Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

% of sickening mushrooms vs edible
    #11302587 - 10/22/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what is edible and what is poisonous...some field guides and many websites use the Amanita muscaria as a good "toxic" example...so what toxic IS is relative.

Not including psychoactive species what would you say is the ratio or percentage of sickening poisonous mushrooms vs. edible mushrooms.
My friend is proceeding to say around 3/4 of mushrooms are poisonous. :shrug:

Sickening including mostly short-term effects: liver damage, kidney damage, fevers, intense vomiting. Comas and death included. I think ya get it

thanks..

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Edited by RonPaulVerm (10/22/09 08:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: % of sickening mushrooms vs edible [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11302592 - 10/22/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

20% toxic
79.8% edible
.2% psychoactive

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: % of sickening mushrooms vs edible [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11302625 - 10/22/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I knew i've seen some numbers like that...
Just curious if ya got any good sources for me. I'm sure you've gotten those numbers confirmed from many different places and it is ever changing

Messing around with wild specimens (holding, printing, touching) freaks others out. I've had multiple warn me about touching mushrooms and then putting my hands on my skin.
I haven't found any research saying there are fungi, not just mushrooms!, sickening from touch

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: % of sickening mushrooms vs edible [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11303263 - 10/22/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When I wander through my work carrying an armful of A.muscaria, lots of people give me the "oh damn, he's gonna die" look.  I just smile and keep on walkin.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates