Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShrazoom
Stranger
Does Repeated Drug Use Prevent Growth?
    #11296281 - 10/22/09 12:41 AM (8 years, 18 hours ago)

If anyone asked this question even a year ago, I would have shouted the answer "NO! Of course not! Not at all!" And while I expect many persons on this message board will have the same emotional reaction, I think the question is good and deserves to be thoughtfully considered.

Every drug has its own unique effect on the human mind and body, and since in this thread I'm not attempting to exhaust the nature of each one, I would like to make a broad sweep across the most controversial spectrum of drugs in our world with regards to personal change and growth, which are hallucinogens, entheogens, psychotropics, psychedelics, et cetera.

From my personal experience, I can testify that learning and change within the personality may occur super-fast at a rapid rate. The mystical experience is so profound, it cannot and should not be limited to sheer emotion. There is tremendous power, specifically with Psilocybin mushrooms, to unearth dormant, positive energy that lays within the person, to the point that the man may actually become more sensitive, intelligent, and emotional in the immediate experience, and in ways after the experience, though not nearly to the same extent.

But if the substance is sought for again, and again.. and again, then what is observed is very simple: the substance is being treated much like humans (and animals) treat food. What then is the result? If anyone ever fasts, they will learn quickly how dependent the body's homeostasis on food. Emotional dependency sets in.

But with many Psychedelics this doesn't have to be the case. Or does it? There is something greater going on than mere homeostasis. Or is there? Apparently psychedelic experiences are so large and luminous that the user can go days, weeks, months, or years without doing it again. The user feels no physical compulsion to repeat the experience. But for whatever reason, some who have dipped themselves in the psychedelic experience are emotionally drawn back again.

If someone takes a drug, and they find themselves to have experienced some benefit, and so they return to repeat use, what happens? To answer that, the benefits have to be understood. Unfortunately, for a small thread, we can't go through the multiple and various benefits of psychedelics. But we can consider the overall idea.

Whatever the benefit, one thing that can be clearly drawn is that the user is depending, in some measure or degree, upon a substance, for that benefit, or the time of that benefit (how quickly the benefit comes). Is there something intrinsically wrong with, in some ways, depending on substances? I think the majority of people would be willing to say, No, it's not wrong, and I agree.

But is there a limit to our relationship with drugs that, once passed, becomes unhealthy and barricades the user from further development? That is our original question, with an added element.

But the answers can't be found so easily. Why is the person using that particular drug? What benefit is derived from its use? And could that benefit be found elsewhere? It is difficult to answer the question of whether anyone's use of drugs is truly beneficial unless we first come to understand what life is, how humans are designed to live, and what needs must be met to encourage the greatest potential and the highest joy (not just for the individual, but for all others around them). Because life simply is not this wonderful, and we barely have the essence of things (of ourselves!) figured out, we cannot possibly come to the conclusion of where the line must be drawn.

But I will advocate (along with many) that if the world were perfect, and all things whole, the use of drugs would be absolutely unnecessary. But for now, we need healing, to be made whole, to grow and head toward that which is perfect.

So the question becomes, do psychedelic drugs play a part in accomplishing this? My experiences with them tell me they do. But consider this: a car accident almost kills a man, and from it he comes out alive and realizes that some things must change in his life, for the better. Should we then say the car accident is fully responsible? Did the car accident endow the man with knowledge? Or simply did the car accident play a part in bringing the man to his senses, and in this state, the man felt what he already knew to be true, he already knew within himself to be true. The car accident didn't give the man knowledge, it merely brought him to his senses. I think the same can be applied to psychedelic drugs. They don't give knowledge, but they bring a man to his senses, and in that state, the man may discover anew what he already had known, hence the infamous feeling of remembering something, rather than learning it, especially with shrooms.

My point there is, just because something proves beneficial doesn't mean necessarily that it should be repeated. That would not be a good argument, as the illustration above demonstrates.

Therefore, it is reasonable to say that drugs aren't good just because they aren't physically addictive, nor because they accomplish good. So the question becomes... What factors determine whether drugs are good, healthy, balanced, and should be sought for.. and are not on the fringe of arresting our personal growth toward the truest, most powerful, and beautiful maturity that our father's only hinted glimmers of here and there, becoming men and women who walk the earth with sincere hearts and unshakable lives.

In conclusion thus far (though not quite), there is risk involved in using drugs, just as treading unknown waters. Fifty years later, after filling your life with choices made, you still may not have found yourself. Who then, were you? Who then, are you, the day you die?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Does Repeated Drug Use Prevent Growth? [Re: Shrazoom]
    #11296540 - 10/22/09 01:13 AM (8 years, 17 hours ago)

NO. quit asking dumb questions.

--------------------

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

Re: Does Repeated Drug Use Prevent Growth? [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11296822 - 10/22/09 01:50 AM (8 years, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
NO. quit asking dumb questions.

Not really a dumb question at all...

Anyway, I think you might be onto something.

I think that as soon as somebody uses drugs for a purpose other than personal improvement or a deeper understanding of something, growth is lost.

But then once these reasons are re-established, growth is possible again.

I suppose things comes back to "drugs are what you want them to be". I think.

I think that makes sense.

EDIT: Discard the second sentence. Way too limiting.

Edited by Fortius_Penguin (10/22/09 01:52 AM)

OfflineShrazoom
Stranger
Re: Does Repeated Drug Use Prevent Growth? [Re: Fortius_Penguin]
    #11319472 - 10/25/09 06:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The question isn't whether one uses drugs for personal growth, but if drugs can be used as catalysts for true growth long term. "NO. Stop asking dumb questions" is the typical loser response, and apparently most members of the shroomery side with this mentality, and are not interested in growing, or thinking for that matter, if it doesn't involve drugs. The idea of life without drugs?? Absurd! :rolleyes: If that is the case, then this thread has answered my question. Nothing personal, mates.

--------------------

Offlinefeifen

Re: Does Repeated Drug Use Prevent Growth? [Re: Shrazoom]
    #11319546 - 10/25/09 06:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Drugs CAN HINDER but not prevent growth(besides hormonal drugs that actually fuck with your body, like steroids)

Amphetamines slow down the body growth process but does not prevent you from growing to where you should be

I'm sure there are other drugs that CAN fuck with you but to be honest you won't be off much..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience