Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

Amanita help
    #11298940 - 10/22/09 01:27 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Hullo you fine chaps,

I have a few questions and any help/input would be most appreciated =) I'll list them in points.

1. Are there are any lookalikes for Amanita Muscaria? I have absolutely NO intention of picking anything even remotely resembling a 'bigger mushroom' which isn't A. Muscaria. Not until I'm more learned in this art/science/lark, anyway.- If it's got a red cap with white flecks and swirly gills is it good for prepping/consumption?

2. How long is the average life-cycle of an A. Muscaria - Or is it dependent on weather conditions?

3. Peganum harmala - The article on this site says that these seeds can effectively double A.M's strength. Is this true?

If I think of any more I'll post 'em up =)

Thanks!

FieldsofDanger

--------------------
'So ooh, come take my hand - We're riding out tonight to case the promised land.'

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita help [Re: Dangerfield]
    #11298955 - 10/22/09 01:32 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

1) There aren't any lookalikes to me, but maybe you would consider some mushrooms lookalikes.  Depends on how good at identification you are.  Amanita muscaria doesn't usually have swirly gills.  Better post the pictures here first before eating anything.

2) 5 days

3) P. harmala makes just about any drug twice as strong.  Even beer.  It does a lot of other things too, its probably best to just use it with ayahuasca.  One time I took some and accidentally got really high off of chocolate.

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

Re: Amanita help [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11299006 - 10/22/09 01:45 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Heya!

1) I am a complete noob at ID'ing. The last A.M's I picked had gills which swirled very slightly inwards, and had a slight slant to the left I believe. Ne'er mind, I will post pics up when I harvest them :smile:

2) The A.M's I found were still in the teen stage I think. About one and a quarter times as tall as one's middle finger - Unless you're the Hulk ofc ^^ Their caps were still rounded, and in shape were very similar to Mario 1up shrooms. This was about mid-day today. At a guesstimate, how many days should I leave till gathering them? Bearing in mind that there's a load of rabbit burrows nearby, and I discerned one A.M which had already fallen prey to these dissidents.

3) That's rofl ^^ I take it you don't recommend it, then :wink:

Thanks a lot for the help brother.

Df

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
1) There aren't any lookalikes to me, but maybe you would consider some mushrooms lookalikes.  Depends on how good at identification you are.  Amanita muscaria doesn't usually have swirly gills.  Better post the pictures here first before eating anything.

2) 5 days

3) P. harmala makes just about any drug twice as strong.  Even beer.  It does a lot of other things too, its probably best to just use it with ayahuasca.  One time I took some and accidentally got really high off of chocolate.

--------------------
'So ooh, come take my hand - We're riding out tonight to case the promised land.'

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #11299032 - 10/22/09 01:52 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

This is one of the tell-tale signs of the Amanita muscaria group:

If it wasn't red, yellow, or orange, have white or white-yellow flecks on it's cap, a distinctive ring around the stem and have the shaggy ringed base, I wouldn't even consider it.  That being said since you're new at it, I would really reccomend posting a picture or 3 of the samples to get it confirmed by one of the experts.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

Re: Amanita help [Re: ShockValue]
    #11299082 - 10/22/09 02:03 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Thank you =)

I've seen pics of A.M's, and just remember them as mario shrooms. They're so damn distinctive. I've also looked at pictures of super deth-shrooms in the amanita genus and fortunately found that none of them share the same basic colouration [the only red+poisonous mushroom in the A. genus I've seen so far is a very dull red; without spots. Not easily mistaken for the bright red of A. Muscaria imo]... I've seen a few of what could be destroying angels and I just don't touch them. F that shit.

Is it possible that a different amanita could hybridise with a muscaria? Far-fetched I know, and I'm probably spinning fears out of nothingness but it's a scary thought ^^

Df

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11299118 - 10/22/09 02:10 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

I've seen pics of A.M's, and just remember them as mario shrooms. They're so damn distinctive. I've also looked at pictures of super deth-shrooms in the amanita genus and fortunately found that none of them share the same basic colouration [the only red+poisonous mushroom in the A. genus I've seen so far is a very dull red; without spots. Not easily mistaken for the bright red of A. Muscaria imo]

That is pretty much true.  The dangerous Amanitas are light colored.

Quote:

Is it possible that a different amanita could hybridise with a muscaria? Far-fetched I know,

No.

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

#11299194 - 10/22/09 02:25 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks chief!

Df

--------------------

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

#11299732 - 10/22/09 03:43 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Another question... Was just speaking to an acquaintance who highly recommends against this type of sharoomba, because it's poisonous. I told them that the poison is only really a factor if the mushroom hasn't been prepared [as in it's consumed raw, no drying/boiling/firing up malarky] and a very large number is consumed. For them, it was an absolute no-go. Is their argument without basis?.. I'm going purely on what I've read on this site [which is awesome, btw] and it seems pretty concise.

I'd also like to emphasise the fact that I'm not a crazy scientist trying to breed an army of killer mushrooms; I was just pretty apprehensive at the possibility of seeing an A. Muscaria, thinking 'Mmm!' and writhing on the floor a few days later. [A possibility, which has now been negated thanks to Senor Rockerfeller. In Rock we trust xD]

Df

--------------------

Offlinethecronical
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11299744 - 10/22/09 03:44 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

hey Ive recently bought some  Amanita for the net. they arrived 16 days later lol. they seem to have a very pungent smell is this normal, and also 2 of the 3 caps have a dark center in the middle of the cap are they OK to eat, how should i prepare the for safe eating with minimal nausea. i ve read all sorts about these shrooms and cant decide to eat them or not.. scared lol hope you can help peace.

Offlinethecronical
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11299760 - 10/22/09 03:47 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

I've seen pics of A.M's, and just remember them as mario shrooms. They're so damn distinctive. I've also looked at pictures of super deth-shrooms in the amanita genus and fortunately found that none of them share the same basic colouration [the only red+poisonous mushroom in the A. genus I've seen so far is a very dull red; without spots. Not easily mistaken for the bright red of A. Muscaria imo]

That is pretty much true.  The dangerous Amanitas are light colored.

Quote:

Is it possible that a different amanita could hybridise with a muscaria? Far-fetched I know,

No.

hey Ive recently bought some  Amanita for the net. they arrived 16 days later lol. they seem to have a very pungent smell is this normal, and also 2 of the 3 caps have a dark center in the middle of the cap are they OK to eat, how should i prepare the for safe eating with minimal nausea. i ve read all sorts about these shrooms and cant decide to eat them or not.. scared lol hope you can help peace.

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11299788 - 10/22/09 03:50 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

I would like to say MAOI's can be dangerous with certain drugs. Just wanted to toss it out there so no one gets the wrong idea. I could have sworn about hearing a preparation of ayahuasca including both an MAOI (Banisteriopsis caapi) and Datura, which the consumption of was advised against.

--------------------
]

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

Re: Amanita help [Re: thecronical]
    #11299808 - 10/22/09 03:53 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

I've read that some vendored shrooms are ill-advised to consume, though this may have been influenced by bias.

Put up a pic of the Muscaria's bro, that would help people ^^

Perhaps whacking them in the oven on the lowest setting with the door slightly ajar [or 'cracked' as people say] would work. If the bad shiz is  turned into good shiz at a certain temperature then at a guess, this wouldn't deteriorate from the potency of the mushroom [but you've gotta hit the temp spot on.] Assuming that is the case. If the bad shiz turns to muscarine as a result of water-loss [or a combination of both] then this might prove a problem in regards to re-heating them for safety's sake.

I've never bought 'em, off the net or otherwise, but I guess different vendors do things differently.

Df

--------------------

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

Re: Amanita help [Re: Ieponumos]
    #11299833 - 10/22/09 03:57 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Understood. I think Alan was advising caution in regards to P.H if it had such an effect on someone when they're just munching a twix or something, hah.

Df

--------------------

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11299900 - 10/22/09 04:07 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dangerfield said:
Understood. I think Alan was advising caution in regards to P.H if it had such an effect on someone when they're just munching a twix or something, hah.

Df

Much agreed. But let me assure you I've seen some stupid people have stupid plans with MAOI's before and I just don't want to hear about a similar case again ... You might be surprised how many lurkers take some wrong inferences.

--------------------
]

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

#11299946 - 10/22/09 04:13 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

I read about using P.H in an A. Muscaria document on this site - Which is where I got the idea from. In lieu of certain facts, I think I'll give it a miss. Until Easter, anyway :laugh:

Df

--------------------

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11299972 - 10/22/09 04:16 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dangerfield said:
I read about using P.H in an A. Muscaria document on this site - Which is where I got the idea from. In lieu of certain facts, I think I'll give it a miss. Until Easter, anyway :laugh:

Df

I am interested in consuming A. muscaria (or amerimuscaria) but as I have heard many times I would start with a small dose and work my way up. Personal temperaments and tolerances may vary.

--------------------
]

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11299995 - 10/22/09 04:20 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dangerfield said:

2. How long is the average life-cycle of an A. Muscaria - Or is it dependent on weather conditions?

Remember Amanitas are mycorrhizal. They are dependent on the trees they live upon.

--------------------
]

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

#11300050 - 10/22/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Ok thank you =) And I was talking about the chocolate xD

Df

--------------------

OfflineDangerfield
Stranger

#11300079 - 10/22/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

These answers have just led to more questions, haha. The host tree in question is an oak shrub. Does anyone know how that would affect the mushroom?

Df

--------------------

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11300564 - 10/22/09 05:39 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dangerfield said:
These answers have just led to more questions, haha. The host tree in question is an oak shrub. Does anyone know how that would affect the mushroom?

Df

Not really any host trees which could cause problems per se. There has been a case here and there of problematic host trees (like Eucalyptus as the host) here: "Be cautious with edible mushrooms growing on conifer wood (e.g. Laetiporus and Armillaria), the flavor can be adversely affected and compounds from the wood may produce illness. Never eat anything growing on Eucalyptus trees." ( http://lactarius.com/fungi/edibles_midwest.htm )

--------------------
]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification