Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSovereign
Stranger

Spiritual Trips and Tripping
    #11310516 - 10/24/09 09:35 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

So I've always been readily aware some people experience 'spiritual' trips. I just recently had my first and am somewhat... confused, I guess. I tripped the hardest I've tripped anything, which might not be an incredible amount to some, but it was plenty for a 130lb., 6'3" gentleman like myself - on an ounce of P. Cubensis made into tea/kool-aid. (Delicious, may I add!) I sort of felt an odd feeling coming up on my trip and when I was peaking I felt a distinct nearness to a higher power, despite being totally unreligious in my normal life. I rembered a lot about my childhood and I believe I was subject to a few quick, hazy, and odd flashbacks.

I've not yet re-tripped since then. Do you think it's positive to foster these effects, or do you just see them as another side effect that make you feel something that isn't there?

Have any of you had any specifically spiritual trips? I'm sort of interested in what to expect in future acid/peyote trips.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Spiritual Trips and Tripping [Re: Sovereign]
    #11310578 - 10/24/09 10:06 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I think you can really only answer whether you think it's a positive thing or not. How has it affected your life sense? Would you say it's better or worse?

I used to, I assume, be an athiest. I say assume because I don't think I ever said 'I'm an athiest' but if I had to pick something, besides agnosticism, it would be towards that of disbelief.

About 2-3 years ago, very early in my psychedelic career, I had my first bad trip. The first part of this I was convinced I was in some sort of purgatory or hell, and while I was still perfectly intelligible to others and knew I was tripping balls, it just seemed so real. Whether that place objectively exists or not, it certainly exists within the human mind and I went there, and have been back since, though never nearly as terrifying as the first. That trip also was the most beautiful experience of my life coming off of it. I just felt completely connected with everything, it felt so familiar, like it was always there and I just hadn't seen it before. That trip instilled new beliefs in me I had previously not known of.

A few months later my friend was talking to me about buddhism, to which I knew practically nothing about. As he described it I found it all sounded extremely similar to my own beliefs, which made me look into it more, and it pretty much was. I didn't consider myself Buddhist after this though, largely just because whether Buddhism exists or not I'd believe what I believe, so why label myself as such, it makes no difference and just limits myself to what I can be/do.

2 or so years later I had a trip that more or less made me crazy for a couple months. I felt like I was stuck in purgatory, or the life/death cycle of samsara. Basically I felt as though I understood every religion, even those I hardly knew anything about, I'd read about it and it just made sense. After that consider myself to believe in every religion, however I don't practice any of them.

For the most part my life is the same as it always was now, though I do tend to view it through a spiritual eye of sorts. It's not that I see god or something like that, the world looks to me just as it does to you. I view it entirely from a scientific mindset, it's just that I attribute science, and the laws that create/confine this reality to something higher which I cannot label or understand.

Edited by krypto2000 (10/24/09 10:08 AM)

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: Spiritual Trips and Tripping [Re: krypto2000]
    #11310866 - 10/24/09 11:57 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've tripped 3 times. 2 times with a little bit more than 3 grams and once with .7 grams. The .7 was the most spiritual trip I've had, it was like more of a self understanding trip.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience