Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine?
    #11299557 - 10/22/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I just convinced my girlfriend not to get it. I will be sending an email out to my family tonight, urging them to weigh their options. (Which I will post here when it is finished)

The WHO has Swine Flu killing a total of 3000 people (the highest estimate I could find) since its emergence over 6 months ago. I can't help but notice this is a minuscule number when the world population is taken into account. Granted, the Flu season is not yet upon us.

I just have a bad feeling about this. We can look at what is going on with Health Care reform that these Pharmaceutical Companies have a tight hold in Washington, couldn't this Swine Flu scare just be a ploy to make billions of dollars? The media is constantly making this out to be a pandemic and what not, but I'm just not seeing it as that. Please share you thoughts.

Hello family,

I’m writing this email because I feel in good conscious I need to. This is in regards to the Swine flu (H1N1) vaccine, which the mainstream media has considered a “pandemic” over the past six months.

First off, according to the WHO (World Health Organization) the Swine flu has killed world wide approximately three-thousand people since its debut over six months ago. Although the CDC (Center for Disease Control) does not quantify deaths from the standard seasonal flu, other organizations put the number near thirty to forty thousand, with hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations in America alone each year. So which of these should we worry more about?

The Swine flu vaccine was rush produced to be ready by this years flu season. The Swine flu has proven to be as mild as the standard flu which we have been living with for decades. If you normally get a seasonal flu shot, you may chose to or not to get one this season. Yet, the evidence and articles I will allude to show the Swine flu vaccination may have more negatives than positives.

Let’s take Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Kent Holtorf’s account of the H1N1 virus and vaccine. Dr. Holtorf says that the severity of the Swine flu has proven to be much less than originally thought, and if you had to choose between getting the seasonal flu and the Swine flu, you may want to choose the Swine flu! He then goes on to conclude that the level of neurotoxins, including Mercury which is twenty-five thousand times the amount considered toxic in foods, make the vaccine too risky, outweighing any potential benefits.
Watch for yourself:

In another report, coming out of Britain, in reference to certain chemicals in the Swine Flu vaccine the article states: “It also contains a chemical called squalene, used to stimulate the immune system to respond to the vaccine. Some scientists believe squalene is linked to autoimmune illnesses including multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.” http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/122228

Even more disheartening is a report by Dr. Joe Mercola, that the Swine flu vaccine may be linked to a nerve disorder known as Guillain-Barre Syndrome, causing paralysis and inability to breath. The doctor also makes reference to the 1976 swine flu vaccine in which:
- More people died from the vaccine than from swine flu
- The vaccine may have increased the risk of contracting GBS by eight times
- The vaccine was withdrawn after just ten weeks when the link with GBS became clear
- The U.S. Government was forced to pay out millions of dollars to those affected
Dr. Mercola states, “Concerns have already been raised that the new vaccine has not been sufficiently tested and that the effects, especially on children, are unknown.”

I wanted to offer an alternative to the “Get the vaccine!” you may be hearing around work or on the TV. The point of this email is not to scare, but the exact opposite. I wanted to shed light on the idea that the Swine flu is no more severe, and actually less scary, than the regular seasonal flu. Big pharmaceutical companies stand to make billions of dollars if everyone gets this vaccine, and it would be naïve to think this money isn’t talking!

To protect yourself from the flu, and any other illness for that matter, one can take simple steps such as eating healthy (especially B vitamins), exercising, staying warm and washing your hands – and perhaps no less important: Seeing through the fear mongering of the network media! Whether you decided to get the vaccine or not, I hope this gives you something to think about. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may care to read it.

Love,
Andrew
Will you get the Swine Flu vaccine?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (10/22/09 01:21 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Edited by c0sm0nautt (10/22/09 05:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11299607 - 10/22/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My school is giving out free H1N1 vaccinations, and anyone at our school who gets vaccinated is entered for a chance to win a TV, so yes I'm getting the vaccine.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #11299634 - 10/22/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the vaccine is NOT FREE. by getting it you're just increasing the demand for the vaccine and giving more profits to big pharma. :thumbdown:

oh and lol at a chance to win a free tv. look in the classifieds and buy a tv for 20$.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11299659 - 10/22/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No. Fuck that. :shrug:

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11299767 - 10/22/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
My school is giving out free H1N1 vaccinations, and anyone at our school who gets vaccinated is entered for a chance to win a TV, so yes I'm getting the vaccine.

My school is as well. They aren't bribing us with TVs though...

Offlinemetalmorph
Pat Badass
Male User Gallery

Loc: So. Maryland
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Cameron]
    #11299780 - 10/22/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Is there any reason not to get it? Or is there any reason to get it?

Please elaborate

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: metalmorph]
    #11299821 - 10/22/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

metalmorph said:

Please elaborate

I thought I heard something about mercury being in the vaccine? And other shit that's not so good.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11299904 - 10/22/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Personally, I think H1N1 has been completely blown out of proportion by the media -- heavily sensationalized for profit. It's just another strain of the flu, and I haven't read anything credible yet to convince me otherwise.

I refuse to let alarmist trends frighten me into a hastily prepared vaccine :shrug:

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Cameron]
    #11299920 - 10/22/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Indubitably]
    #11300017 - 10/22/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nope.
Here's my reasoning -- Call me out if you see a hole in it:
Evolution is about survival.
Vaccinating against a virus is giving it an ultimatum... evolve or die out.
When a virus doesn't really pose a great threat to me (this one doesn't) it is absurd to make such a demand.
I could very possibly create something deadlier by causing the strains that mutate to be the ones that survive and thrive.

It just seems silly to force something relatively benign to quickly mutate, not knowing what may result.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Kickle]
    #11300198 - 10/22/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Viruses aren't alive and therefore cannot die.  Getting a vaccination does not increase the chances of a virus mutating into a stronger strain because mutations are random events; the vaccine will simply kill any H1N1 strain that hasn't mutated into a stronger form.

Reasons to get it:
I don't have time to get sick, nor would I want to if I had free time.

Reasons not to get it:
It costs money (for some)
It takes energy to drag my ass to the clinic to get the vaccine.
...Big Pharma profits?

The choice is yours.  Use that free will wisely.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

Invisiblej_rich
Female User Gallery

#11300429 - 10/22/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is no way I am getting it. I work in a hospital and I am in direct patient care, but there is still no way I am getting the N1H1 virus and I never get the "regular" flu vaccine either. Seriously if people wash their hands and what not properly they should be fine. I agree with getting most vaccines just not this one.

--------------------

InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11300520 - 10/22/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
Viruses aren't alive and therefore cannot die.  Getting a vaccination does not increase the chances of a virus mutating into a stronger strain because mutations are random events; the vaccine will simply kill any H1N1 strain that hasn't mutated into a stronger form.

Reasons to get it:
I don't have time to get sick, nor would I want to if I had free time.

Reasons not to get it:
It costs money (for some)
It takes energy to drag my ass to the clinic to get the vaccine.
...Big Pharma profits?

The choice is yours.  Use that free will wisely.

So, which is it free will, or random events?

--------------------
:hamletmonkey:

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Mnboardin]
    #11300810 - 10/22/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

One day I was painting at a clients house and she was watching a "news report", on fox I believe, and i barely paid attention at first but It started to sound like a commercial.

So then I was just dying to hear it.

And It was a commercial.  An entire hour of Fox news wasting communications and time on selling the public a vaccine which probably does more harm than good.

Who does the Government work for again?  Oh, the people, yea, that's right.

To the OP,  I refuse as well.  Whatever happens, happens.

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #11300830 - 10/22/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not after seeing this video.  Happend a few months ago.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#11300926 - 10/22/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

metalmorph said:

Please elaborate

Reasons to get it- maybe if you have AIDS or something.

Reasons not to get it- Swine flu hasn't killed nearly as many people as the regular flu, only has a mortality rate of .01%, and the injection contains thiomersal, which has about 15,000 times the amount of mercury allowed in a serving of fish, or so I've heard.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #11300951 - 10/22/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

swine flu vaccine in the United States in 1976 when:

* More people died from the vaccination than from swine flu
    * The vaccine may have increased the risk of contracting GBS by eight times
    * The vaccine was withdrawn after just ten weeks when the link with GBS became clear
    * The U.S. Government was forced to pay out millions of dollars to those affected

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11300960 - 10/22/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck getting that shit. :nonono:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineIndubitably
Stranger

Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Poid]
    #11300997 - 10/22/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Are you getting the Swine Flu vaccine? [Re: Indubitably]
    #11301255 - 10/22/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well here is a copy of the email I sent out to my family today... feel free to steal it and send it out yourself:

Hello family,

I’m writing this email because I feel in good conscious I need to. This is in regards to the Swine flu (H1N1) vaccine, which the mainstream media has considered a “pandemic” over the past six months.

First off, according to the WHO (World Health Organization) the Swine flu has killed world wide approximately three-thousand people since its debut over six months ago. Although the CDC (Center for Disease Control) does not quantify deaths from the standard seasonal flu, other organizations put the number near thirty to forty thousand, with hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations in America alone each year. So which of these should we worry more about?

The Swine flu vaccine was rush produced to be ready by this years flu season. The Swine flu has proven to be as mild as the standard flu which we have been living with for decades. If you normally get a seasonal flu shot, you may chose to or not to get one this season. Yet, the evidence and articles I will allude to show the Swine flu vaccination may have more negatives than positives.

Let’s take Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Kent Holtorf’s account of the H1N1 virus and vaccine. Dr. Holtorf says that the severity of the Swine flu has proven to be much less than originally thought, and if you had to choose between getting the seasonal flu and the Swine flu, you may want to choose the Swine flu! He then goes on to conclude that the level of neurotoxins, including Mercury which is twenty-five thousand times the amount considered toxic in foods, make the vaccine too risky, outweighing any potential benefits.
Watch for yourself:

In another report, coming out of Britain, in reference to certain chemicals in the Swine Flu vaccine the article states: “It also contains a chemical called squalene, used to stimulate the immune system to respond to the vaccine. Some scientists believe squalene is linked to autoimmune illnesses including multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.” http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/122228

Even more disheartening is a report by Dr. Joe Mercola, that the Swine flu vaccine may be linked to a nerve disorder known as Guillain-Barre Syndrome, causing paralysis and inability to breath. The doctor also makes reference to the 1976 swine flu vaccine in which:
- More people died from the vaccine than from swine flu
- The vaccine may have increased the risk of contracting GBS by eight times
- The vaccine was withdrawn after just ten weeks when the link with GBS became clear
- The U.S. Government was forced to pay out millions of dollars to those affected
Dr. Mercola states, “Concerns have already been raised that the new vaccine has not been sufficiently tested and that the effects, especially on children, are unknown.”

I wanted to offer an alternative to the “Get the vaccine!” you may be hearing around work or on the TV. The point of this email is not to scare, but the exact opposite. I wanted to shed light on the idea that the Swine flu is no more severe, and actually less scary, than the regular seasonal flu. Big pharmaceutical companies stand to make billions of dollars if everyone gets this vaccine, and it would be naïve to think this money isn’t talking!

To protect yourself from the flu, and any other illness for that matter, one can take simple steps such as eating healthy (especially B vitamins), exercising, staying warm and washing your hands – and perhaps no less important: Seeing through the fear mongering of the network media! Whether you decided to get the vaccine or not, I hope this gives you something to think about. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may care to read it.

Love,
Andrew

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale