Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFoolishDemon
Sober tripper
Male

Loc: ۩
"The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia"
    #11289911 - 10/21/09 02:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, so I've been doing research on Salvia Divinorum lately just to know what I'm jumping into before I get my feet wet and I just ran across this interesting/hilarious/scared propaganda type article.  I used the search feature on here and I noticed no one posted it yet so I thought I could share.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/04/12/the-dangers-of-and-arguments-for-salvia----the-completely-legal-hallucinatory-drug.htm

From all of the stories I've read on here and from my friends salvia seems like a interesting thing to try out (but still respect).  When I read this article I was left with the impression that the writer is worried about it not being banned yet and how it's such a horrible unpleasant awkward thing.  Give me your thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepurple_mule
 User Gallery

Loc: Downunder
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: FoolishDemon]
    #11289923 - 10/21/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats probably propaganda. alcohol is impicated in SOOO many suicides its not funny.

Its not really that fun, but its interesting and strange.
If you want to try it, try plain leaf or a 5x-10x extract. Might give you a taste of what its like. Plain leaf is enough for me (if i reallly rip it). People taking big hits of 30X usually dont end up happy.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: purple_mule]
    #11289995 - 10/21/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Salvia is different from hallucinogens like LSD because it is safely metabolized by the body, and Banken said he knows of no reports of flashbacks.

What does this mean? How is LSD not safely metabolized? That alone puts in question the credibility of the article.

OfflineMedulaOblangata
Stranger
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: krypto2000]
    #11290064 - 10/21/09 02:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I love salvia. The body high isn't always comfortable, I thought my arm hairs had turned into cactus spines once but it was still pretty enjoyable lol.

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Québec Flag
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: MedulaOblangata]
    #11294149 - 10/21/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's not THAT enjoyable, but when you look back at it, it's pretty fun. I've learned many things with Salvia Divinorum.

Quote:

"Kids fall into a false sense of security because it's legal. We control LSD, and we should control this," Peterson says.

I must say it's pretty true, I know some friends who were scared as hell of mushrooms and we like, yeah we should try salvia...can't be THAT strong if it's still legal. A chance I convinced them NOT to take it.

Of course, this article looks like propaganda or a simple article written by an uninformed author.

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

"I have three words for you: Take some drugs!" -Simon Posford

Offlinetictactone
Stranger

Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: gab1159]
    #11294353 - 10/21/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've never had a bad experience with salvia, i've tried everything form leaf to 100x extract, i've even cut it with weed before.  i love it, the only real downside is that when you get hit hard by a higher extract your body feels super heavy like gravity gets stronger lol, oh and it makes you sweat.  still though i enjoy it.  also plain leaf helps me with my insomnia, if i smoke a joint of it i'll pass out within a half hour.

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: tictactone]
    #11294385 - 10/21/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Never done salvia, just haven't gotten round to it. But if it feels any more uncomfortable then a 6G shroom trip then I may not partake.

--------------------
14:31

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: smack]
    #11295534 - 10/21/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i like the 3 minutes of eye candy and disorientation followed by a half hour or so of integrative thinking.
sometimes it is too strong and I writhe and am confused followed by a half hour or so of integrative thinking.
occasionally it is so strong I have moved and cannot remember the moments of movement, followed by a half hour or so of integrative thinking.
never worse than that for me
no noticible toxicity ever, and I do notice toxicity from 3 oz of tequila, 2 beers or one joint of mj.
I would say that it is one of the least dangerous substances if you are half sensible about the rules
i.e. avoid machinery and stairs etc. have a sitter.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: redgreenvines]
    #11295578 - 10/21/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I learned how to meditate while on salvia. (EDIT: that's a lie. I learned to meditate on shrooms :wink:)I then envisioned (with closed eyes) a beam of light shoot from my spine into the sky above. Once there, it joined many other beams from countless people around the world to form some sort of spirit wheel. Cool stuff.

You have to approach it very seriously though. You can't expect it to create an experience for you. It's the diviner's sage for a reason. You are divine.

Edited by PsychoPsilocin (10/21/09 09:17 PM)

Offlinekev_p2k
Eco
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #11296701 - 10/21/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is heavy stuff man, I was tripping on a x45 extract once and nearly threw myself of of a third floor window :crazy2: Then in felt like someone was ripping my arms off as I fell to the floor in a heap, not nice. I've always preferred lib caps but each to their own.

--------------------
" You can never have enough of what you don't need!"

OfflineFoolishDemon
Sober tripper
Male

Loc: ۩
Re: "The Dangers of and Arguments for Salvia" [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #11423740 - 11/10/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is pretty amazing of an imagination good sir.  I had talked to an 89 year old Buddhist nun a while ago and when I had asked her about astral projection or escaping the body through meditation she specifically pointed out the spot on the top/back part of the head as to where the soul escapes.  She also explained as to that is where the soul escapes when you die as well.  Interesting coincidence or have you been doing your research?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds