Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNiall
Calmed down now

(Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction
    #11300831 - 10/22/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I was wondering, I have 210g of san pedro dried skins, and I want to make a crude extract. Would it be possible for me to powder the cactus and put into water made acidic by a large amount of vinegar and shake it up a bit to extract some of the mescaline and strain and repeat a few times then evaporate the liquid off leaving me with a very impure product of mescaline acetate and plant fats, this would be easier to ingest than tea or the straight cactus. I would do the whole acid to base extraction but unfortunately I am limited to very few resources and would be happy with a very impure product, so long as its easier to ingest than tea or the solid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBEEP
Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction *DELETED* [Re: Niall]
    #11300854 - 10/22/09 04:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by BEEP

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineNiall
Calmed down now

Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: BEEP]
    #11300878 - 10/22/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Alright cheers, i'll just make some tea and bare the horrible taste that is yet to come. :smile: thanks.

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: Niall]
    #11300916 - 10/22/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Niall said:
So I was wondering, I have 210g of san pedro dried skins, and I want to make a crude extract. Would it be possible for me to powder the cactus and put into water made acidic by a large amount of vinegar and shake it up a bit to extract some of the mescaline and strain and repeat a few times then evaporate the liquid off leaving me with a very impure product of mescaline acetate and plant fats, this would be easier to ingest than tea or the straight cactus. I would do the whole acid to base extraction but unfortunately I am limited to very few resources and would be happy with a very impure product, so long as its easier to ingest than tea or the solid.

There would be no need to acidify if you want to make tar.

Most people just use everclear, and make certain to do a few soaks on the cactus.

The everclear, once the plant matter is removed, will evaporate into a very sticky, tarry mess which can be scraped up and rolled into pill sized balls to be swallowed whole. I have heard some flour works here to make the junk more manageable.

To dose, just assume you extracted almost all the actives and divide the total yield by how many doses of cactus you introduced. If you don't know the potency of your dried cactus, a good place to start is about 30-40 grams (total cactus, not the extract...).

I don't do it this way, cause I hate to take that much material. Before I got some d-limonene, I would just make tea, which is a little tricky if your skins are powdered. If you have whole pieces of skin, just toss them in some simmering water for several hours, changing water intermittently. Simmer this water down to a shot per dose and go after it. Boiling cooks off some of the actives, so you will be left with a slightly weaker brew.

If it's powdered, you have to find a way to filter it out - good luck...

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #11304274 - 10/23/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

iso tar is way easier and cheaper cheaper the everclear for sure

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Male User Gallery

Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: thedudenj]
    #11304941 - 10/23/09 08:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Doesn't the iso leave toxic remnants in the tar? I would stick to foodsafe, unless cost is a major concern. I think mescaline is pretty soluble in ethanol.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11305115 - 10/23/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

evaporate iso on a dish and see if you can scrape anything ... no it doesnt leave stuff

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineCosmicLion
Organical
 User Gallery

Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: Niall]
    #11305524 - 10/23/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Doing Isopropyl Alcohol or an Everclear extraction works best for cactus.

In some states you can only get Everclear 151, not 200 proof. 

90%+ Isopropyl works good too.

Powderize material, let sit in alcohol for 24-48 hours shaking as often as possible.

Strain & collect alcohol. Soak the material with FRESH alcohol for 24-48 hours.

Repeat until the fresh alcohol stays mostly clear. This can take 4-5 pulls or more depending on the cactus skin.

Combine all alcohol pulls, filter the best you can (through a t-shirt works well) then evaporate to yield a nice tar goo.

The tar goo will sometimes be more solidified like dry putty, other times it will be hard and pliable but very greasy too the touch.

--------------------
:peace:    :peace:

Earth's Essence

Male User Gallery

#11305630 - 10/23/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
evaporate iso on a dish and see if you can scrape anything ... no it doesnt leave stuff

Some iso will be trapped in the extremely sticky tar, which will be impossible to dry completely.

Same problem with iso hash.

In the cactus instance, however, this problem can be remedied by adding some h20 in the evaporation stage. Still won't ever dry out completely, but all the ipa will be gone.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11306867 - 10/23/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
Quote:

thedudenj said:

Some iso will be trapped in the extremely sticky tar, which will be impossible to dry completely.

In the cactus instance, however, this problem can be remedied by adding some h20 in the evaporation stage. Still won't ever dry out completely, but all the ipa will be gone.

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
Quote:

thedudenj said:

well you can actually dry it so much so that it turns in to powder.

--------------------

OfflineCosmicLion
Organical
 User Gallery

#11308393 - 10/23/09 07:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
well you can actually dry it so much so that it turns in to powder.

Sometimes...

Sometimes its real tar-putty like depending on particular unidentifiable procedural differences.

I found that leaving SOME of the fine powder in the mix, maybe filtering through a loose t-shirt as apposed to a vigorous filter through cotton balls, helps produce a drier final product that is easier to scrape up.

It seems like more of the oils and freebases dominate the consistency when there is excessive filtration.

I personally prefer a more-pure tar goo then I do a less pure scrape able powder, so I filter very well.

All tar goo I have scraped and molded into a ball smells like juicy cactus, not like alcohol.

--------------------
:peace:    :peace:

Earth's Essence

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: (Very) Crude Mescaline Extraction [Re: CosmicLion]
    #11308687 - 10/23/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i prefer tar over powder , yeah as you said if you strain thru a tea shirt and grind int really fine alot will get thru and it can make a powder if you grind it coarse then none will get thru and you get striaght tar

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale