Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today.
    #11297776 - 10/22/09 05:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I have a molar on the bottom right side that I had cracked over a year ago but otherwise it had been fine. Dude to my financial situation I never got it fixed, but it never hurt so I left it alone.

Fast forward to a few days ago. It starts aching, so I start popping tylenol and ibuprofen like crazy and it keeps the pain at bay. Now this morning I wake up and bam, it's like someones pushing a nail into my jaw. Guess I can't hide it any more, I gotta go to the dentist. Hopefully I can convince them not to pull it. Since it's not the last one in the back I don't want to lose it, but it's pretty fucked up. Only about 50% of the tooth is there and it's held together at the top by a filling.

Oh well, hopefully I can get some opiates for the pain if I can't get an appointment right away. Dentists offices are pretty easy to get to call in scripts for at least Schedule III painkillers. And if I do get an appointment I can look forward to some Halcion for anxiety (I have a huge fear of dentists), some Percocets (cause I know how to work the system) and some Nitrous (cause it's awesome and I haven't had it in years).

Thats the only plus to the dentist. Well that and making the pain go away. I'm tired of filling half my mouth with Orajel and sucking down tylenol.

Wish me luck, hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #11297784 - 10/22/09 05:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

good luck

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: Taco Chef]
    #11297989 - 10/22/09 07:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Got an appt set for 10:30, but they couldn't call in a script for me since they didn't have any of my medical history yet. Oh well, it's not hurting now so I guess I don't need anything for pain.

I was about to pull the fucker out myself a few hours ago though.

Something tells me the rest of my day is going to be SHOT. :frown:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11298112 - 10/22/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ha, I noticed this thread right after I posted mine.

I feel your pain bro, except mine is much worse :tongue2:
You want to talk about costing an arm and a leg... they want like 10 thousand dollars to fix my shit

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11298099&page=0&vc=1#11298099

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: Shroomism]
    #11298899 - 10/22/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

HOLY FUCK dude. That really puts things in perspective for me. Good luck to you, but god damn that's a huge chunk of change.

I just spent the past 3 hours talking to a dentist and an oral surgeon. The dentist told me that I should have the tooth pulled and the oral surgeon told me that I should have a root canal and crown. He said that the roots are still strong and if I have the tooth pulled then the jaw bone will slowly shrink back and pull the adjacent teeth inward, much like a sinkhole. He also said the upper tooth will continue growing down to fill in the hole because now there would be nothing stopping it.

So I could spend $280 now to extract the tooth (with IV valium and nitrous) and have to spend another $3,000-4,000 for an implant to keep shit from getting fucked up. Or I could spend $500-600 for a root canal and temporary crown now and another couple hundred for a permanent crown later and save the tooth without causing damage to the surrounding area.

But on the plus side the first dentist asked me what I wanted for pain relief so I got a couple of 10/325 Percocets with the possibility of multiple refills. :cool:

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #11298908 - 10/22/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Weird, I just got a widom tooth taken out yesterday.

It feels fine. No pain, and no swelling yet. It was growing in all crooked, and rotted. Gross! I wanted it out so bad, since it was starting to hurt to eat.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #11300174 - 10/22/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I figured it would make you feel a little better to know someone had a similar but much worse situation :laugh:

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

So I could spend $280 now to extract the tooth (with IV valium and nitrous) and have to spend another $3,000-4,000 for an implant to keep shit from getting fucked up. Or I could spend $500-600 for a root canal and temporary crown now and another couple hundred for a permanent crown later and save the tooth without causing damage to the surrounding area.

But on the plus side the first dentist asked me what I wanted for pain relief so I got a couple of 10/325 Percocets with the possibility of multiple refills. :cool:

That's basically what I got too on another one of the cracked molars. He said it wasn't as bad as he thought and could be saved with a root canal and crown instead of just yanking it, much much more costly though.  Actually I need that on 3 teeth. And two implants or bridges.. motherfuck!

No doubt when I go in on saturday though that fucker is giving me some percs though.. no way I am getting teeth yanked without some serious painkillers.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #11300234 - 10/22/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in about the same boat as you Shroomism.  Cracked one of my incisors a few months ago while sparring, started falling out in pieces over the next few weeks, now it's starting to get down to the root and starting to hurt like a motherfucker.  But I haven't even got the permanent teeth from the last two root canals/temporaries I had done because it costs too fucking much.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: Jadian]
    #11300250 - 10/22/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Seriously. Fuckers want like 3k to fix 2 teeth, save me jeebus

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#11300296 - 10/22/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think I'm just subconsciously hoping someone knocks the tooth straight out when we're boxing or something because I know the dentures I'll eventually have to get will be far less expensive than all the dental work. :mad2:

I've had it out for my teeth since I was a kid though.  Played hockey, then started training MMA.  Only brushed once a day.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #11300326 - 10/22/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When I was still training, we started wearing masks with a face guard when sparring because I was scared of my front teeth getting knocked out.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11300652 - 10/22/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Seriously. Fuckers want like 3k to fix 2 teeth, save me jeebus

Have you gotten a second opinion? The first dentist I went to was almost certain that I would have to have my tooth pulled, which would require either a bridge or a implant ($3500 minimum). He referred me to an oral surgeon with the impression that he would yank the tooth right away, but the guy talked to me for about 30 minutes about the risks of pulling that particular tooth and how doing a root canal and crown, while more expensive up front, would not only save my tooth (worth it right there), but save me untold thousands of dollars in the future in preventative measures.

Good guy. Too bad he couldn't do the root canal as I'd totally like for him to do it rather than some other schmuck.

Try for a second or 3rd opinion, you might have other options.

Oh and for some reason doctors and dentists always let me pick my painkiller of choice (within reason although I did get 2mg dilaudid a few times from one guy). I don't know what it is about me, but I must have an awesome game. Even though I know just as much about these medications as them, I hold it back to reasonable levels and tell them my personal experiences with them in the past due to prior injuries and chronic back pain.

I'm like the script whisperer. I've been able to get anything I wanted.

It's a blessing and a curse. Especially with the Dexedrine. That shit did a number on me, especially my teeth. :crankey:

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11300961 - 10/22/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

BTW, both of you should fly down to mexico and get everything done for $1,000

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: Neuron]
    #11301034 - 10/22/09 04:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do they do good work, in Mexico?

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#11301117 - 10/22/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Do they do good work, in Mexico?

My girlfriends grandmother goes and gets all her stuff done in Mexico.  Then again we live in Phoenix so it's not such a big trip.

--------------------

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #11301174 - 10/22/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck the oxycontin if he gives you a choice go for Dilaudid.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #11301479 - 10/22/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well I'm in LA so it's not like its far from here either.. I may just have to do that

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#11301492 - 10/22/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Reading this thread encourages me to get full dental coverage.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11301633 - 10/22/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i hope you have dental insurance, that shit is expensive.  But nitrous is fucking awesome, fun drug but not as entertaining when in a dentist office

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Damn, going to have to go to the dentist today. [Re: kechlesurf]
    #11303334 - 10/22/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is when you convince them to set you up with the max ratio and then have them go take a 15-20 minute break or go work on another patient while you listen to music and spiral into infinity.

Last time I had nitrous at the dentist they turned that shit up so high I couldn't even move. I didn't know where I was, who I was, what was happening, or even comprehend that some hot girl was jamming her hands into my mouth and grinding away piece of my teeth. I was FUCKING FLOORED. And I had extensive experience with nitrous before that experience too. It was like 30-40 minutes (total guestimate) of the most intense phish out a person could experience.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag