Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemajicmushman
Player
Male

Loc: Western Washington
Experenced Western Washignton pickers!
    #11295186 - 10/21/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am a noobie that knows very little about picking, i need someone experienced to show me whats good and whats not so i don't end up picking galerias again.

message me..

thx

Edited by majicmushman (10/21/09 08:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleminerva
Johnny Cyanspore
Male User Gallery

Loc: tacoma/seattle
Re: Experenced Western Washignton pickers! [Re: majicmushman]
    #11295338 - 10/21/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you gotta do the research yourself man, there's no way around it. most mushrooms are non active. find out what active mushrooms grow in your area and research those specifically. search for the right environments. when you think you've found something good, take pictures and a spore print and make an ID request on here. someone will be happy to help.

but as far as someone bringing you around town teaching you, it's probably not gonna happen. lots of noobs come here asking for this. all the info you need to know is right on this site. research buddy. if you're not ready to do your own research and have tons of patience while searching then you might want to consider a different hobby.

here's a list of the active species that grow in each state. start out by studying the most commonly found shrooms on the list and then search for the right habitats.

http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

happy hunting :mushroom2:

Edited by minerva (10/21/09 11:02 PM)

OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: Experenced Western Washignton pickers! [Re: minerva]
    #11295673 - 10/21/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey MMM I understand your question and desire to get results. I have been out searching like hell and have only found non actives. I studied the pictures of habitats that people post and try to find that out in the field. I look to see what kind of leaves are in the pick and if there are berry bushes or wood mulch or chips. Also you have to figure that there are others out there who know what they are doing so you are competing with them as well as a huge learning curve. The more I go out the more I learn about the different habitat in my area and places to look. Today I went out and searched through alder stands with cedars and tons of blackberry bushes and maples; lifting up vines sifting through grass and no actives after several hours. I think that when I finally do find my first patch it will be a sweet victory. Keep up the research and hunting it will pay off then you can tell us all about it. myk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate