Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Estonia Flag
Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians)
    #11298587 - 10/22/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello fellow Baltic Sea residents. It has been about 100 years since I was here at the Shroomery, I used to live in Ontario, Canada but now find myself here in Estonia. I have been doing a little digging into what I might find here in Estonia and was quite happy to discover that there should very well be Liberty caps aka Psilocybe semilanceata in the area. I am not going to ask specifics as to where they have been found, but am more interested in general ideas and the typical season etc. Also if anyone has found anything else worth noting. I heard a rumour, actually read in a book that P. cyanascens might also be found here? I suppose gymnopilus spectabilis is also possible as well as Panaeolus subbalteatus too. I would love to any thoughts on the matter especially from those who live in the area. It's been a long time since I've been hunting for anything non-edible, the itch is back.

Cheers

St Thomas

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

Re: Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians) [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #11298685 - 10/22/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello there!

I'm from Finland and I have to say that the Ps semilanceata season in here starts around end of the August and it is ending about this time of year.
In spring you could find P cinctulus, and all along the summer and early autumn too.
I hope this helps you..

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11298697 - 10/22/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OH My GOD!

I can't help you with any info but I am SURE am glad you're back.

:heart:

MM

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

Re: Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians) [Re: Mikael]
    #11298959 - 10/22/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Mikael, what kind of habitats you finding Libs in? I've heard conflicting reports that say they have to be grazed fields ie by sheep, horses etc. Here in Estonia there is though apparently one very popular field, too popular that you won't ever catch me there, next to a school somewhere with no animals on it. I've never heard of P cinctulus, thanks I'll have to look it up. Cheers!

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
Re: Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians) [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11298962 - 10/22/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sveiks!  Estonian hunters!  ha ha ha!

Watch out for the bears on the island!!

lol

==========
1st gen cdn

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11298971 - 10/22/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Mr. Mushrooms... had no idea i'd been missed :wink: Good to be back, won't be here overly often as I have a pretty busy life these days, but I'll certainly stop by from time to time. I'll probably be posting mostly under other ethnos because of my Poppy knowledge :laugh: But I certainly love the hunt :laugh:

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11298980 - 10/22/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Poppies?  I have no idea what you're talking about.  :whistling:

--------------------

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#11299014 - 10/22/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StInvetroThomas said:
Thanks Mikael, what kind of habitats you finding Libs in? I've heard conflicting reports that say they have to be grazed fields ie by sheep, horses etc. Here in Estonia there is though apparently one very popular field, too popular that you won't ever catch me there, next to a school somewhere with no animals on it. I've never heard of P cinctulus, thanks I'll have to look it up. Cheers!

Well most of the libs that I found comes from cow pasture, lawns and even some parks. Pastures are the best places to finding them for sure.
P cinctulus is the same thing as Panaeolus subbalteatus.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11299038 - 10/22/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Did I say poppies? must have read me wrong :wink:

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11299047 - 10/22/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I just looked that up and discovered the same thing, thanks :laugh: Not sure why they have two parallel names but hey, good to know they are around, which I figured they would be. Thanks also for the habitat info.. I hope they are not totally gone yet. Temperature seems ok and we've had a decent amount of rain too.

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11299079 - 10/22/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Not sure why they have two parallel names

Don't ask.

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11303865 - 10/23/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Really, no Estonians on here?

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11303879 - 10/23/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not many.  Some of us have been courting Europeans and trying to make them feel welcome.  This isn't the place it used to be.  For one thing, Anno isn't nearly as active as he used to be though he is still an admin.

German Kahuna is our latest mod, selected just over a week ago.  He's from Germany.  doh

We do have a really active Mexican now though: cactu.  That's something we didn't have before.

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11305428 - 10/23/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, there aren't really so many Estonians out there anyway :wink: Maybe we can get some more Finns or Latvians onto this thread. :laugh:

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#11305460 - 10/23/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not much other Finns around here, unfortunately..

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

#11305846 - 10/23/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Guess it's just you and me then :wink: Found some Gyms today and some inactive but really nice Stropharias :laugh:

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #11305883 - 10/23/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

can I be part of your club? I live in Germany - that's still the baltic...

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery

Re: Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians) [Re: Beege]
    #11306210 - 10/23/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Naturlich! Wilkommen beim Baltic Shroomery Klub :laugh: You probably have a lot more actives in your area though, but no matter. :laugh:

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #11306334 - 10/23/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Danke schön, das ist aber freundlich :grin:

I haven't found any actives here except gyms, not that I've been looking too hard in the active habitats - though I've been paying a bit more attention to grassy fields lately.

more interested in the edibles myself but I find the psilocybes and pans quite interesting as well. I used to find cubes and copes and subbs all the time in florida when I lived there as you can see from my sig :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

Re: Fellow Estonian hunters (or Finns or Latvians) [Re: Beege]
    #11306425 - 10/23/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Are Gymnopilus junonius active in Europe?
I have been reading that maybe its not..
Have anyone tried it, etc?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale