Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Kava Kava

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Kava and chamomile
    #11295866 - 10/21/09 11:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So, i've been taking about 2-3 doses daily of 705mg of kava (210mg Kavalactones) and 700mg of chamomile in each dose. so like 2115mg of kava and 2100mg of chamomile daily. for a couple days.  So far its fuckin awesome.

but what I'm wondering about is there anything to be concerned with health wise? like could i continue doing this for an extended period of time?

(yes the kava I'm taking is made from only the roots)

Also, why in the FUCK are psychiatrists not telling their patients about this stuff? Seriously, this combination is almost as good as xanax.  honestly, it is ridiculous that i hadn't heard anything about this stuff from any of the various psychiatrists and psychologists i've seen over the years.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11296064 - 10/22/09 12:15 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
So, i've been taking about 2-3 doses daily of 705mg of kava (210mg Kavalactones) and 700mg of chamomile in each dose. so like 2115mg of kava and 2100mg of chamomile daily. for a couple days.  So far its fuckin awesome.

but what I'm wondering about is there anything to be concerned with health wise? like could i continue doing this for an extended period of time?

Also, why in the FUCK are psychiatrists not telling their patients about this stuff? Seriously, this combination is almost as good as xanax.  honestly, it is ridiculous that i hadn't heard anything about this stuff from any of the various psychiatrists and psychologists i've seen over the years.

Thats fucking an insane dose of both :rofl2: Im surprised your not sleeping all the time. As for supplemental medication its hard to say. These things are loosely controlled. I seriously suggest being careful with both though. Luckly they have very little negative side effects and your probably fine, but youll develop a minor addiction to the Kava at least if your using it to keep anxiety at bay.

Luckly it will only be psychological though..... my guess anyway :shrug: You are right though, Kava kicks ass

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (10/22/09 12:16 AM)

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#11296121 - 10/22/09 12:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ya I told my drug counsellor I was going to start taking kava and I was kind of surprised he knew what it was, he had to ask me what it was for though. I told him I did speed before and then later on I mentioned meth, he was like ??? and it turned out he considers speed to mean MDA. So due to how misinformed he seemed at points I didn't expect him to have heard about kava at all.

Then my psychologist told me to smoke less pot, even if I'm only doing it on the weekend. Buy 1/4 instead of 1/8th she said. :tongue2:

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11296492 - 10/22/09 01:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wysefool said:
Ya I told my drug counsellor I was going to start taking kava and I was kind of surprised he knew what it was, he had to ask me what it was for though. I told him I did speed before and then later on I mentioned meth, he was like ??? and it turned out he considers speed to mean MDA. So due to how misinformed he seemed at points I didn't expect him to have heard about kava at all.

Then my psychologist told me to smoke less pot, even if I'm only doing it on the weekend. Buy 1/4 instead of 1/8th she said. :tongue2:

hahahaha how can these people know so little about what they're supposed to be treating people for?

i just recently found out (from a more qualified doctor) that the medication my psychiatrist put me on for anxiety barely treats anxiety. wtf?? seriously its rediculous.
Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

Thats fucking an insane dose of both :rofl2: Im surprised your not sleeping all the time. As for supplemental medication its hard to say. These things are loosely controlled. I seriously suggest being careful with both though. Luckly they have very little negative side effects and your probably fine, but youll develop a minor addiction to the Kava at least if your using it to keep anxiety at bay.

Luckly it will only be psychological though..... my guess anyway :shrug: You are right though, Kava kicks ass

yeah, i take vyvanse every day for ADHD so (unfortunately) i'm kinda wired 24/7. so i used to smoke weed to counteract this but my psychiatrist told me to try quitting weed to control my anxiety. the anxiety didnt get any better (worse even since i wasnt smoking to counteract it) but i decided i like not smoking more than smoking (just cuz i feel so much more clear headed) so Kava is my latest method of self medicating.

i think i'm okay with an addiction as long as the thing i am addicted to honestly helps me, is readily available, and pretty cheap. so a kava addiction wouldnt be that bad. plus i know i would be able to break it i mean how hard can it be to quit kava, right? i've quit smoking before (cigarettes and weed, both of which i am/was some what addicted to).

the purity thing is of concern though. i'm thinking in the future i'll just order the root and grind it up and make tea myself.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11296503 - 10/22/09 01:08 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

careful w/the kava. Most things ive read say to not use continually past 1-2 months without taking a 4+ week break in between.

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: upinthetrees]
    #11296518 - 10/22/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

upinthetrees said:
careful w/the kava. Most things ive read say to not use continually past 1-2 months without taking a 4+ week break in between.

even if you're only taking the root (which has been proven not to cause liver damage)?

--------------------

~William S. Burroughs

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#11296520 - 10/22/09 01:11 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
Quote:

Wysefool said:

hahahaha how can these people know so little about what they're supposed to be treating people for?

i just recently found out (from a more qualified doctor) that the medication my psychiatrist put me on for anxiety barely treats anxiety. wtf?? seriously its rediculous.
Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

StaleShrooms said:

yeah, i take vyvanse every day for ADHD so (unfortunately) i'm kinda wired 24/7. so i used to smoke weed to counteract this but my psychiatrist told me to try quitting weed to control my anxiety. the anxiety didnt get any better (worse even since i wasnt smoking to counteract it) but i decided i like not smoking more than smoking (just cuz i feel so much more clear headed) so Kava is my latest method of self medicating.

i think i'm okay with an addiction as long as the thing i am addicted to honestly helps me, is readily available, and pretty cheap. so a kava addiction wouldnt be that bad. plus i know i would be able to break it i mean how hard can it be to quit kava, right? i've quit smoking before (cigarettes and weed, both of which i am/was some what addicted to).

the purity thing is of concern though. i'm thinking in the future i'll just order the root and grind it up and make tea myself.

My understanding is the root itself is perfectly safe. However the method of preparing it doesnt involve actually drinking the root itself. However When I did drink the root it worked 100x's better. I wonder how much is safe to ingest.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
    #11296539 - 10/22/09 01:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
Quote:

upinthetrees said:

even if you're only taking the root (which has been proven not to cause liver damage)?

honestly I don't know but I'd say like with anything else you should take a break once in awhile to let your brain function at a (closer to) 'normal' level.

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11296559 - 10/22/09 01:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080222111446.htm

i have heard about kava causing liver damage, so maybe refrain from using it every day and only use it when you need to. chamomile is :awesome: though. if you have dried chamomile flowers, i'd suggest smoking it in a joint. it's probably not healthy but it's relaxing and tastes very good.

*edit* people beat me to the liver damage part.

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: JT]
    #11296712 - 10/22/09 01:34 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JT said:
chamomile is :awesome: though. if you have dried chamomile flowers, i'd suggest smoking it in a joint. it's probably not healthy but it's relaxing and tastes very good.

haha i am so going to try that this weekend. except with powder, cuz i dont have the flowers.

--------------------

~William S. Burroughs

Offlinetripcat
tripper
Male User Gallery

#11315876 - 10/25/09 02:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

none of the liver damage stories are proven. but the above ground parts of the plant contain chemicals that have reproduced the toxic liver effects.

also, make sure you use either pure root powder or water based extracts. there are some theories that the alcohol tinctures can cause liver problems.

and if you take chamomile over a long period of time, it can cause allergies to the chamomile and gets you kinda sick.

i recommend using just kava, as chamomile doesn't do a whole lot anyway

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: Kava and chamomile [Re: tripcat]
    #11318904 - 10/25/09 04:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JT said:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080222111446.htm

i have heard about kava causing liver damage, so maybe refrain from using it every day and only use it when you need to. chamomile is :awesome: though. if you have dried chamomile flowers, i'd suggest smoking it in a joint. it's probably not healthy but it's relaxing and tastes very good.

*edit* people beat me to the liver damage part.

dude i tried this this weekend. dumped a chamomile capsule on a small bowl of weed and it was awesome. just super calming and enjoyable.

Quote:

tripcat said:

i recommend using just kava, as chamomile doesn't do a whole lot anyway

idk, the chamomile seems to have an effect on me (smoked or just swallowed) maybe its just placebo tho. either way, it helps :shrug:

--------------------

~William S. Burroughs

Offlinetripcat
tripper
Male User Gallery

#11319433 - 10/25/09 06:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

okay, well stop taking it if you start getting sick.

i read somewhere that too much chamomile over a long period can cause hay fever

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #11319480 - 10/25/09 06:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I love chamomile tea, puts me to sleep effectively.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Kava Kava

Community >> The Pub