Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

Does anyone have Ergot Spores?
    #11291217 - 10/21/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I want to play with some ergot and fruit it. for fun...

--------------------
Today I dream't of endless Cubensis falling from above on a Hot chick as she lay enjoying the awkward blows of fungus on her naked body!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: ops6047]
    #11291237 - 10/21/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you couldnt produce enough for what you want it for

--------------------
milkman does wikidzons... fresh start 10/26/09
prints sent out today sorry for delay.....10/27/09

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: milkman59]
    #11291261 - 10/21/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i know a cool chemistry professor that will teach me the extraction process, but since im a "mycologist" and can grow fungus's like crazy. he wants me to grow enough ergot for the project.

SO does anyone know where to get ergot spores or cultures?

--------------------
Today I dream't of endless Cubensis falling from above on a Hot chick as she lay enjoying the awkward blows of fungus on her naked body!

Invisiblesimbad42
wanna see big boom!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11291330 - 10/21/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

rye fields?

--------------------
amu (q)and (a)

VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

for i am a sinner in the hands of an angry god, bloody mary blessed are you among cocktails, i pray for my death which i hope is soon. amen

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

#11291365 - 10/21/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OK not to be an ass or anything...

but, if you need to ask where to get the "spores" you are probably hopeless.

regardless of how knowledgeable you think your "cool teacher" is, he is an idiot if what you say is true.

no teacher would tell their student to go find spores or whatever else on their own unless that was a part of the project, like isolating stuff from the environment, or enrihment culture. schools have access to just about any organism they want. we work with anthrax.

another reason hes an idiot is that if you have to ask this question you are obviously too stupid to work with something as dangerous as ergot and he should realize that.

any idea what genus and species you want? are you aware of the dangers, legal and otherwise involved? how much would you consider enough to do an extraction? an extraction of what?

if you cant get a hold of ergot species, where do you plan to get the required chemicals, glassware, safety equipment and ultimate medical care that you eventually will need? professor is supplying all this? ever hear of st. anthonys fire?

man like i said i don't mean to be an ass but don't kill yourself. i doubt your claim of the professor and you obviously are not ready to work with ergot. I'm guessing you don't have a degree yet?

try looking into some of the reasons that people don't usually work with ergot.

or, on a second thought, Ive always been a firm believer in Darwinism.:rolleyes:

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: simbad42]
    #11291371 - 10/21/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I'll have to do some rye field searching...I wander if Texas has rye fields? I was hoping that since its produces fruit bodies, that someone at the shroomery would have some...

--------------------

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#11291380 - 10/21/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You would think.  I've wondered the same thing.  Someone has to have some somewhere...

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11291438 - 10/21/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I THINK THE IDIOT IS YOU CLIT CLOSET!

I have to ask were to get spores cause all fungus starts from spores asshole!

Im not a fucking student you shmuck, and yes I think everyone knows ergot is dangerous, it has been known for hundreds of years you moron!

And if I was concerned with legal re precautions, I wouldnt be growing shrooms you fucking idiot!

I own alot of glassware! ANd I live on the border of Mexico were we can anything we want, pharmaceutically and chemically you fucking asshole!

and aside from st anthonys dont forget the gangrene it can cause you fucking know it all dip shit!

--------------------

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: ops6047] * 1
    #11291445 - 10/21/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

its definitely safer to get spores in a container or package from someone than walking thru ergot infested rye fields....

--------------------

Offlinenightshd
Stranger

#11291476 - 10/21/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

im pretty sure its easy to come by and not that dangerous to work with . . my girlfriends fungi 101 class did a segment on ergot and she brought home cultures while they were working on it.  wouldnt it just be more fun to go get it from a rye field though? :bigjoint:

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

#11291649 - 10/21/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

k...

i tried to point out that i wasnt trying to be an ass. just warning you that you as well as most of us on the shroomery should not be messing around with the stuff. im sure i was harsh but sometimes thats required.

i assumed you were a student because you plan to work with a chem professor.

if some one on this site has ergot, then maybe youl get lucky. otherwise i would highly recomend having you professor frriend legally aquire some or do some searching.

with out a doubt i have had interest in ergot. however, i have never actually decided to find some. the reason being the huge amounts you need to have for an extractable amount, the huge amount of health problems it can cause and the overall probability that i could aquire the chemicals to finish the project. im on the border with mexico as well. but i still find it very difficult to find things like POCl3 and other required reagents.

the reason i put spores in quotation marks was because the only reason we use spores around here is that tissue is illegal. most of the ergot ive seen for sale is in tissue culture. yes spores are doable but good genetics make a big difference with ergot meaning a tissue sample would be most worth while. the amount of work required to get a good yielding strain from wild spores is magnitudes more difficult than a verified cullture.

so ergot as far as i know is not illegal to buy or posses. however like most things we like, its proably illegal to have if theres any intent blah blah blah. again ask your teacher friend to go ahead and order it for an undergraduate research project, no problem. or go to some rye fields to obtain it. like most fungus, you want to look after rain etc. i know there are huge amounts of machinery used to remove ergot from rye on the industrial scale. possibley going in as a student (fake) and asking for a sample could work, with the professors written permission. "im doing a study on the potential aborticants in ergot species and thier possibility of entering the food chain in minute amounts from cleaned rye." blah blah blah

if your really into doing it then i cant talk you out of it. just start with the professor then google then the fields. hoffman and shulgin both have great info on cultivating the stuff. stay far away from uncle fester. google scholar has great stuff as im sure you know.

if you go about getting it from the fields be aware of methods for differentiating the different species. understanding TLC or similar would really help for isolating a strain with high alkaloid content.

man theres no reason for you to be so childish in your reply. i didnt call you lame names. i actually tried to point out some signifigant reason. sure i was mean but this is a responsible forum. i dont know you or anything about you. i havent read any of you other post. but when i see a thread that reads the way yours did, i cant help to worry.

im not saying i am more worthy of working with ergot than you. im saying most people on this site should not.

im not looking for enemies and i hardly claim to be a know it all. theres a reason im on here so often asking simple question. chill

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: nightshd]
    #11291662 - 10/21/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ergot is not something to play with. It will constrict blood vessels leading to stuff like gangrene and amputation of fingers and stuff if you play with it to much

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #11291702 - 10/21/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: nightshd]
    #11291788 - 10/21/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ever hear of st. anthonys fire?

I doubt he'll be eating ergots. Although I do think the prof is either retarded or a narc. A well-stocked university's chem department would probably have all the necessary equipment, but still...I am pretty sure you need some DEA clearance to make what you want, unless you'll just be extracting the base materials and not converting that to what you want.

Quote:

and aside from st anthonys dont forget the gangrene it can cause you fucking know it all dip shit!

St. Anthony's fire (aka ergotism) is what causes the gangrene.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: LitCloset]
    #11291805 - 10/21/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

when someone calls me stupid or hopeless and  call my friend a professor an idiot, I feel its safe for me to reply with similar insults. your the first person to make me reply in such a way on this forum, so that says alot about you and your post.

We're knowledgeable, responsible adults, that are well aware of the dangers and risks involved.

And why the hell would anyone, especially shroom growers raise suspicion by going through the university to obtain specimens of ergot...sounds dumb...

Sounds like you assume alot, this was originally a very simple question post...

sounds like you need to go back to elementary school and learn the do onto others rule, or better yet, learn the "if you have nothing good to say dont say it at all"

--------------------

Offlineops6047
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11291810 - 10/21/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

but i do appreciate the web search references you given that will help...

--------------------

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

#11291886 - 10/21/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i feel i had plenty good to say. i also think that kydelic is right about the professor. but ergot broth does not need to be eaten to get ggreen. getting stuff through the university is by far the safest way. if he truly is a professor it will raise no suspicion at all. i know there was a lab on my campus that worked with ergot a little while back. thats why i recomended it.

... but either way i said helpful things. you working with ergot is a stupid idea. if only you would listen. think about this, hoffman fucked up with ergot alkaloids, hoffman an educated and experienced scientist working in a major companies well equiped lab.

i think ill scoot away to another thread now.

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: LitCloset]
    #11291911 - 10/21/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WOW. such hostility. i think the reason it may seem like people are talking down to you is the nature of your question. if you are asking for ergot spores, it's obvious your skill level hasn't reached your expectations. i would recommend further research. i would imagine once your skill level was at the point where you could do something practical with it, those sort of things tend to find you.

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Does anyone have Ergot Spores? [Re: apoonanor]
    #11291927 - 10/21/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Offlinebigboi86
Overclocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: South East Flag
    #11291978 - 10/21/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ops6047 said:
I THINK THE IDIOT IS YOU CLIT CLOSET!

I have to ask were to get spores cause all fungus starts from spores asshole!

Im not a fucking student you shmuck, and yes I think everyone knows ergot is dangerous, it has been known for hundreds of years you moron!

And if I was concerned with legal re precautions, I wouldnt be growing shrooms you fucking idiot!

I own alot of glassware! ANd I live on the border of Mexico were we can anything we want, pharmaceutically and chemically you fucking asshole!

LOL

He ends every sentence with an insult like a child.

--------------------

Anybody want to buy my shirt?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck