Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesubiedude
SUBIE!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
question on monotub colonization... and other questions
    #11304696 - 10/23/09 09:26 AM (8 years, 6 hours ago)

When you're waiting for your mono-tub to colonize, do you duct tape the holes AND THEN put poly-fill in after colonization is finish?

I guess what im asking is how do you keep co2 up while colonization.

also, is it ok to tape some tyvek over the holes instead of filling em with polyfil? i just recived like 100 envelopes from the post-office so i'd like to put them to use:tongue:

and if i use duct tape around the the tub where the substrate is, do i still need to line the bottom with a black trashbag to avoid side pinning?

and it looks like there will only be about 7-8 inch frome my subrstate level to the lid. will this be enough room for the mushies to grow fully?

Edited by subiedude (10/23/09 09:38 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdonisComplex
Stranger
Re: question on monotub colonization... and other questions [Re: subiedude]
    #11304738 - 10/23/09 09:42 AM (8 years, 6 hours ago)

When you're waiting for your mono-tub to colonize, do you duct tape the holes AND THEN put poly-fill in after colonization is finish?

>>No, polyfil goes in when you make it and stays in place through the entire colonization and fruiting cycle.  When tub is 100% colonized and you expose it to fruiting conditions, you can loosen the polyfil.  The best thing to do would be to remove the polyfil altogether, but you will run into issues with keeping the RH inside the tub high and consistent.

I guess what im asking is how do you keep co2 up while colonization.

>>Stuff the holes nice and tight, and I like to put a black plastic trash bag over the tub while it's colonizing to keep the air in/around the tub still.

also, is it ok to tape some tyvek over the holes instead of filling em with polyfil? i just recived like 100 envelopes from the post-office so i'd like to put them to use

>>Never tried Tyvek on a monotub, from what I've read it's less than ideal though.  Polyfil is the standard.  Use the 'fil.

and if i use duct tape around the the tub where the substrate is, do i still need to line the bottom with a black trashbag to avoid side pinning?

>>Cover up everything so only the surface of the substrate is showing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation