Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Florida
tattoos
    #11295651 - 10/21/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what kind of tattoos do you have, or do you plan on getting? and what do they represent?
feel free to post pictures if you want.

i want a nice, medium sized tattoo, and i just want to see what the inspiration is for other peoples tats. i dont want something that just looks cool though, i want it to actually represent something.

i have one tattoo. its two chinese characters on the left side of my chest. its my mothers name in chinese(she is chinese) and she past away 5, almost 6 years ago, and i got the tattoo on her birthday. i got it on the left side of my chest to symbolize that she will always be close to my heart.

--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: tattoos [Re: Bozeman]
    #11295793 - 10/21/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whatever you do, NO MORE CHINESE SYMBOLS/CHARACTERS!

that cliche has been dead and buried in the ground.

with that said.

I have a Mayan symbol of the hunab-ku on my left chest pec.
it is similar to a "ying yang" in some aspects of the symbolism, it is also a symbol representing the marking of the creator god in the ancient Mayan religion

and a wolf howling at a moon on my right sholder.
it represents a...

well a wolf howling at the moon. lol.

a tribute to my love of dogs.
and reminiscent of my wolf at home.

her name is Lady Guivevere
this is how she says cheese for the camera lol

Edited by dkamp18 (10/21/09 09:45 PM)

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: dkamp18]
    #11295824 - 10/21/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i dont really care if its dead and buried in the ground. its my moms chinese name, who happened to pass away. its a memorial tattoo, not a "ooh i'm so cool because i got chinese characters on me" tattoo

--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

#11295844 - 10/21/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cool cool.

sorry to hear that, i didn't mean to offend.

was your mother chinese, or is it just a translation?

Edited by dkamp18 (10/21/09 09:48 PM)

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#11295998 - 10/21/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

my mother was chinese, but my fathers white, so that makes me half chinese.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
    #11296024 - 10/21/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If I was ever gonna get a tattoo It would be a large old looking spooky tree with something carved in the bark on my back. Chances are I'll never get a tattoo though.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Invisible504
dontlookatmewhenimlookingatyou
Male

#11296035 - 10/21/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

older pics but meh

have quite a few more now

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male
Re: tattoos [Re: pmb]
    #11296037 - 10/21/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I got a tattoo. Could never decide what to get, but one day said fuck it and got one on a whim. I dont regret my decision. Has the 3 things that inspire me most Buddhism, Christianity, and Drugs :onfire:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: 504]
    #11296062 - 10/21/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

504 said:
older pics but meh

have quite a few more now

504 do you live in or around new orleans?
i dig the neck tat btw.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Invisible504
dontlookatmewhenimlookingatyou
Male

#11296106 - 10/21/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

used to ..till katrina..then i moved back for only 6 months...then had to come back up to the northeast to help some family members out.

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: 504]
    #11296135 - 10/21/09 10:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

504 said:
used to ..till katrina..then i moved back for only 6 months...then had to come back up to the northeast to help some family members out.

ahh, i grew up in baton rouge, katrina didnt really effect us much, cept for loss of electricity for a day or two. and the overwhelming amount of black people put into our schools. lmao. dont live there no more though.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

#11296352 - 10/21/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I got my first tat at 3 years ago.  Among others I wanted, I picked a medium-large design that was most important to me because I figured if I pussied out or something, I sure as hell wasn't going to run around with a half-done tattoo. 

^^^^  OOOLLLDD picture.

It's about 8in x 8in, the Moravian eagle.  And no, not Moravian like the relijun.  In my country, it is legal to possess and cultivate psychoactive mushrooms, you just can't sell them.  :mushroom2:  :thumbup:  Yeah, we know what's up.

In addition I also have a pair of sparrows on my feet, although it's a ghetto tattoo done with india ink and it's only the outlines.  Poorly done and I have plans to get them covered up/reworked but no cash to go to my favourite local artist atm.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #11296411 - 10/21/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I got a big cobra tattoo'ed on my right arm, I got it in China, same day I lost the CEO's mobile phone cause I was all fucked up in Dongguan partying with Chinese girls.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: tattoos [Re: starfirex]
    #11296581 - 10/21/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a stencil of a bike and some small but heavy blackwork.

I plan on getting alot more heavy blackwork w. negative spacing + geometric shapes.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: tattoos [Re: PDU]
    #11296788 - 10/21/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

First one on left outer calf:

second one on right inside forearm in regular light:

Under black light:

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

OfflineTurky
Wandering in awe

Re: tattoos [Re: PDU]
    #11296816 - 10/21/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is mine, it's a Buddhist Mantra. Om Mani Padme Hum. It also has Hrih in the center.(Google it if you want to see what it means, It doesn't translate very well to English. Takes a few paragraphs to explain the significance.)There are a lot of Buddhist teachings that just make a lot of sense to me. This tattoo kind of represents my change in perception of the world. It went from a view of society being superior to a place where we are all one. I now see society as being something of no importance. I see it as being a race to death, another day in the office, more traffic jams, and more materialism. It's hard to stay separate from it, always seems to drag me back in little by little. This tattoo just reminds me of the time where the world became unbearably fucked up for me. The more I think about life, psychology, the cosmos, the more fucked up it gets. The more knowledge, the less understanding.

(Sorry for the shitty picture, it was from my webcam on my computer.)

--------------------
~Our goal is to discover that we have always been where we ought to be~ Aldous Huxley

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

Re: tattoos [Re: zombi]
    #11296949 - 10/22/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice, zombie -- the Hess piece and the UV ink.  I have toyed with the idea of UV ink for a few years, I am glad to see more people with inkwork that hasn't turned into some crazy nasty discoloration.  Do you know what brand of ink was used?  I know for sure I want to get a small piece in UV on the inside of my wrist, and possibly part of a backpiece, since although I love visible tattoos in my professional goals it's frowned upon.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: eviscerated]
    #11301484 - 10/22/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

uv tat is badass.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Invisiblevisions

Loc: utopia
    #11301582 - 10/22/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Got this done a little over a year ago
more to come when the times right

--------------------

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: tattoos [Re: visions]
    #11301647 - 10/22/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i wanna get one word tattooed on me. in a place where i can see it. because the word represents something that i have difficulty keeping in mind. i'm working towards it being second nature. but i'm not close yet, but making progress. so i want it somewhere were i can see it to remind me every day, and when i need strength to pull myself towards this goal.

its only one word, but i think having a word tattooed on me would be kinda lame so i'm trying to figure out a way to obscure it so only i can figure out what it says.

sorry for the vagueness i just didnt want to share my word :tongue:

(it isnt enlightenment. and its not something dumb like "strength" either)

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #11302095 - 10/22/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a celtic tree of life on my back between my shoulder blades, much like this one w/o the green border, about 4 in in diameter.

its part of a larger design i have in my head, once i get the money for the ink.

Basically going to have celtic knots spread around my back/shoulders and as the go down my arms, they turn into vines, forming sleeves to just above my elbows. I want the designs on my back to wrap around a few other images but i havent finalized what all i want.

Ive been bouncing the idea around for a few years, i really want to hide the names or molecules of ethenogens that have changed my life, into the vines.

If i cant fit them into the vines, ill place them elsewhere, possibly forearms or my caffs.

Most of the work im going to have my brother design, since hes been into art/drawing for many years.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineGeorgieBoy
Gibbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: GR, MI
Re: tattoos [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #11302378 - 10/22/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this pic is like from the first day i got it. its the nirvana album cover from their cd In Utero. i got it mainly to thank my mom for bringing me into this world. but it also helps that nirvana has been my favorite band since i was 5.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: tattoos [Re: GeorgieBoy]
    #11302734 - 10/22/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineGeorgieBoy
Gibbs
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: Silversoul]
    #11302828 - 10/22/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

those tattoos are very colorful man, i dig it!

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: tattoos [Re: GeorgieBoy]
    #11303413 - 10/22/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

here is mine on my left chest pec, don't have the actual pic will take one in the morning.

it's the hunab-ku  (google it)

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#11303534 - 10/22/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im thinkin about getting this fish with the sun part of the second picture above it, and the rays going behind he fish. ill have to draw it out myself though because i dont trust tattoo artists to freehand with a needle.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

#11303610 - 10/22/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

get them to freehand a stencil. sometimes they charge more, but it is usually worth it if they are actually an artist worthy of a needle

Invisiblelaska
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: California
    #11303770 - 10/22/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

working with the tattoo artist would be my suggestion. Since it's going on your body your in charge of exactly how you want it to look but the artist might have some suggestions to make it great on the skin.

I think it's great you got something to remember your mom by. I think part of getting tattoos is to express something you feel or want to remember and means allot to you regardless of what others think of it.

I'd like my next tattoo to be some red poppy flowers with lettering - "laska" - meaning love in Czech to remember my grandmother and part of my culture.

--------------------

OfflineToxiegirll
Othyem's Wife
Female

Loc: Michigan
Re: tattoos [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11303808 - 10/23/09 12:00 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a Halloween themed half sleeve, because it's favorite time of the year:)

And a few other misc. tats.

OfflineModified_Evolution
Comfortably Numb
Male

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Re: tattoos [Re: Toxiegirll]
    #11306652 - 10/23/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Once I get home, I'll post pictures. However I have over 100 hours of tattooing.

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."- Bill Hicks

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: tattoos [Re: eviscerated]
    #11326814 - 10/26/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

eviscerated said:
Very nice, zombie -- the Hess piece and the UV ink.  I have toyed with the idea of UV ink for a few years, I am glad to see more people with inkwork that hasn't turned into some crazy nasty discoloration.  Do you know what brand of ink was used?  I know for sure I want to get a small piece in UV on the inside of my wrist, and possibly part of a backpiece, since although I love visible tattoos in my professional goals it's frowned upon.

hey thanx. i love my ink, and thats all that really matters to me, but its always nice to hear that other people can appreciate them too. and thats pretty cool you recognized hess. he is my favorite artist, next to alex grey of course.

im not positive on which ink was used but im about 80 percent sure it was skin candy. i do remember it was damn expensive though.

i got that tat done in uv ink for the same reasons and i love it. if i look close in regular light i can see the tattoo, it looks like light scarring. as long as i know its there im happy.

i'd love to get some uv colors for my next one. just to give it some extra pop you know?

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: tattoos [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11326887 - 10/26/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have an idea for a tatoo:

A big green pot leaf with a depiction your top five favorite other drugs on it (one on each leaf).

Mine would be a pot leaf :happyweed: and the leaves would have (from left to right) a tongue with a tab of LSD :lsd: on it, a trippy mushroom :mushroom2:, a cactus :cactuar:, the DMT molecule :w0ahhhhmahnnn: and an E pill :xtc:.

That's the basic design, I'd probably want it spiced up a bit, but I like the general idea. Thoughts?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: tattoos [Re: teeter]
    #11326978 - 10/26/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

teeter said:
I have an idea for a tatoo:

A big green pot leaf with a depiction your top five favorite other drugs on it (one on each leaf).

Mine would be a pot leaf :happyweed: and the leaves would have (from left to right) a tongue with a tab of LSD :lsd: on it, a trippy mushroom :mushroom2:, a cactus :cactuar:, the DMT molecule :w0ahhhhmahnnn: and an E pill :xtc:.

That's the basic design, I'd probably want it spiced up a bit, but I like the general idea. Thoughts?

how old are you? (not insulting, just wondering)

thats definitely a potentially regrettable design, especially if it isn't in a good spot to hide.

just a pure testament to drugs, isn't a brilliant image you might want to keep in the future

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #11327115 - 10/26/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My idea for my first tattoo is going to be a half sleeve on my left arm. I see mushroom monsters when I trip, and the next time I do (it's been a year or more now) I'm going to try to get a basic sketch down and work with a real artist from there to capture the imagery better.

I want to take the mushroom being and have it in the center, and around it will be patterning visuals that focus around certain archetype symbols that I notice in my subconscious a lot.

It will probably be very expensive, but I think I'd rather take my time and save the money for it than jumping into it prematurely. It drives me crazy seeing generic barbed-wire, asian characters and Old-english names/words on people.

Invisiblemagikgrl
~Inevitable~
Female User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: tattoos [Re: uber_aj]
    #11327151 - 10/26/09 07:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

see gallery :grin:

--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

OfflineGeorgieBoy
Gibbs
Male User Gallery

Re: tattoos [Re: magikgrl]
    #11327202 - 10/26/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magikgrl said:
see gallery :grin:

very colorful tats, i want my next one to be very bright :awedance:

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #11327592 - 10/26/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: tattoos [Re: GabbaDj]
    #11329076 - 10/27/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have lots more then this some im not too proud of. I used to be punk.... I even have a few i dont remember getting. The sad thing is that these are some of my better ones
:facepalm:

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
    #11329215 - 10/27/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

gotmylast tatts from a guy on craigs list 1/4 sleev for$100 great work

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

OfflineTrippyChick420
Female User Gallery

Loc: Some where across the uni...
Re: tattoos [Re: nachohippie]
    #11900483 - 01/25/10 06:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wanna try and get this as a tattoo. Not the whole thing just the crystal inside the circle.

--------------------

All you really need in life is Peace,Pot,and Micro-dot

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order