Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
ID request/ Upper Peninsula (again)
    #11305224 - 10/23/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat:
Woods, Unkown trees/ dead.

Gills:
Orange poors

Stem:
Undetermined/ No stem??

Cap:
Waxy, varnished red

Spore print color:
Orange spores

Bruising:
Undetermined

Other information:

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID request/ Upper Peninsula (again) [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #11305249 - 10/23/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ID request/ Upper Peninsula (again) [Re: CureCat]
    #11305278 - 10/23/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm, this is strange news indeed as these look considerably different than the one I had chanced upon earlier in this week. Observe please...

Notice that this mushroom has a very distinct stem. What could cause the lack of a stem for the mushroom in the other picture? Age? I do not understand.

You can see the lack of a stem on the mushrooms in this picture, also notice the SIZE. (Im behind the camera)

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11305300 - 10/23/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They just do that sometimes.  Or don't.  Genetics or environmental conditions could result in different looking mushrooms of the same species.

--------------------

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305310 - 10/23/09 10:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Ganoderma tsugae

I know it looks like it's in a coniferous forest, but the grain of the bark looks like a hardwood to me (though I am a nub in dendrology).

--------------------
]

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID request/ Upper Peninsula (again) [Re: Ieponumos]
    #11305337 - 10/23/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The bark looked coniferous to me.  But if it was in fact a hardwood, then it is G. lucidum.

--------------------

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305350 - 10/23/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
The bark looked coniferous to me.  But if it was in fact a hardwood, then it is G. lucidum.

I am saying I'm a nub, but in comparison with some of the other conifers in the background, it looks different. That's what led me to thinking it's a hardwood. I want to learn much here, so I appreciate the opportunity.

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11305385 - 10/23/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
They just do that sometimes.  Or don't.  Genetics or environmental conditions could result in different looking mushrooms of the same species.

:smile: Thank you CureCat, i appreciate your quick responses.

Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

CureCat said:
Ganoderma tsugae

I know it looks like it's in a coniferous forest, but the grain of the bark looks like a hardwood to me (though I am a nub in dendrology).

Quote:

CureCat said:

Yes, i am unsure as well. I did make sure to include the tree bark this time so as to make the process of identification that much easier. I will poke around on the web and see if i can't zero in on what species of tree it is. I know it isn't Hemlock...

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305408 - 10/23/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:

Yes, i am unsure as well. I did make sure to include the tree bark this time so as to make the process of identification that much easier. I will poke around on the web and see if i can't zero in on what species of tree it is. I know it isn't Hemlock...

The bark reminds me of oak. I also saw what looked like maple leaves on the ground.

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11305423 - 10/23/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I take that back... it may well be a OLD hemlock tree...

Yes you did see maple leaves... there are Oak, Maple (2 or 3 types), Elm, Pine, Spruce, Hemlock... mmmmm, and some others in this area... Poplar, Birch (2 types)... that's all i can think of. As i said, it is a mixed forest.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305488 - 10/23/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:
I take that back... it may well be a OLD hemlock tree...

Yes you did see maple leaves... there are Oak, Maple (2 or 3 types), Elm, Pine, Spruce, Hemlock... mmmmm, and some others in this area... Poplar, Birch (2 types)... that's all i can think of. As i said, it is a mixed forest.

If it were an oak, the root system would be shallow and the whole thing would come up (I've seen it happen before). So I dunno. As I said I am still a nub. So thank you for the correction.

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11305504 - 10/23/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:smile: Glad i could be of assistance... now to figure out how to dry these babies!

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305516 - 10/23/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:
:smile: Glad i could be of assistance... now to figure out how to dry these babies!

I hope to help you in any way I can.

So I've heard the only way short of heating it (if it has a lot of moisture) is silica gel.

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11305584 - 10/23/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a link which tells of 5 or 6 ways to go about this. I decided upon a hybrid method. I have heating vents located on the floor for my house. It's low heat and a VERY dry breeze. I expect it should take less than 48 hours like this and will not degrade the contents of the mushroom. Hopefully this is how it will play out.

Thanks again for the assistance :smile: This site has helped very much. I now know that the forests around me contain a very valuable treasure! :smile:

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305670 - 10/23/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:
Here is a link which tells of 5 or 6 ways to go about this. I decided upon a hybrid method. I have heating vents located on the floor for my house. It's low heat and a VERY dry breeze. I expect it should take less than 48 hours like this and will not degrade the contents of the mushroom. Hopefully this is how it will play out.

Thanks again for the assistance :smile: This site has helped very much. I now know that the forests around me contain a very valuable treasure! :smile:

When I found one it was right on the ground, which may have contributed to the elongated stem. I have an eye that allegedly found another on a white oak, but have yet to remove it.

DON't forget to put foil under it plox. SAEV UR SPOARS

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11305780 - 10/23/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:

When I found one it was right on the ground, which may have contributed to the elongated stem. I have an eye that allegedly found another on a white oak, but have yet to remove it.

OH! I forgot about that! I'll save some from the next specimen I find. I plan on going out right now actually. I would like to collect maybe a few more before the snow's begin to fall. I'll tell my closest friends about these. Hopefully i'll find enough to supply them with enough to make it through the winter (and the N1H1 ordeal)

Where did you find yours?

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11305981 - 10/23/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:
Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:

OH! I forgot about that! I'll save some from the next specimen I find. I plan on going out right now actually. I would like to collect maybe a few more before the snow's begin to fall. I'll tell my closest friends about these. Hopefully i'll find enough to supply them with enough to make it through the winter (and the N1H1 ordeal)

Less than a quarter mile away from my house on a rotting maple log. As soon as the agar comes in I'm transferring and prepping to grow in better conditions. I like the bitter flavor of this fungus, so hopefully its effects will be imparted.

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11307008 - 10/23/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:
Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Quote:

PassiveAgressive said:

Quote:

Less than a quarter mile away from my house on a rotting maple log. As soon as the agar comes in I'm transferring and prepping to grow in better conditions. I like the bitter flavor of this fungus, so hopefully its effects will be imparted.

I see, not very far. I assume you have the proper sterile conditions to do the transfers to agar? I consider you lucky. I've looked into the HEPA filters and they are spendy.

I wonder how the taste will be when grown under artificial conditions. Also i wonder if all of the medicinal properties will transfer well. If the study has yet to be done this could be a chance for you to author some new information :smile: I've read all sorts of studies from all over the world on this mushroom and it would seem that the studies still continue. Such a wonderful organism! :smile: We're lucky to have such things available to us.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11307452 - 10/23/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Can the pores of G. lucidum bruise brown?

--------------------
]

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11317148 - 10/25/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ieponumos said:
Can the pores of G. lucidum bruise brown?

Good question, im not too sure.

I have a question about making tea and the proper dosage of Ganoderma Tsugae. Every time i enter a search on the net it returns commercial nonsense about dry capsules. I would like to know what would be a good rule of thumb when making the tea?

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag