Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePlutonian
Mushroom Man
Male

pf tek wide mouth vs regular mouth
    #11308719 - 10/23/09 10:55 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I have to say, the wide mouth can shorten the colonization time by a week, I started the regular mouth first then a week later I do the wide mouth, right now it's almost 4 weeks for the regular mouth and it has finished colonizing, and the wide mouth has just finished at 3 weeks, or am I wrong?
Since wide mouth is shorter so the myc can grow on the surface quicker but it's fat so that inside of the cake isn't fully colonized yet? Same analogy with regular mouth, it's taller so the myc's gonna grow on its surface for quite some time but since it's thinner, so inside of the cake has already fully colonized?
So are they about the same?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebw86
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: eL Ii eN. whY.
Re: pf tek wide mouth vs regular mouth [Re: Plutonian]
    #11308745 - 10/23/09 11:02 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

regular mouth jars cant work for pf tek, how will you get a cake out ?
spawn it to some coir  or poo

--------------------
Convert to Grains Pf tek killed Jesus
...................................................AMU feel free to :pm:Agar to grain/ g2g transfer=unlimited mushrooms:hypnotoad:

Offlinemedicine man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: pf tek wide mouth vs regular mouth [Re: bw86]
    #11308797 - 10/23/09 11:15 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

a regular mouth is just deeper so it might take a bit longer (I've put them both side by side and could not tell a difference due to how much you inject or how many and size of mycil from a dish that you use.  But does a few days make that much of a difference?  No.  They both will work out fine.  Now if you have a tapered jar which is not what I think you have, then you will have to break the jar or break up your cake and put in in a tray vs. a cake.  the tray will be more rewarding and provide a better yield anyway. So regardles when you've done a couple of cakes your naturally want to go to the next level.  Good luck.  It's not as hard as you think once you've done a few grows.  You will look back and think. Fuk that was easy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation