Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKush44
Stranger
20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help )
    #11305043 - 10/23/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well im getting to the last part of my grow and just have a couple last question about my fruiting chamber before i move on. Well im about to spawn my grain jars to worm casing and straw in about 4-5 days. Now I put pictures of my containers and my setup i have 12 20 quart containers for 4 different strains. Now i was going to spawn in aluminum trays and then when its ready , take it out and cut it to fit into the bottom of the 20 quart containers. Now can i do that? Im going to using black garbage bag to cover the 4-5 inches of the bottom so the bottom and sides dont get light. Now im stuck on humidty!!! How many holes should i put in my container and where should i put them for the best humidty?  I will be using .5 inches of casing. Well i think thats all  i need and im done. Well please help and thanks if you do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: Kush44]
    #11305138 - 10/23/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What
the
fuck?

Quote:

Now I put pictures of my containers and my setup i have 12 20 quart containers for 4 different strains

Quote:

Now i was going to spawn in aluminum trays and then when its ready , take it out and cut it to fit into the bottom of the 20 quart containers. Now can i do that?

Quote:

Well please help

Yeah, here you go: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/ Also: http://www.shroomery.org/4/Grow-Mushrooms

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinedgls_jms
festival follower

Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: Doc_T]
    #11305331 - 10/23/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

now.... now..... then... now...

--------------------
Not that you lied to me, but that I no longer believe you has shaken me.

"I have done that" says my memory. "I cannot have done that" says my pride, and remains inexorable. Eventually - memory yields.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: dgls_jms]
    #11305351 - 10/23/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:nothingtoadd::postcount:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinefordrew

Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11305384 - 10/23/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

we have a winner here folks

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #11305461 - 10/23/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kush44 said:
Well im getting to the last part of my grow and just have a couple last question about my fruiting chamber before i move on. Well im about to spawn my grain jars to worm casing and straw in about 4-5 days. Now I put pictures of my containers and my setup i have 12 20 quart containers for 4 different strains. Now i was going to spawn in aluminum trays and then when its ready , take it out and cut it to fit into the bottom of the 20 quart containers. Now can i do that? Im going to using black garbage bag to cover the 4-5 inches of the bottom so the bottom and sides dont get light. Now im stuck on humidty!!! How many holes should i put in my container and where should i put them for the best humidty?  I will be using .5 inches of casing. Well i think thats all  i need and im done. Well please help and thanks if you do

I started thinking about this post after I posted the above smart assed post. Do you speak English as your first language? I hope not. Going by the assumption that you do not speak English well, I will try and wade through your post and offer some advice.

If you DO speak English, I doubt you will get any answers with illegible posts like this in the future. Furthermore, maybe consuming psychedelic mushrooms is not your best plan of action...

First note, aluminum trays are not the best choice. As you have no doubt read, but forgotten, mycelium tends to eat through aluminum trays. With this in mind, small Rubbermaid type trays are pretty cheap and are re-usable.

Note number two; do not try to cut your 100% colonized and consolidated trays into pieces to properly fit your FC. You, (according to your post, provided I'm deciphering it properly) have four to five days to find trays that will fit into your FC's. If you want to experiment, that's fine. BUT, I doubt you will find ANY successful growers on this site that recommend changing teks around, until you can successfully manage to produce some fruits by following those teks to a "T".

Note three, as your mycelium mats lose moisture, they will shrink. Therefore, covering the sides of the FC with plastic garbage bags will only work for a short time. If you'll notice in existing teks, the garbage bag is placed inside the trays, (or mono's or whatever), thus, as the mycelium shrinks during fruiting, the plastic can be kept touching the edges of the mycelium for light reduction. This is not critical in my opinion, I simply harvest side shrooms as they ask me. (my mushrooms talk to me, yes.)

For Shotgun tek questions, study this: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek
Follow the directions. They are simple and concise.

:goodluck:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #11307300 - 10/23/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ what he said ^^^:awedrugs:

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

OfflineKush44
Stranger
    #11311447 - 10/24/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cloudsaregathering said:
^^^ what he said ^^^:awedrugs:

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:
Quote:

Kush44 said:

I started thinking about this post after I posted the above smart assed post. Do you speak English as your first language? I hope not. Going by the assumption that you do not speak English well, I will try and wade through your post and offer some advice.

If you DO speak English, I doubt you will get any answers with illegible posts like this in the future. Furthermore, maybe consuming psychedelic mushrooms is not your best plan of action...

First note, aluminum trays are not the best choice. As you have no doubt read, but forgotten, mycelium tends to eat through aluminum trays. With this in mind, small Rubbermaid type trays are pretty cheap and are re-usable.

Note number two; do not try to cut your 100% colonized and consolidated trays into pieces to properly fit your FC. You, (according to your post, provided I'm deciphering it properly) have four to five days to find trays that will fit into your FC's. If you want to experiment, that's fine. BUT, I doubt you will find ANY successful growers on this site that recommend changing teks around, until you can successfully manage to produce some fruits by following those teks to a "T".

Note three, as your mycelium mats lose moisture, they will shrink. Therefore, covering the sides of the FC with plastic garbage bags will only work for a short time. If you'll notice in existing teks, the garbage bag is placed inside the trays, (or mono's or whatever), thus, as the mycelium shrinks during fruiting, the plastic can be kept touching the edges of the mycelium for light reduction. This is not critical in my opinion, I simply harvest side shrooms as they ask me. (my mushrooms talk to me, yes.)

For Shotgun tek questions, study this: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek
Follow the directions. They are simple and concise.

:goodluck:

Sorry all for the bad English. Its I'm just fucked up alot on weed, shrooms etc... so saying that I'm really only on the computer when I'm fucked up so my typing sucks and everything else but thanks for making it out and answering the questions.

Well I want to do a shotgun fruiting chamber but my problem is in my 20 quart container if i put the casing in it will cover most if not all the perlite, killing the whole point of the shotgun tek. I heard you have to have the casing 1 inch above the perlite to have the effects you want but that's 2-3 inches of perlite, 1 inch above the perlite and 3-4 inches of substrate leaving me with 2-3 inches for my shrooms to grow which ain't going to work.

So i need help to make a fruiting chamber out of a 20 quart container???!!!

I'm thinking I'm going to make a 28 gallon shotgun fruiting chamber to see how good they do. Has anyone done it and if you have how where your yields? thanks and sorry again for the bad English lol peace

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
    #11311837 - 10/24/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno your english didn't seem that bad to me, just seemed you were a little confused on your process. It sounds like you just want to make a straight up monotub, which you can do with a 20 quart container. If you were to spawn to trays and cut them to fit in the bottom that'd be about the same as just spawning into the tub from the start. I guess it would work, just put the sub in the bottom lined with black plastic and then follow any given monotub tek for the build, OR just spawn to the straw/worm castings in the tubs to begin with and fruit them directly...

Look around in this forum (mushroom cultivation) for other threads asking questions about monotubs, there's some good links.

--------------------
AMU

OfflineKush44
Stranger
Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: Randomstickynote]
    #11311999 - 10/24/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Randomstickynote said:
I dunno your english didn't seem that bad to me, just seemed you were a little confused on your process. It sounds like you just want to make a straight up monotub, which you can do with a 20 quart container. If you were to spawn to trays and cut them to fit in the bottom that'd be about the same as just spawning into the tub from the start. I guess it would work, just put the sub in the bottom lined with black plastic and then follow any given monotub tek for the build, OR just spawn to the straw/worm castings in the tubs to begin with and fruit them directly...

Look around in this forum (mushroom cultivation) for other threads asking questions about mono tubs, there's some good links.

DAMN.........i owe u alot man i finally cleared my mind and got everything back on track. I am just going to spawn right into tub. I was thinking  had no room to keep all my containers in the dark but i could just buy a box of black garbage bags and put each container in its own bag :tongue:

Damn i dont know y i didn't think of that. Ok well that i got that covered i have just a few more.

Now can i spawn in my fruiting chamber? And how many holes and i looking at for my 20 quart containers. Do i put 4 big holes with polyfill? Thanks all for the help its getting close now

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11312673 - 10/24/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can spawn right in the tubs, just layer straw and spawn, but unlike most substrates, don't worry about straw being light and fluffy. Punch that shit down, pack it in, make sure it's tight, because straw is easy enough for the myc to colonize. If you're doing shredded straw mixed in with at least 40% worm castings though, then just layer it and lightly pat it down in place.

Holes are up to you. People have good success with shotgun style monotubs, but with that setup you'll need to mist and fan a few times a day once it's fully colonized. With a monotub style tub with four large holes on bottom, two to four on top, filled with polyfil or covered with micropore/tyvek, you wont have to fan/mist as often, or possibly not at all (set it and forget it). Either way you'll want to seal it up in a bag while colonizing, no misting or fanning.

--------------------
AMU

OfflineKush44
Stranger
    #11315139 - 10/24/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the help man but one part didn't answer my question. With my setup with the 20 quart containers i couldn't do a shotgun setup as I'm filling the bottom with the bulk and with a shotgun there are holes on all sides so i don't think that would work. And for a mono tub doesn't the container have to be a lot bigger then my 20 quart containers.

So should i just drill a bunch of small holes from the casing up or should i put big holes filled with polyfill? That's the only part I'm lost on.

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11315783 - 10/24/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can straight up shotgun the container because you'll be lining the bottom with plastic/garbage bag, but the bottom holes wont be useful like they would in a shotgun with perlite (air rising, raising RH)

People do grow them in small containers, you'll see a lot of logs of "mini-mono's" but it's the same stuff. I don't know how big your trays were, but if they were bigger than those 20qts you'd still need to find/build a chamber to grow them in. With those 20qts you can layer sub and spawn right at the bottom, and fruit in the same container. Container size doesn't matter, right now I have some of those mini loaf cake trays colonizing. Each one has a little more volume than two pf cakes.

As I said though, the holes are up to you. If you've got multiple, I'd personally try some with large polyfilled holes and some shotgun style to see which ones work best for you.

--------------------
AMU

OfflineKush44
Stranger
    #11318592 - 10/25/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well Doc has a nice mini monotub log that i like but the only problem is that his containers are bigger then mine and i don't know what size drill bit i should use and how to space the holes. So if you can help or if Doc wants to throw in that would be cool. Thanks

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11319678 - 10/25/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh. Yeah, you'll still want either 3/16" or 1/4" holes. A lot of people say they crack their FC with 3/16, but your container might be different. Either will work. Every 2 inches will be fine also, make sure there's a ton.

--------------------
AMU

OfflineKush44
Stranger
    #11321007 - 10/25/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so a 1/4" hole every 2 inches. Now is that for the sides only or the top 2 ?? Im gonna start builing tomorrow im excited

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
    #11321017 - 10/25/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

for an FC yes

mono no

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

OfflineKush44
Stranger
Re: 20 Quart Fruiting Container ( Need Help ) [Re: feelfunny]
    #11321232 - 10/25/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really like the mini mono tub you have pictured. See that's what i was really looking forward but my tubs are 8 inches high so after my 3 inches of my bulk i will have 5 inches for the mushrooms to grow. Now is that enough? When they start touching the lid can i take top off?

Or should i really look into getting different containers? I was thinking of just making 4-6 28 gallon mono tubs. Whats a average yield of a 28 gallon monotub after 3 flushes? thanks

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
    #11321254 - 10/25/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

these are 6qt staked together  how deep is up to you. this was only 2in deep

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract