Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Outdoor Hawaii
    #11307161 - 10/23/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Everyone,

After alot of reading on outdoor beds...  I figured Id try my hand at some Costa Rican Cubes outside.  This basically is the result of spawning 4 tubs and then having to go on vacation... bad planning... anyway... the tubs stalled and I didn't feel as though they were going to be successful as they could have been as an indoor grow so living on the islands I figured id give it a go outside!  I have the perfect spot in my yard and well... here goes nothing!

Typical casing ingrediants were purchased Steer Manure from Home Depot as well as Miracle Grows Peat Moss... (never used this before, just used regular peat but this stuff has nutes infused... hope this won't cause a problem or if i can relate the stalling to this but who knows... we will see) Vermaculite and about 6qts of spawn WBS.  All this was dumped into my previous compost pile and then covered in more peat moss until fully covered to protect from pests, flies, etc.  I then wet everything down nice and damp and  surrounded the area in slug death and DE to keep the asshol... i mean slugs out of my patch.  Also put some boric acid mixed with sugar to ward off the cockroaches and ants and anything with an exoskeleton that is going to try to eat my myc! :smile:

Anyway lets hope this goes well and will be updating frequently if it does!  The patch gets indirect sun for about 3 hours and has shade the rest of the day.  Also just covered with about 4 pages of damp newspaper to give the myc a chance at getting going.

Ok and some pics...

Ok... send me some good vibes and lets hope this thing works! :smile:

Alohas
Fishbutt

--------------------
Me, Take Shrooms???  You must be Trippin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Outdoor Hawaii [Re: fishbutt]
    #11307166 - 10/23/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

good luck

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
    #11307212 - 10/23/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fishbutt said:
Hi Everyone,

After alot of reading on outdoor beds...  I figured Id try my hand at some Costa Rican Cubes outside.  This basically is the result of spawning 4 tubs and then having to go on vacation... bad planning... anyway... the tubs stalled and I didn't feel as though they were going to be successful as they could have been as an indoor grow so living on the islands I figured id give it a go outside!  I have the perfect spot in my yard and well... here goes nothing!

Typical casing ingrediants were purchased Steer Manure from Home Depot as well as Miracle Grows Peat Moss... (never used this before, just used regular peat but this stuff has nutes infused... hope this won't cause a problem or if i can relate the stalling to this but who knows... we will see) Vermaculite and about 6qts of spawn WBS.  All this was dumped into my previous compost pile and then covered in more peat moss until fully covered to protect from pests, flies, etc.  I then wet everything down nice and damp and  surrounded the area in slug death and DE to keep the asshol... i mean slugs out of my patch.  Also put some boric acid mixed with sugar to ward off the cockroaches and ants and anything with an exoskeleton that is going to try to eat my myc! :smile:

Anyway lets hope this goes well and will be updating frequently if it does!  The patch gets indirect sun for about 3 hours and has shade the rest of the day.  Also just covered with about 4 pages of damp newspaper to give the myc a chance at getting going.

Ok and some pics...

Ok... send me some good vibes and lets hope this thing works! :smile:

Alohas
Fishbutt

I love outdoor projects. Keep us informed. :mushroom2:

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: Outdoor Hawaii [Re: feelfunny]
    #11307218 - 10/23/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah,I've been waiting for a post like this,as I'm going to do the same next year.Good Luck:thumbup:

Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Hawaii [Re: KBG1977]
    #11307332 - 10/23/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words everyone! If all goes to plan ill def be giving away some prints! :smile:  But like my mom always said... don't count your chickens before they hatch! :smile:

Check out the sweet new watchband my girlfriend bought me!  Hope my compost pile will look like this soon, except with cubies!!! :smile:

Anyway keep sending those good vibes! :jah:

FB

--------------------

Edited by fishbutt (10/23/09 04:31 PM)

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
    #11307344 - 10/23/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

InvisibleKBG1977
    #11307345 - 10/23/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's Groovy you have a good girl friend:grin:

Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Hawaii [Re: KBG1977]
    #11312399 - 10/24/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Update...

Its only been 2 days and the myc is running through the peat like no other!  I covered the pile in newspaper because now i have a new pest to deal with!!!  Bastard pigeons!  They somehow spotted the millet in the poo and peat and i caught several dinning on my patch!  Grrrrr!  So... covered everything in newspaper and wet it down to hold another layer of moisture.  If I catch those punks eating my spawn again im going to set a rat trap and that will solve that problem! (side story - out here in hawaii rats are HUGE... they run around in the jungle at night and they are like small cats.  Anyway one night i set a trap with some peanut butter and caught a big ass one!  Big like BIGGEST RAT IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE BIG.  so.... i set it again only to find it also is good at catching pigeons... ha ha ha!  )

Ok sorry for rambling... just wanted to show an update pic of whats going on... there is lots-o-growth already... how long should i plan on having some pins?  Thinking i just may leave the paper on for a week or so for the myc to really get a good hold before the wbs gets chomped on... any suggestions?

and here we go:

edit... had to add another b/c after i looked at this the pic looks like crap!  Sorry guys!
this should give a better idea...

More updates to come... thanks for watching!

Lata,
FB

--------------------

Edited by fishbutt (10/24/09 02:15 PM)

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
    #11312411 - 10/24/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats really sweet. I hope you have a huge harvest

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Hawaii [Re: subject]
    #11319045 - 10/25/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so i decided today to take off the newspaper.  The patch seems to be growing fine and the paper is getting soggy gross and the myc is starting to grow into it... I really dont want that.  So...  I decided to remove all the paper... recovered the exposed myc breakthrough with unsterilized steer manure and then put more peat over that.  Just wanted to kinda mimic the paper (protection from sun mainly and keep moisture).  Anyway also have a gang of lizards helping me keep the bugs out of there! Yes!!!

first patch...

covered again...

Lizard guardians...

Oh and best of all... I started another big ass patch right next to the other one! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by fishbutt (10/25/09 02:59 PM)

Offlinefishbutt
mindexpander
Male User Gallery

#11383950 - 11/04/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Update

So the other day I noticed mean green growing in my outdoor pile.  Did some research and asked fellow members and - yes green trich can grow outside - at least where I live... so sorry to say I think this outdoor patch is F'd.  I will still post on this if anything else changes... but sad to say I don't think this patch is going to pump out the fruits I thought it would.  This is a big surprise to me about the green trich... but I will only have to figure out a way to beat it yet again.  We will see.  Thanks for watching.

Aloha,
FB

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom