Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepernifiltrator
Stranger
wild panaeolus cyanescens growth
    #11300707 - 10/22/09 06:00 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Recently I've been going hunting for panaeolus cyanescens in cow pies where I live. Found a really great pasture with cow pies all over it, and is in a very moist area, that gets light rainfall every night. Some of the cow pies were already colonized with mycelium and were even pinning on some. I figured to come back in a couple days to pick some. Upon returning 2 days later, there were no pickable mushrooms, what pinning ones were there seemed to not have grown at all, i was told to return anywhere from 12 hours to 2 days. I live in hawaii also, and we are famous for blue meanies here. Is the pasture in a bad location? maybe too cold? it is kind of high up but all the pastures here are. It seems like a beautiful location for them to grow. I also considered someone already picked them before me because i was told to go as early as 12 hours after it rains. Or is it only after an extremely heavy rain? because it rains early morning and afternoon. Or am I just going too late? Oddly enough while stumbling around the pasture I found 1 panaeolus cyanescens mushroom, and searched for a while through the entire pasture but found just that one. I'm going back in 2 days again, since its pretty far for me to get to.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: wild panaeolus cyanescens growth [Re: pernifiltrator]
    #11300737 - 10/22/09 06:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Check more pastures more often.  Its likely that the pins you saw were not Panaeolus cyanescens.  They may have aborted due to lack of rain.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification