Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInfea
I forgot my pen...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Print rating...
    #11293454 - 10/21/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is a follow-up to a earlier post that really hit close to home... I have received several prints from people that were just shameful.  I won't even use them... even with agar.  Then again, if the print is package well and comes from a reputable Shroomery member I go ahead and test without ever having a contam issue.  I've also never gotten contam off of one of my prints. 

Here's my idea... which I plan to start doing religiously and encourage other to do also.  It has to do with a trade rating.  If you receive a print that is shameful (at least the person tried) then send them a PM that you will spare them a poor trade rating, but their print quality is unacceptable and they need to improve.  If you get a well packaged print that looks legit... then give the good trade rating.

Here is the kicker... if you use a print successfully without any contam issues then do an edit on you initial trade rating stating that "EDIT - I found no contams when examining your print. Clean Print".  If you do get contams then leave the initial positive trade rating, but don't add the extra assurance to future traders that the member produced a clean print for you.  If you do get contam... leave the positive trade rating alone and just don't trade with that person again.  It would be important not to misinterpret contam as resulting from the print when it could easily be an end-user problem.

:whatdoyouthink:

--------------------
Trade List
Click this --> :pm: to PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Print rating... [Re: Infea]
    #11293468 - 10/21/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

bit complex.. but i get the jist..

not a bad idea..

the last part is  a bit wishy washy..  just because i use your print successfully, does not mean its contam free

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
Re: Print rating... [Re: Slimz]
    #11294006 - 10/21/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i like the 'idea' but i could see a lot of people blaming poor practices they may or may not be aware of on the print. so many people are too quick to point fingers. i know my prints aren't 100% sterile, i don't have a lab, my house is old and moldy, and my GH is in my bedroom, but hey, you gotta work with what you got.

i do try to grow in a seperate area (container), pick early, use GB, etc, when i'm planning on printing something.

what else could one do to insure a sterile print? any grow area isn't sterile.

the first trade i made here i sent 2 diff. prints instead of one, on heavy, sterilized foil, in a baggie cleaned with alc. and i got rated 4 out of 5. i packaged them as maticulously as possible looking to make a good first impression. the print i got in return was on wrinkled foil that ripped easily and just folded over itself. the print looked impressive but it was so thick and ( i believe ) closed up while moist because the spores scraped off like paint chips and never disolved even after 2 months in solution. i still gave a 5, i was new here and he sent it on time. whatever.

anyway, i think the trade rating can only be judged on timelyness and quality of packaging. as for contaminations in a print, unless it's blatently obviouse that it's the print itself, a polite PM is a good idea.

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: Print rating... [Re: artizen]
    #11294046 - 10/21/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, if someone doesn't use agar and makes syringes without a floiwhoodf or glove box, then their opinion doesn't count.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

OfflinePfffffff
I am sofa king we todd ed

Loc: Somewhere that is fiction...
    #11294116 - 10/21/09 06:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They should make a forum for results of trades or something. Once you complete a trade, you go post a review.  That way you could search only that forum for their username and find all corresponding threads. If you have a shit print, post it. Maybe shit packaging, or it looks awful, or you had 43,187 bad jars. Whatever. Once they trade a few, if there's a pattern it will be obvious. If they are reliable, most reviews will be positive. If they make prints in a cave full of black mold, you'll see numerous posts to reflect it. If the problem is your inoc/spawn/sterililty problem, their rep isn't tarnished because your review is the only negative...
Simple!

--------------------
I am part of this community as a role playing
character.  All information is gathered on the
internet.  In no way, shape, or form is any of what
I say truthful or real life experience.  Any advice
given or received is purely for entertainment value
and not intended for any kind of illegal activity.

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11294120 - 10/21/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This Issue reminds me of how penicillin was brought to life. 

when it comes to FREE prints people give away in contests Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  if it was a vendor I would understand the complaint, but not as a gift.

Penicillin The Mold in Dr. Florey’s Coat: The Story of the Penicillin Miracle

Quote:

Early in World War II, Howard Florey, Ernst Chain, Norman Heatley, and colleagues at Oxford University demonstrated penicillin’s therapeutic potential. Realizing the enormous importance of their discovery and fearing a Nazi invasion, Florey and Heatley rubbed spores of Penicllium notatum into their clothes (fungal spores can lie dormant for years), then in 1941 . . .

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

InvisibleInfea
I forgot my pen...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Print rating... [Re: mister]
    #11294193 - 10/21/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mister said:
yeah, if someone doesn't use agar and makes syringes without a floiwhoodf or glove box, then their opinion doesn't count.

Agreed...  The idea isn't to label people with bad print/trade ratings.  That would be stupid, impractical, certainly unreliable and unfair.  This would be more of a positive only rating and would only be given in the absence of contam issues.  Nothing would be done if contam issues came up.  The trade would have gone through and the rating would remain the same positive rating it should have been if you received a legit looking print.

It would just be a courtesy to people who send good, clean prints.  Nothing more.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Print rating... [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #11294218 - 10/21/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah in theory its a good idea, but then again it isn't.  Only because not everyone can make absolutely contaminated free prints.  Even in front of my flow hood I make prints that could possible be contaminated.  Then you would have a bunch of negative ratings all because a person could not make a decent print, maybe cause they are inexperienced or maybe they just don't have the proper equipment to make a perfect print.

I have received some horrible looking prints in my day, not to mention how poorly packaged they are.  I also received some that were wet and the print ran all over the inside of the plastic baggy..  The most important aspect in my opinion is that the person tried and hopefully tried to the best of there ability.  And that is why I give a 5 shroom rating.  Not to mention prints can be cleaned up with a little agar work.

OfflinePfffffff
I am sofa king we todd ed

Loc: Somewhere that is fiction...
Re: Print rating... [Re: Damion5050]
    #11294319 - 10/21/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well good point I agree. Hopefully the person is trying their hardest. If they got to the point of making a print they at least have some knowledge. Perhaps it's a learning curve. And personally if someone told me my print was bad I'd gladly send another. Haven't had the opportunity to do so yet but that seems like the right thing to do...

--------------------
I am part of this community as a role playing
character.  All information is gathered on the
internet.  In no way, shape, or form is any of what
I say truthful or real life experience.  Any advice
given or received is purely for entertainment value
and not intended for any kind of illegal activity.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #11294323 - 10/21/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Infea said:

:whatdoyouthink:

I think this has no place in the Mush Cult forum...

it would have been better suited in the Marketplace forum...

But...

People really need to learn how to make spore prints before starting to trade them with other members.

I've received at least 10 prints over the years that had no spores on what was suppose to be a spore print.
I never gave them a poor Trade Rating for the prints and I should have.

I feel if you can't see a fucking thing on the alum foil, paper or whatever...
they fucked you!~

This is what a spore print should look like....

it doesn't have to be as big as the one pictured above...

but there is no excuse for not seeing any spores on the print what so ever!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Re: Print rating... [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #11294370 - 10/21/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

looks like a good book.

yeah, a giveaway is house cleaning 1/2 the time anyway. like a $2 humidifier from Goodwill :headbanger:that takes a crap after 3 months:hissyfit:.

with a free print sometimes you .........

........just gotta...........

.......work for it.

same syringe gave up 12 green dishes. i really have no idea what i'm doing, but i'm doing it.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

InvisibleInfea
I forgot my pen...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Print rating... [Re: Roadkill]
    #11294499 - 10/21/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ARTIZEN?  WTF?
Quote:

Roadkill said:
I think this has no place in the Mush Cult forum...

it would have been better suited in the Marketplace forum...

I agree and (mostly) disagree this thread would be better suited for the marketplace, but I would absolutely love to see this discussion in the marketplace. It deals directly with a huge problem many are experiencing with cultivation here on the Shroomery. In the end this really isn't a trade rating issue; its a print/grow quality issue.  I felt that the cult forum had more exposure to the noobs and others who are in need of becoming more informed/aware about making, trading and using prints. The issue of poor prints being sent out deserves all of the attention it can possibly get.

Roadkill, I can't believe anyone would have the nuts to send a blank print.  They must have been either retarded or just plain evil.  That would definitely be 0:mushroom2:'s for a trade rating!

--------------------
Trade List

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#11294571 - 10/21/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Infea said:
ARTIZEN?  WTF?

:shrug:

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

OfflineeTarded
Clubbed to death...
Male User Gallery

#11294588 - 10/21/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For trades I completely agree with you, as long as the trade ratings are simply withheld in such an event.  Bad trade ratings for a sub-par print seem harsh to me, and very subjective of the recipient.

As for giveaway prints, I feel hesitant to be anything but nice to a member who took the time and money to send me a print for free.  I received a free print not long ago that I have no clue wtf happened to it.  The entire print was destroyed, literally all of the spores were wedged into the corner in a pile.  I'm assuming this was due to some rough mail processing, which I understand can happen, so don't get me wrong, I'm not at all ragging on the guy.  In fact, I went ahead and made a syringe with the print anyway and noc'd up some WBS, all of which are showing healthy myc growth now.

Now I just know how not to send prints.

As soon as I make a few more posts, he'll still be getting a well deserved +5:mushroom2: along with the other member who sent me a print that was top quality.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleInfea
I forgot my pen...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11294604 - 10/21/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

artizen said:
Quote:

Infea said:
ARTIZEN?  WTF?

EDIT - I think I understand how your post applied to this thread now.  Took me a couple reads to understand its relevance to the topic.

--------------------
Trade List

Edited by Infea (10/21/09 07:30 PM)

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#11294747 - 10/21/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Infea said:
Quote:

artizen said:
Quote:

Infea said:
ARTIZEN?  WTF?

I think you might have posted in the wrong thread???  If not, well IDK

i was just trying to make the point someonelse's junk can be cleaned up. and a shit print for free isn't nothing. didn't mean to get off topic.

but yeah, if i got a blank foil i'd be pretty pissed.

what about a section for trading with higher requirements than just the marketplace.

or a "trusted printer" or "trusted trader" tag.

idk, as you can see i don't trade much but i'd probobly do more if i new more about where it come from.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

InvisibleInfea
I forgot my pen...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11294849 - 10/21/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

haha I think "good book" and "$2 humidifier" threw me off.  Didn't mean to come off like a dick.... :sorry:

I guess this thread will probably die now.  But, I plan on rewarding those who send me clean prints with these additions to their trade ratings though.  Every print I've USED so far that came from a trade here have turned out great grows.  I think trading is probably the most valuable part of the Shroomery once you have achieved some level of proficiency in cultivation.

--------------------
Trade List

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#11294970 - 10/21/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no sweat.:flowerchild:

but i think people need to be more diligent in what they write in a trade rating.

have this moved to the marketplace. it's definatly a valid point.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate