Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
seeking mimosa resources online
    #1131084 - 12/11/02 05:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i know i'm gonna get a lot of "do a search" type answers, but i have been unable to find a good and comprehensive site for use in the identification of mimosas to species, or, simply, about mimosas in general (though i have found a great many sites bot poor in quality, and narrow in scope).
if anyone knows of such a site and feels like sharing, i would be ever grateful. if not, sorry to wast board space.
thx for the time, wasted or otherwise.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: seeking mimosa resources online [Re: canid]
    #1131607 - 12/11/02 12:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hi feet! unfortunately i think you have seen all one can see on the web about those plants. there is no real good site dedicated to the identification of these plants, only scattered general info and folk use info, very little pictures.
you've just got to the point where internet is lacking on the information you're looking for but i think you could find that out in books (i think any biology studant from mexico to brazil must have access to the info and pics you're looking for).
well... i didn't give exactly what you wanted but you can take a rest and cease searching it on the net now. i've got a couple posts about m. scabrella and m. tenuiflora with some nice pics, better than most on errowid, lycaeum, etc... check it out!

Edited by felixhigh (12/11/02 12:45 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: seeking mimosa resources online [Re: felixhigh]
    #1132455 - 12/11/02 01:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you mean... like, i've reached the end of the internet.... NNNNNNOOOOOOOO! oh well, i suppose i could *mabey* find better info in a book then the confused jumble of the internet *mebey*. thenx for the reply. i'll take a look at those pics i think, aswell.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: seeking mimosa resources online [Re: canid]
    #1132630 - 12/11/02 02:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm.......maybe those of us interested in Mimosas could try and put together a comprehensive 'guide' site somewhere on the net...... would anyone else be up for putting something like this together??

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: seeking mimosa resources online [Re: DazedSol]
    #1132693 - 12/11/02 03:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i would be honored to help and let you place it on the emporium if your interested?

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #1133011 - 12/11/02 05:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

feet: yes, you have indeed reached the end of internet on the tryptamine containing mimosas subject! internet is a great communication method but unfortunately it's not as nice as an accurate information source...
dazed: i have always thought about this mimosaceae guide...  i am already working on a project like that but focusing the anadenanthera genus instead. btw, do you have anything on the subject?
please anyone who is interested on the subject (both about mimosas or anadenantheras!) is very welcome to get in touch for sharing ideas and thoughts... =)
i have at the same time been looking for mimosas here in SA and i have recently had a positive id for m. scabrella! that means i will soon put my hands on it...  i sure will come back with my findings.  :wink:

Edited by felixhigh (12/11/02 05:28 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1133096 - 12/11/02 05:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i would definately be interested, although i don't have a lot to contribute. i plan to do a lot of research in the near future (as far as my schedule allows) and would be happy to share anything i find. it would be nice to have a comprehensive guide online.
btw, felix: good find with the scabrella. i wish you the best of luck.

--------------------

Edited by concretefeet (12/11/02 05:51 PM)

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: seeking mimosa resources online [Re: felixhigh]
    #1142749 - 12/15/02 10:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nope sorry felix....no info on the anadens that isnt already on the board or the net somewhere......... Im working with an unidentified mimosa now from Louisiana......well just planted some seed actually.....hopefully i can put an id to it......also im in the process of obtaining some "large ass book"(thats how it was descibed to me :smile: ) on the mimosa family.....so that should help us out alot.....

ChromeCrow:: Yes that would be excellent if we could put this guide on the emporium site.....better than fucking around with any of the free webservers out there :smile:  ....... would be a huge help thanks for the offer

Well i have no clue really how to organize all this.......suppose we all just put together as much info as possible then have at it and try and organize it all :grin:

Anyone who would like to PM or email me on the subject is more than welcom to

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #1142842 - 12/15/02 11:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

photo's, seed germination, other propagation ( cuttings/clones), general growth conditions, alkaloid content, preparations, relavent history, reports of consumption.... to start with, just general stuff we can expand as we get more info.

felixhigh
In reply to:

i've got a couple posts about m. scabrella and m. tenuiflora with some nice pics

can we get your permission to "borrow" the photo's you posted?

Edited by ChromeCrow (12/15/02 11:50 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden