Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Acid Experiences: LSD's Effect on Illness
    #11309073 - 10/24/09 12:22 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Oct. 23 2009 - Guardian

Douglas, Historian

From the age of eight I suffered frequent and severe headaches, usually three or four a week, which caused acute and persistent pain and interfered with work and games alike. These persisted into adulthood.

I first tried 200 microgrammes of LSD in 1970. After it, I had no headaches for three weeks. I then had another headache, though not as severe as usual, and the next day took another 200 microgrammes. This time the headaches disappeared for six months.

After that, whenever I had a bad headache I took a dose of LSD, usually 100 microgrammes. My headaches have since become very rare, perhaps one or two a year. I believe the doses of LSD are the most likely cause of this very welcome relief.

Jess, 40, London

Taking LSD on a regular basis has improved my health and life. I had an eating disorder for 12 years after leaving school, yo-yo-ing between binge eating and then eating nothing for days, which was debilitating. Then, at 26, I was introduced to LSD and told that, while I was on it, I must maintain my sugar level in order to avoid the symptoms of hypoglycaemia.

On the first trip I ate scrambled eggs and a whole king-size bag of Minstrels. I remained in complete control . Equally as fascinating for me was that I couldn't sense the weight of what I'd consumed: in other words, I was eating but not putting on weight, which is music to an anorexic's ears.

The LSD enabled me to rise above my negative and destructive thoughts and see things in a new and positive light. I now take it once a month and as a consequence have maintained not only a healthy eating balance but also a more positive frame of mind.

Philip, 54, London

Five years ago I had just finished my third chemotherapy session for leukaemia, which was the worst experience of my life. I didn't eat for 21 days, my weight dropped to eight stone and I was bald. I took acid at a party. I wasn't in remission, so I shouldn't have taken it, but it was an amazing experience.

It made me euphoric. I'm not religious but I had a wonderful experience, like angels coming over the walls and white clouds out of a blue sky. I thought, "I've got to live"; it gave me the will to carry on. It gave me the strength that I could do it. The LSD helped me with my leukaemia by mentally helping me to get over it.I felt that I could beat the cancer, which was the first time I'd felt like that since being diagnosed with leukaemia

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Acid Experiences: LSD's Effect on Illness [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11309090 - 10/24/09 12:27 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Acid Experiences: LSD's Effect on Illness [Re: MHbound]
    #11309104 - 10/24/09 12:30 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

I have a buddy who takes like .2 grams of Psilocybe cyanescens for his migraines.

Edited by Twiztidsage (10/24/09 12:43 AM)

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
    #11309146 - 10/24/09 12:40 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

100% awesomeness! I love hearing extremely positive stories, these are the accounts that people need to hear, not that some guy thinks he is an orange and can't move or he'll spill, or people jumping out windows when they think they can fly. While the negative experiences hardly ever happen when taken correctly, it's the negative stories that make good gossip for ignorant people and therefore are spread about like wildfire.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Acid Experiences: LSD's Effect on Illness [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11310820 - 10/24/09 11:46 AM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah thanks for posting that up Twiztid!

And you are right Dr. Myco.. The really positive stories get spread around a lot less.. it's a shame

For me personally, I've had a mildly twisted spine since age 12 and have had chronic pain problems with my back/hips/legs because of uneven muscle tensions across my body. It's definitely prevented me from excelling in physical activities to my fully perceived mental abilities throughout my life. As a result, as a teenager growing up I'd commonly have to take ibuprofen one to three times a day to be pain free. Sometimes pain-free meant just simply being able to walk during school (during bad times) without stinging pains in my legs. Other times pain free meant I could skateboard and play soccer or whatever else I was in to. And believe me when I got the chance, I would skateboard til the advil wore off and I started to hurt again.

Anyways, fast forward to college, I still had pains but not as frequently but my torso is visibly twisted as growing has pretty much finished up by now. one shoulder sits a little more forward then the other.

Now to the point, the first time I tried LSD, I was offered some at a bluegrass show. We had all been drinking pretty good all night and my guards were definitely down and I was just having a good old time. Normally I would have been apprehensive and asked a lot of questions about it and so on and so on, it being my first time. But on this occasion, the fact that it was coming from a friend of a friend who was also present there must have smoothed over any fears of taking one of the large sweetarts that had just been given to me and a buddy wrapped up in a tinfoil. We each took one out and they had a clear and definite spot in the middle where you could tell some liquid had been dropped there and then absorbed into the candy. Down the hatch

Now really to the point, besides the fact that it was still one of the absolute strongest acid trips I've ever had, I remember sitting in a chair well into the peak of the trip. Normally, I'm quite a sloucher due to the back twist, but while flying high I was sitting quite differently. The center of my chest where the edges of the rib cage come to a V (the solar plexus area) felt tight and straight! As if my spine had been aligned! very strange feeling because my normal mind/body wanted to slouch but the new acid soaked mind/body wanted to straighten up. The memory of the strange feeling of alignment stuck with me after the trip had ended. (I wasn't even sure I could remember how to drive my car home the next day! strong acid)

And now just about two years ago I finally found a healing practice that was different than the numerous strategies I had tried through my typical healthcare provider. Rolfing. Intresting concepts that really work. During my half year of healing with the rolfer, he began to align my body based on principles of gravity and physics. Muscles, tendons, soft tissue, organs, bones, and mind all meticulously worked to improve the overall potential of the body.

About halfway through the healing I began to notice that same odd aligned feeling in the solar plexus area of my chest that I had felt that night on my first LSD trip! It would come and go throughout the days randomly as I sat in class or whatever. I wanted to share with the healer the origins of that feeling but I decided to just tell him that I had felt it before and that it felt correct.

The healing has worked a ton on my body, and my chronic pain issues have become barely noticeable over 75% of the time presently. I do believe that small re-alignment with the cartilage/tissue in the solar plexus area was a huge block in my physical and mental health. My body and spine is continually getting straighter and straighter as the healing changes have continues to manifest long after my sessions with the rolfer have ended.

To wrap up this long post.. I'm pleased to see and read that this pretty spectacular substance has had such profound and positive effects on the lives of people. LSD was more of a suggestive healing causation in my case and not necessarily a direct therapeutic, but none the less.. :thumbup:

--------------------
================

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Acid Experiences: LSD's Effect on Illness [Re: floatingwater]
    #11310837 - 10/24/09 11:49 AM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Hmm...So your chest hurts you?? I'm having some trouble from a car wreck 3 years ago with my chest always hurting, my left side of my body hurting, my back hurting, and I don't know what to do...I'm interested in this and would consider trying it if I heard more about it.

--------------------

OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

#11311097 - 10/24/09 12:47 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

i would suggest using lsd as a painkiller haha but it definatly improves a lot of lives for me just my mental well being it gives me a great outlook on life considering i sometimes tend to be filled with depression or anxiety but every once in a while a nice trip clears all my bad thoughts of life and replaces them with a positive outlook

as a matter of fact i think im about do for an intense trip

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#11311116 - 10/24/09 12:50 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Not really.. I was more just describing a focal point of the twisting in my spine/torso.. Its mostly cartilage there so there wasn't really much pain going on there. The pain is expressed on the lower back and sides of the mid back..

Interesting healing practice though that might help you out..

I highly suggest starting at www.rolf.org and reading up as much as you can. The term Rolfing is kind of a brand name (not really) for a much broader term of Structural Integration. "Rolfing" comes from one of the originators of the practice named Ida Rolf. It's really good stuff and worth while to look into if you are in some pain and nothing else seems to be working.. It really was a completely new take on healing for me.

I don't want this to turn into a huge plug for rolfing though.. so i'll let you go from there. PM if you have some specific questions and i'd be glad to help

--------------------
================

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service