Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesevenspeed
Sevenspeed
Male
running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help?
    #11309034 - 10/23/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to try and do the Nike 10K Human Race tomorrow evening and I was wondering if Kratom might help me go the distance.  I got 6 grams of Thai powdered as a sample and have never tried it before.  I also have some 1x liquid full spectrum Kava extract that I tried once and I think it did make things more euphoric.
  I just started running again Monday and have been doing 2 miles a day in under a half hour but I don't enjoy it even with energetic music.  Sometime last year I did that for a month every weekday and then quit going to the gym when I started riding bikes.  Right now I think most of the pain is mental while I am running and the only hint of a runner's high is when step down from the treadmill it's like my legs are a bit noodley or something.
  So, I'm pretty sure I'm physically capable as it's only twice the distance and I could go slower, I tend to hover around 6mph with very short spurts of 7-8.  My legs are sore afterwards but not bad.  And I don't breathe too heavy at 6mph but do at the higher ones.

If Kratom or Kava won't help I'll just try without help and try not to focus on the pain but if it might help I'll give it a try.  Anything else I might be able to use in the future would be good to know but of course wouldn't be able to order in time.  And I do not compete in any races it's just for my health and knowing I did it.

Also, before creating a second post, anyone have experience with Salvia Dragon?  What is the VIP thing about?  I'm happy with another suppler but curious about the added Calea Z and VIP thing.

--------------------
Legal disclaimer: anything discussed by this user is research for short stories and references to any actions taken are those of fictional characters unless explicitly stated otherwise as those of the author.  For simplicity "I", "me", or other pronouns  refer to said characters and not the author.  The author may also post excerpts or questions from stories for opinions or corrections to improve realism and may be stated in the first person to avoid linguistic confusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenMachine
The Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: A peninsula
Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: sevenspeed]
    #11309048 - 10/23/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

weed, for me, is the ultimate energizer

--------------------
Look behind you, do you see it?:unbelievable:

InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: GreenMachine]
    #11309773 - 10/24/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hrm..
Kratom will probably, as you say, "go the distance"..
But keep in mind, that you will not be acheiving the Race as yourself, and will forever know that it was only because (or at least always consider that it was because) of the Kratom (or any additional chemistry).. It was not out of your own will, and drive, and personal accord..

Go ahead and give it a shot, but keep this in mind..

I too would personally like to use Kratom in various applications in my life, maybe even small amounts while I'm at work.. I really dunno yet, as I've yet to aquire an amount I could repeatedly experiment with.

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #11309778 - 10/24/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hm.. it's odd that I feel this way when it comes to physical applications- but as for having mystical experiences while high, I don't consider them much different/less then if I had had such an experience sober.. O.o

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #11309784 - 10/24/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

kratom makes me wanna sleep i used to smoke ganja and run a few miles every day...i think it helps me run just because running is boring as hell and im not as bored high

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Edited by Doctor_Dick (10/24/09 01:57 AM)

Offlinesevenspeed
Sevenspeed
Male
Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #11310435 - 10/24/09 07:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's true about it not being myself, I hadn't thought of that.  I'll have to.  I don't think it's a race with prizes or anything as much as an event to get everyone running on one day that does.

I do want to cheat myself I guess with Kratom or something just to breakthrough to where I don't hate running for a half hour.  Like I said, after a month only my speed went up slightly before and I think my friend mentioned after a couple months it won't be so bad.  I'll do that if it's necessary but a shortcut would be nice.  Right now I'm pretty much forcing myself because it is so horrible to me which implies not being as healthy as I thought I was and something I feel I need to conquer.  Yes cheating is kinda against the point but I never had any interest in running until my friend got me on a treadmill and I found out how lame I was.  As soon as I found the bike riding thing I was like, screw running.  But now I feel I should be able to do both.  So I guess I am thinking if I can run once with help for a long distance and not hate it but maybe even enjoy it, that I'll keep at it and maybe not hate it so much.  Like a breakthrough that hey, it's not so bad.  I mean, enough people run and seem to enjoy it somewhat that it must be not so bad.  And the endorphin release or runner's high might help if I can get it, maybe that's what I'm looking for but I dunno if you have to run longer then a half hour or what is a common speed or distance to attain it.
  Maybe I'll do it without any help and then a different day I'll see what happens with the Kratom.  I know I can do the 10k but at what speed I have no clue.  I found out through bike riding it's all about pace, I could ride 6 miles to work and be maxed out and not able to go much further when I was timing it, which was pretty much the only riding I did at first.  Then I signed up for a local event that was at least 30 miles and maybe 50 (should have written it down,) and I made it without taking much more breaks then to grab some fruit to eat at the rest stops and fill up my water.  I didn't have time to dilly dally as I got there pretty late and wanted to be back for lunch.  I work nights and it was a morning thing.  I'm up now because I overslept and wasn't up until 5pm yesterday so going to bed at 2am I hadn't been up long so by now I'm awake again.  I'll have to nap later.  I hate trying to readjust for the weekend but no point in being up from 9pm to 6am unless I have to.
  I type too much sometimes.......if anyone read this far I appreciate it.  Oh and I'm not against using grass but wouldn't even know how to get it or what it costs or anything.  Not even sure what it's supposed to do.  It wasn't legal so I stayed away from it, but now I'm not exactly happy with the government (legal immigration is very hard in the US and I have a girlfriend in Asia took 2 years for them to deny it and didn't say why) and status quo so the legality issue is not such a big deal.

Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: running a 10k on treadmill with Kratom or anything else to help? [Re: sevenspeed]
    #11310538 - 10/24/09 07:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome.
Okay, I can give a couple examples here-
My uncle, he did a lot of crack cocain for a few years, and he continued to work, and fullfill his responsabilities, and go beyond most anyone else, with the application of the freebase. So for quite some time now, since not doing it, (and he's nearly at his 50's) can still nearly apply the same discipline, and consistency (if not quite intensity) as he could when he was high.

I myself have experienced things while High, that I have been able to apply and adjust to the rest of my life, in more then just mental things (now that I really think about it- such as the 'tree' example- but also in my experiences with certain entheogens(synthetic and terran), and being completly fine with whatever anyone thought/felt/expressed- and now I can't be the same (nore would I want to), but I sure have adapted and implimented that experience, and am able to interact far more progressivly, openly, and comfortably very measurably compared to just a few years ago- but that also touches on natural time based evolution and karma, so maybe another time.

So anyway, since you understood what I was saying for yourself, and expressed what you have here, and through your rational reasonings (based on what inspires you- what brings passion)- if you feel/think this is true/right to experience for yourself- Onward and Inward. I personally can't say what will be good or bad, but
knowing as much about a situation (like knowing that this race wouldn't be won without personaly injected influence-like taking kratom for it) and being okay with it, (reason and ration) then it's what you will/must do. ^^

okay, I'm really baked right now, so excuse my own rambling/over explinating if you will.

Yar. :smile:

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

Edited by FunkMasterShroom (10/24/09 07:48 AM)

Offlinesevenspeed
Sevenspeed
Male
I did it barely with compromise [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #11314837 - 10/24/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I made it but barely and thanks to the kindness of the girl working at the gym.  I took a nap for like 4 hours or so and didn't eat until after the gym so I wouldn't be trying to digest and run.  I had ice cream before the nap.  I did have 15oz of coffee so it wasn't completely au natural but I'm sure that's a common stimulant among runners.  I just started drinking coffee not more then once a day a week or so ago but do go through spurts of daily green tea drinking.  I made it in like an hour and 5 minutes and it was far from easy, I had to pause to walk a few times and push myself really hard near the end and do the last half mile 1mph faster then my average pace, my total average was just about 6mph with no warmup or cooldown which is my speed for 2 miles a day with very short spurts of 7-8 once or twice.  The gym closed at 7 and I got done at like 5 after and wasn't out of the door until 10 after.  The girl working said kinda quite when noone's here isn't it?  Not sarcastically I think and I thanked her for not shutting me down at 7 or a bit sooner as it was my first 10k.  And she said she thought she'd give me a few more minutes.  I was worried about that, I had a plan of doing 6.5mph for a half mile and then 6mph for .25 and would have had some time to spare but it didn't work out that way....  I was like, if I have to quit now it'll be bunk, I had like 3/4 of a mile to go at less then 10 too.  So I'm thankful and glad I could do it, there were times I had to talk myself out of negativity or settling for less.  I wonder how it will affect my daily runs?  I also forgot to mention I have a Husky so if I can run longer that would be cool, I cheat and use the bike so he can run 14mph or the unicycle for practice which I haven't clocked yet but is somewhat faster then walking.

I am still interested in trying Kratom and running at some time.  If I could get my mind off my body while running that would be great and something I'd like to be able to do naturally even daydream.

No excuse needed for your rambling at least to me, I wouldn't mind having a friend that could ramble on or discuss things most don't with an open mind and some intelligence or insight.  But at least thanks to the internet I can do this online, just not in realtime.  I'm usually adding an apology at the end myself of some emails thinking I rambled on too much.

--------------------
Legal disclaimer: anything discussed by this user is research for short stories and references to any actions taken are those of fictional characters unless explicitly stated otherwise as those of the author.  For simplicity "I", "me", or other pronouns  refer to said characters and not the author.  The author may also post excerpts or questions from stories for opinions or corrections to improve realism and may be stated in the first person to avoid linguistic confusion.

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
Re: I did it barely with compromise [Re: sevenspeed]
    #11316924 - 10/25/09 06:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Meh. Use any euphoric drug really, weed is pretty damn good. I thought kratom was a sedative however? In general any drug that allows you to feel intense euphoria will be great for running. It's like having a runner's high without even doing the running.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: I did it barely with compromise [Re: crkhd]
    #11317746 - 10/25/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't have thought a sedative (kratom) would be a good choice for running the distance. It's all about mental discipline, take a mushroom trip THE DAY BEFORE and i'm sure that will do the trick for you. Or maybe a low dose of shrooms on the day of the run.

Also you could just have some caffeine and some glucose energy gels before you do it.

Edited by MindFood (12/02/14 10:48 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale