Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsychonaut Cid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Cannabis-induced anxiety
    #11299736 - 10/22/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps the title is a bit misleading, as cannabidiol is known to possess anxiolytic properties; however, after smoking relatively dank bud for about a year now, I will frequently have sessions where my perception shifts from focus on external stimuli to internal stimuli.

Basically, I start to seriously dwell on my thoughts. They're often never positive thoughts, and it's mainly social paranoia that emerges, even among a group of friends. I'm not sure if I can actually hear everything properly, but what I do hear is instantly interpreted as someone saying something negative about me, my smoking style, how I can't handle weed or whatever. I misinterpret gestures and facial expressions as being made towards and "against" me, I guess.

I don't even know if that's what they're actually talking about because I'm
a. too confused and high
b. too afraid to actually talk to them sober about it later, lest I sound crazy.

Cocaine does this too me as well; I'm actually certain I've experienced a cocaine-induced psychosis, where I was delusional about the situation I was in. Pretty frightening, and one of the reasons I've since quit that drug.

Combined with alcohol and in a party setting, however, I find that marijuana use definitely, positively enhances my experience. Perhaps attributable to the fact that alcohol is a CNS depressant, helping to relax my state of mind.

Smoked or vaped by itself though, I find that cannabis insists on taking me on some kind of introspective journey, usually for the worse. I know that the people who I'm smoking with have much better things to do and ideas to discuss then pick on me, but I'm hopelessly drawn to thinking that every time.

Ultimately, the best decision seems to be to just quit smoking weed by itself or all together, but I certainly want to enjoy the substance and want to know if any of you have had similar experiences or know how to help me channel my high into something closer to what it once was when I first started to blaze: a giddy, euphoric state; instead of this mental haze that I'm put in.

Ironically, shrooms, which I love, take me on the exact opposite type of mental journey, where I've yet to have a "bad" trip, and always enjoy the philosophical and personal explorations of my inner psyche.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post, but I had to get this off my chest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Cannabis-induced anxiety [Re: Psychonaut Cid]
    #11299989 - 10/22/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Is there anything you do apart from weed that takes your focus away from yourself?

Music does it for me. Whether it be a stereo blasting my favorite album or just my own improv on my acoustic. Music pulls my attention into a different space, outside of my head. Into an abstract space, I guess. It's comforting, and has helped me out of more than a few bad thought loops.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Psychonaut Cid]
    #11299991 - 10/22/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Cannabis-induced anxiety [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11300049 - 10/22/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The weed has turned on you. Time to quit!

--------------------

Offlinehdo3hc

Re: Cannabis-induced anxiety [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #11300293 - 10/22/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just smoke smaller quantities. Smoke a little bit and do something; have a conversation, read a book, listen to some tunes . . . whatever.

Works for me :smile:

InvisibleAmber Trichome

Loc: Black Mountain
Re: Cannabis-induced anxiety [Re: hdo3hc]
    #11302301 - 10/22/09 08:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

introspection isn't bad. if you are having a bad time, there's something under the surface you need to take care of. quit for awhile and figure things out. weed will always be here and love you if you love yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom