientist'
By Josh Stockinger | Daily Herald Staff
Contact writer

Neil T. Tomsheck

Published: 10/23/200 4:08 PM | Updated: 10/23/2009 4:57 PM

Bond was set at $300,000 on Friday for an accused Ecstasy cook who told police he's "a scientist - not a user."

Neil T. Tomsheck, 19, of Elburn, was arrested Thursday after police said they recovered 150 grams of the drug Ecstasy and a plastic bag filled with narcotic mushrooms in a search of his home on the 300 block of North Fourth Street.

During the search, Tomsheck directed police to drugs "drying in the closet" and told them, "I just make the Ecstasy here. I don't sell it. I'm a scientist, not a user," according to a police synopsis read in court.

Kane County Judge James C. Hallock said Tomsheck faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, a Class X felony. In addition, he's charged with possession of a controlled substance, a Class 1 felony punishable by up to 15 years.

According to prosecutors, Tomsheck has a "relatively minor" criminal history with a lone property damage offense in 2008. He told the judge he attended Kaneland High School before enrolling in a computer engineering program at DeVry University in Addison. But Tomsheck said he did not graduate because his funding ran out.

"I'm attempting to re-enter there this December or January, when the next semester starts," he said.

During the hearing, Tomsheck also tried to help the judge pronounce the scientific name - psilocybin - of the mushrooms he's accused of possessing. He asked to speak again later but a public defender advised against it.

Police said the search was carried out while both Tomsheck and his father were home. A man who said he was in court Friday for Tomsheck's bond hearing declined to comment.

Tomsheck would have to post $30,000 to be released from the county jail. His next court date is Nov. 5.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=331330

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: motaman]
    #11311902 - 10/24/09 02:52 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

fuck. i 19 year old kid was synthing mdma in his home? it can't be all that hard then, as it doesn't say the kid had a degree in chemistry or anything like that. kinda makes you wonder how hard (or easy) it really is.....

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

Offlinebootsyyy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: istandalone]
    #11311936 - 10/24/09 02:58 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I went to school with that kid. I live in Elburn. haha

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: istandalone]
    #11311947 - 10/24/09 02:59 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Not hard...You just need to know the processes and be able to obtain the precursors...If you can understand chemistry then you can make it since there is books on how to do it.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#11312197 - 10/24/09 03:40 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
During the hearing, Tomsheck also tried to help the judge pronounce the scientific name - psilocybin - of the mushrooms he's accused of possessing. He asked to speak again later but a public defender advised against it.

LOL.

Quote:

bootsyyy said:

Was he a tool?

He looks like a tool.  "I'm a scientist!", yeah right.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlinebootsyyy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11312678 - 10/24/09 04:59 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Quote:

motaman said:

LOL.

Quote:

bootsyyy said:

Was he a tool?

He looks like a tool.  "I'm a scientist!", yeah right.

He was a bit out there.

Offlinechraheezie
Chra
Male
Loc: Babylon
    #11312689 - 10/24/09 05:00 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

damn, illinois got the worst ectasy laws in the country too!

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#11313128 - 10/24/09 06:01 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Quote:

motaman said:

:ilold:

--------------------

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: bbl337]
    #11313528 - 10/24/09 07:11 PM (8 years, 23 hours ago)

Ouch

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinerexwayne
1.21 Jiggawatts

Loc: Norfolk , va - lame
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: andrewss]
    #11314686 - 10/24/09 10:31 PM (8 years, 19 hours ago)

150 grams? damn...

--------------------
:dj:

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: rexwayne]
    #11317133 - 10/25/09 10:30 AM (8 years, 7 hours ago)

damn

that dudes fucked. im surprised it doesnt say anything about his dad gettin in trouble.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

#11317135 - 10/25/09 10:31 AM (8 years, 7 hours ago)

That dude looks strangely familiar :strokebeard:

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #11317589 - 10/25/09 12:40 PM (8 years, 5 hours ago)

This is kinda crazy, just considering that he doesn't have any chem. back round and was in possession of almost 6 Oz's of MDMA. Shit that would be enough for the rest of my life, I only eat it maybe twice a year at most now, lets say maybe a gram a year for myself, I could double that to 2 grams a year for 75 years just on the amount he had (more than likely he was selling though since he had a pill press). Kinda makes me want to start looking for some precursors, J/K. Honestly though, these news stories which are supposed to deter people from using/making drugs, really just make people want to try what this guy had going on, at least that's what I think.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineRITM1999

Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #19847580 - 04/15/14 10:01 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:
This is kinda crazy, just considering that he doesn't have any chem. back round and was in possession of almost 6 Oz's of MDMA. Shit that would be enough for the rest of my life.

He wasn't a chemistry major but he had enough knowledge to be.  I know he's very knowledgeable because he's a user on a certain chemistry forum and his posts show that he knows well beyond just MDMA synthesis, for example energetic materials.  For the sake of his privacy I won't disclose the chemistry forum or his username.

Also the cops blew the amount out of proportion; he had 4.8 grams, not 150 grams.  See the link below.

Quote:

But the possession with intent charge was dismissed when he was indicted in March 2010, because the weight of the drugs was far less than originally reported only 4.8 grams, according to test results from the Illinois State Police laboratory.

^ http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20100717/news/307179840/

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: RITM1999]
    #19847974 - 04/15/14 12:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Well if it was drying I'd imagine it was still wet.  Solvents are pretty heavy.

--------------------

OfflineRITM1999

Re: Elburn man arrested, charged with making ecstasy [IL] [Re: fapjack] * 1
    #19848159 - 04/15/14 01:13 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Well if it was drying I'd imagine it was still wet.  Solvents are pretty heavy.

not that heavy though.  weighing mdma hcl that has just been gassed in toluene doesn't account for it.  for example, approx 20g of mdma hcl weighed around 27g when it was still very wet.  it was gassed and vac filtered but still quite wet and smelling of toluene.  it was weighed prior to drying and was approx 27g.

however if he did an aqueous titration and decided to evaporate off the solution (water or alcohol), leaving the mdma hcl, then i could definitely see that weighing quite a bit... just depends on how much water/alcohol was using during the titration.  i could definitely see 100-200ml being used for an expected 4g mdma hcl.

the latter must've been what happened, he must've titrated instead of gassed

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service