Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
So I've got Swine Flu
    #11297307 - 10/22/09 02:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Anyways, basically I've come down with swine flu...
I'm pretty sure this is an obvious answer, but I was curious to see if anyone had tried it before.

How horrible of a time would I have if I tripped tomorrow? It's about to be a long ass day, and I've got a decent amount of cyans sitting here next to me. I had planned on eating them tomorrow morning when I woke up (before I got sick), and just trip my day away. However I'm pretty concerned that my sickness and the mushrooms won't exactly go together very well.

I got super baked last time I had a fever and I felt like I was about to die....but I always get this shitty body high every time I do shrooms so I'm pretty sure the sickness will just amplify the bad qualities by quite a bit.

Anyways, anyone ever tripped while sick?

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: Anthony917]
    #11297318 - 10/22/09 02:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

don't do it
can you think of anything worse than tripping hard and suddenly getting the fear that they're making your body al fucked up with your sickness?

Edited by indica (10/22/09 02:08 AM)

Offlinethomasbe
biased!
 User Gallery

#11297319 - 10/22/09 02:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I reckon give it a miss man, not worth the potentially horrible trip and also it might affect your recovery time as well as how your body deals with the fever.

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: indica]
    #11297359 - 10/22/09 02:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
don't do it
can you think of anything worse than tripping hard and suddenly getting the fear that they're making your body al fucked up with your sickness?

I never have a bad trip mentally, I'm just worried that the physical effects of the shrooms will mix negatively with the physical effects of the fever.
I just don't want to feel like a piece of shit, I can handle my brain.

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

InvisibleArtieFartie
Mind Manipulator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Psychedelic Realm
    #11297593 - 10/22/09 03:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just got over the swine flu, and tripped once on it, it actually helped me feel better, until the trip was over.

--------------------

Offlinezeldareaver
Stranger

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: ArtieFartie]
    #11297822 - 10/22/09 06:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, that sounds like a possible bad trip maybe waiting till your feeling better would do the trick. But hey if your feeling adventurous.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#11297826 - 10/22/09 06:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Don't.

Theres not much more to say about it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11298118 - 10/22/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I actually got swineflu just around a month ago?

Smoking weed sort of helped actually.

But altogether.. it sucked... alot

--------------------
:smile: Y e e t!! :smile:

My Trade List

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: poponon]
    #11298165 - 10/22/09 08:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Swine Flu = latest cool name for the media to call the regular old flu?

i thought you all were supposed to be near death or dead from swine flu

heh... glad you all are doing well! i just think the media is blowing this one out of proportion.

Don't trip when you are sick in my opinion.. I know it's tempting but those mushrooms will be so much better and more rewarding if you take care of your body and heal yourself and then trip.

--------------------
================

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: floatingwater]
    #11298187 - 10/22/09 08:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

DON'T DO IT!! I tripped one time on mescaline when I had MRSA and it was about 10hrs of hell.For some reason the mescaline caused my muscles to tense up and it caused the pain in my leg to intensify by at least 10 times.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: DNBplus]
    #11298204 - 10/22/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

its all media hype..  They figure if they play something enough times that people will believe it.  They want people to think that there is a pandemic is coming.  They want people to get vaccinated.  They want to force people to get vaccinated.  IDK about all that.  Dont think i can trust the government anymore

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: Ogla]
    #11298226 - 10/22/09 08:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

LOL I learned not to trust the Government a long! time ago.

OfflineCaptainTrips
What better time than now?
Male

#11298368 - 10/22/09 09:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anthony917 said:
I can handle my brain.

The moment you start to think this, is when you start realizing you can't :smile: It's like karma, if you just assume you won't have a bad trip, it'll happen soon enough.  Anything can happen, and it's not because you can or can't handle your brain, it's just the nature of the drug. :smile: not trying to be an asshole and nag you or anything, just trying to help :smile:

I'd say it's not worth it, I tripped when I had strep throat once, and the body load was awful.

--------------------
|| All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune; the sun is eclipsed by the moon ||

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #11298372 - 10/22/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anthony917 said:
Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
don't do it

I never have a bad trip mentally, I'm just worried that the physical effects of the shrooms will mix negatively with the physical effects of the fever.
I just don't want to feel like a piece of shit, I can handle my brain.

Sounds like you are underestimating the power of the mushrooms and your mind.

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: Ogla]
    #11298939 - 10/22/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Go ahead and trip while you are sick - the mushrooms have likely been used for healing for tens of thousands of years. Don't expect to feel good the whole time...

Quote:

losfreddy said:
its all media hype..  They figure if they play something enough times that people will believe it.  They want people to think that there is a pandemic is coming.  They want people to get vaccinated.  They want to force people to get vaccinated.  IDK about all that.  Dont think i can trust the government anymore

This is weird to me, as I have been hearing it a lot lately. Do you think there is something in the vaccine or something? LIke some kind of microscopic implant or mind control drug thing?

This is america, and whether or not that means you can trust the government, anybody in this country with available equipment can still obtain a sample of this swine flu vaccine and put it under a microscope or run it through gc/ms to see what's going on.

So there's probably nothing more going on than media fear-mongering and a normal - effective or not - strain specific flu vaccine. I don't really care, I guess.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #11299048 - 10/22/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

swine flu isnt a threat. its a scare tactic.

--------------------

OfflineLittleman

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11299395 - 10/22/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i ate some libs last weekend when i had a bit of a rotten cold.
was really nice for the first couple hours but it completely drained me of energy by about 3 hours in. was just lying on my bed basically unable to move. did have a couple of prangy thoughts about it messing my body up with my ilness by incerasing metablism letting the virus get spread around faster etc.
but mostly just felt completely zombified.
wait till youre better and theres nothing holding you back from enjoying your trip to the fullest potential.

also this:
Quote:

Sounds like you are underestimating the power of the mushrooms and your mind.

even if you are normally very headstrong, illness can put in much more of a delicate mental state without you realisng it.
combined with negative physical feelings,  throw some powerful psychedelic chemicals in the mix and it could be a baaaaadddd idea.

--------------------
"Well Right after the 4th hit he was so far gone he puked all over him self. He had no clue that he threw up on him self and was finger painting in it on his stomach."
- Mudnpool

NZ Psilocybe Hitlist:
Subaeruginosa-Weraroa-Semilanceata
-Subsecotioid - Angulospora - Tasmaniana - Alutacea

Edited by Littleman (10/22/09 01:04 PM)

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: Littleman]
    #11299511 - 10/22/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Iv taken cactus when I was congested with mucous and it made a thick layer of salty phlegm. Psychedelics increase mucous production so they might trap the shit your lungs are trying to rid themselves of. Iv had a really bad lung reaction with shrooms and acid. I was nearly choking

My advice would be to make a nice 1.5 firecracker and get some good sleep. Vitamins, water,water,water, and food. Maybe even try something semi physical depending on how you feel.

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: Littleman]
    #11299575 - 10/22/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Eh. I've tripped on acid... at least two times, perhaps three, while sick, sometimes violently so, and done mushrooms once while I had a terrible fever. I guess there was a number of reasons I chose to do so; simple curiosity as to whether there'd be a difference, hoping to see whether I could gain any insight into the diseases while in an altered mind state, and a perhaps slightly foolish hope to cure myself with them.

The 7 acid hit while I was violently sick was a fantastic experience, but it was also only my third or fourth time doing so, I think? The 1 hit while I was sick wasn't too spectacular, but I was better the next day. Not sure if it contributed in any way. The mushrooms was taken five days into a really terrible, 104+ degree fever that I was sure was some sort of spiritual sickness (humor me ;P), and it was interesting. Not enjoyable, but interesting. I was better in the next few days, but that could've just been the fever breaking naturally.

One way or another, my advice is: if you're doing this *purely* recreationally? Wait on it until you're better. If you're feeling adventurous, or truly want to see if it has a beneficial effect on your health, try it with a prepared mind. At least from my anecdotal experiences, it won't do any harm, and there's sure to be other dumb fuckers like me who've done it who're still breathing. Just don't go into it with the mindset of only wanting to get fucked up.

Edited by NineStorms (10/22/09 01:26 PM)

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: So I've got Swine Flu [Re: NineStorms]
    #11299650 - 10/22/09 01:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In theory psychedelics can boost your immune system through what they call "peak experiences." Same principle as laughter being good for your immune system.

That said, it may not be a whole lot of fun in the meantime. And if you have any kind of flu I can see mushrooms causing some serious nausea issues.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale