Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Acetominphen
    #11303209 - 10/22/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive been hearing more and more about the dangers of Acetominphen. the thing is i use to take coriciden non stop for like 4 years. the most i took was 72 at one time. i was prob eating about an average of 24 2-3 times a week. there was even a few times where i would go on 3 day binges eating 12 every 2 hours. i would also drink with too.

i know this sounds crazy, but i promise its all true. how fucked is my liver? is there anything out there that could reverse the effects?

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Acetominphen [Re: LeftBehind]
    #11303222 - 10/22/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

your fucked and theres nothing you can do about it.

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

#11303234 - 10/22/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Even though Tylenol(Acetaminophen) most likely does not cause serious liver damage in recommended doses, it can cause elevations of liver enzymes in the blood suggesting injury to the liver. In a study of 145 healthy subjects who were randomized to receive placebo or 4 grams of Tylenol daily for two weeks, subjects in the placebo group experienced no elevations of ALT, a liver enzyme, but 33%-44% of the subjects in the Tylenol group had ALT elevations greater than three times the upper limits of normal. The highest ALT elevation was greater than 500 which is approximately 10 times the upper limit of normal. All enzyme elevations returned to normal after stopping Tylenol. Thus, recommended doses of Tylenol given to healthy subjects for two weeks can cause mild to moderate reversible liver injury. Tylenol, like all other medications should be used cautiously under a doctor's supervision with monitoring of liver enzyme levels.

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: Indubitably]
    #11303281 - 10/22/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The liver is a unique organ. It is the only organ in the body that is able to regenerate... that is completely repair the damage. With most organs, such as the heart, the damaged tissue is replaced with scar, like on the skin. The liver, however, is able to replace damaged tissue with new cells. An extreme example is a patient who suffers an overdose from Tylenol. In this example up to 50 - 60 percent of the liver cells may be killed within 3 - 4 days. However, if no other complications arise, the patient's liver will repair completely, and a liver biopsy after 30 days will appear completely normal with no signs of damage and no scar. However, the long-term complications of liver disease occur when regeneration is either incomplete or prevented by progressive development of scar tissue within the liver. This occurs when the damaging agent such as a virus, a drug, alcohol, etc., continues to attack the liver and prevents complete regeneration. Once scar tissue has developed it is very difficult to reverse that process. Severe scarring of the liver is the condition known as cirrhosis. The development of cirrhosis indicates late stage liver disease and is usually followed by the onset of complications

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11303455 - 10/22/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You should probably go get a blood test done to test your liver functions. It's simple, inexpensive and doesn't take much time at all. Just a vial or two of blood and a weeks wait and you'll know how your liver is doing.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11303471 - 10/22/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

how inexspensive are we talking? i dont have any sort of insurance and my money is limited.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11303503 - 10/22/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

acetaminophen FYI u twat

--------------------

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11303515 - 10/22/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

who the fuck says twat!? :rofl2:

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Florida
    #11303516 - 10/22/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

holy fuck. 72 at one time? the most ive taken at once is 26, and i didnt have very much fun.

im not sure how long ago they changed this. but i remember the active ingredients being dxm and acetaminophen now, its dxm and chlorpheniramine maleate.

not sure if thats better or worse though. i just remember that before when i used to take them alot(alot for me, may seem like nothing to you) and then i went and bought some, they were different.

it could be because i used to steal them, and now i have to buy them from behind the counter.

--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11303525 - 10/22/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No idea. If you have a primary care physician, give them a call tomorrow and ask them how much they would charge for something like that. Around these parts, doctors send you to a company called LabCorp that does all sorts of testing (anywhere from disease testing to drug screens to paternity tests), where they draw the blood, measure the results and report back to the doctor.

So you are probably looking at the initial doctors appointment, the fee for the bloodwork, and then the appointment for your doctor to go over your results.

Now if you have a doctor that you are familiar with, you can probably skip the appointment fees and probably get away with just a nominal charge for the doc to go over your results with you.

But like I said, call up a doc and ask tomorrow. Medical costs vary so much, it would be impossible for me to even guess how much it would cost for you to get it done.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
    #11303530 - 10/22/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There's a natural drug given to chemotherapy patients to help rebuild liver cells, but ultimately it's unfounded and not proven to work medically.... It's essentially Milk Thistle (Herb) with fortifying Vitamins.... I forget what it's called, but it's out there.

Good luck.

--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet

:mushroom2: :beer:

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

#11303536 - 10/22/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks man. i will def look into that, if i make it, ahhh...

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11303590 - 10/22/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have your eyes or skin ever turned yellow?

--------------------

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

#11303601 - 10/22/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if it has it wasnt noticible

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#11304603 - 10/23/09 06:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

With coricidin cough and cold I'd be far more concerned with damage to the heart and brain than to the liver.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Acetominphen [Re: Asante]
    #11304617 - 10/23/09 07:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Coricidin... :facepalm:

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

Offlinefeifen

Re: Acetominphen [Re: gzuf]
    #11305133 - 10/23/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gzuf said:
Coricidin... :facepalm:

QFT

Really? I don't get retards who abuse trip c's when there is robotussin or pure DXM

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #11305161 - 10/23/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LeftBehind said:
The liver is a unique organ. It is the only organ in the body that is able to regenerate

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: feifen]
    #11305297 - 10/23/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im not proud of the shit either. it was all through high school and i couldnt find lsd or mushrooms.

i started using robo for about 2-3 years once i learned thats its a much cleaner safer trip.

im god damn retarded now cause of the tripple c's. that shit was the worst mistake ive made my entire life. i wish i could take the shit back.

i didnt know it effects the heart.

im pretty sure my daily drinking doesnt help the problem either.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Acetominphen [Re: eligal]
    #11305338 - 10/23/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

is this a joke because of that guy ben posting on here?

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: JT]
    #11313260 - 10/24/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

?

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#11313398 - 10/24/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

triple C's didn't have any i thought, just other crap?

--------------------

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Acetominphen [Re: bbl337]
    #11313604 - 10/24/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

has a lot from what im told

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies