Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Just Realized I'm Getting Old
    #11289161 - 10/20/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I turn 27 in three weeks.

The girl that hit on me in class last week...just turned 18. 

People are already emailing me about a 10-year HS reunion.  Forget the fact I think 10-year reunion is ridiculous, my main focus was:  really!? 10 fucking years already.  I can remember a lot of those 10 years and but it doesn't feel like 10 years.  Not at all.  I never thought I'd have this reaction to getting old but it's evidently beginning to hit and why is it freaking me out so much?

I've kept pretty much in touch with all my friends I wanted to through Facebook and whatever else so I know all about them and what they've been doing and talk to them constantly.  It's never felt like they left or I left even though we all did.

You older folks, talk to me about getting older.

Damn this!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Just Realized I'm Getting Old [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11289198 - 10/20/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in the same situation...I just turned 25 and to be honest my life is in the shitter right now. I don't know where its going or where I'm going. BUT I get off of probation tomorrow for the first time in 5 years and it feels fucking fantastic, so I'm trying to run with it and make something happen...

Something has to happen or I'll just end up selling weed the rest of my life...Which is cool, I'll make money, and I love weed so it works out...I just don't like jail, or prison for that matter.

I don't have any insight in to getting older but I feel you.

I have almost settled for working at a dead end job making 20 grand a year and selling weed to make up for lost money.

As for friends...In the last 6 months or so my friends have started parting ways. I still talk to some but in all honesty I don't have many friends anymore. I have people I associate with but they aren't friends really.

I don't know its sad and I wish I could get my life in the right direction but right now its going nowhere.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Just Realized I'm Getting Old [Re: MHbound]
    #11289227 - 10/20/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of my friends are getting married and having kids.  One of 'em is having her second one already. 

It's not really a feeling of "damn I should have a kid too now", but more of "whoa, 10 years ago you said you weren't going to have kids and now you are having your second one and everything you talked about doing back then you are now doing the exact opposite of."

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#11289270 - 10/20/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, people are starting to think about having families, graduating college, looking in to careers, and then there is me...I want a family and kids at some point down the road but I know if I don't ever get my shit on the right track then I'll never have them.

I don't know why I go against the grain in life instead of just going with the flow...I go with MY flow but unfortunately thats against everyone else..Which is unfortunate because they're missing out on life.

I try to think of a career that would make me happy, allow me to support a family, but still be able to live to a certain degree the same manner that I live now..

Basically I have 5 years to make something out of nothing or I'm fucked. It kind of sucks. I'm almost done with school but I don't think I'm going to finish because I don't want to and its just a clusterfuck

I'll shut the hell up.

--------------------

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Loc: Indonesia Flag
    #11289603 - 10/21/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Same here...
25 next month.... I use to work a big corp job bosses with suits slick back hair couldn't remember our names we where salesman for them but the stress the drive...Now i work a dead end job but free food,tips,pretty much my own work area and music so it's chill not as much money but i feel more Free!

I use to want a family haha but ppl i know now with kids no way i would want to go thrut hat hell and giving up things i cherish...I wanna live life i guess i do quite fine all alone!

--------------------
#IamKratom

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Just Realized I'm Getting Old [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #11289637 - 10/21/09 01:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:strokebeard:

I'll only start a family if I can support them and if its with someone who I would die for...Otherwise families can go to hell.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #11290224 - 10/21/09 03:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Im 24 and was sort of stressing about it. Wasted a bunch of time - but not really, just gained a bunch of life experience.

In the last year i've steered my life exactly where i want it to be going and feel great about getting older and moving into a different style of living.

I find it quite exciting.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #11290235 - 10/21/09 04:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

at least 18 year olds are still hitting on you. :awesome:

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #11290296 - 10/21/09 04:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah...I just turned 27 a coupla months ago myself bro - I know what yer talking about

you'll get over it though

that's the great thing about being a guy - we generally tend to get more sophisticated with age  :craven:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Just Realized I'm Getting Old [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #11290300 - 10/21/09 04:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I turn 30 in 3 weeks...that sucks really bad!!! I still have a few years of school left since I didn't start until '05, glad I did though, especially with the way things are and are heading. Unfortunately I don't have any 18 year old's hitting on me or 30 year old's for that matter, I FAIL!

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11290306 - 10/21/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:oldman: :oldman2:

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #11290329 - 10/21/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Same here - its freaking me out too.  A guy I know died of smokers heart attack at 37 so technically we could all have just 10 years left.

I feel like I've achieved nothing.  I want a house and a GF but they seem impossible to acquire in my current situation yet I'm pretty much stuck in my current situation.  I can't afford to move unless I can find flat mates to share accommodation and I hate sharing :donut:  My friends have all fucked off and married with kids too.  Getting old is shit.

Fuck it just carry on getting stoned instead :shrug:

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #11290462 - 10/21/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i used to want to have a kid or two.  but i'm starting to think not.  the world is overpopulated enough.  seriously, people need to stop fucking breeding.  especially in the third world.  just fucking stop. 

if i find the right girl down the road, i think i wanna adopt.

--------------------

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: Just Realized I'm Getting Old [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11290547 - 10/21/09 07:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wait until you hit 40. Actually, being 40 isn't so bad in of itself, but most of my contemporaries are boring as hell. Add the whole kid thing into the equation, and ugh. Also by this point work can start to feel ilke some serious business; I so miss the days where my job was left behind every day when I left my place of business. That ended with my 20s.

By not having kids and staying in touch with my partier roots, I don't feel much differently than I did at 25 though, except now I have money. That is one benefit of getting "old".

It is obviously a cliche to say age is a state of mind, but to a large degree it is in fact just that. Except my bones ache more than they used to.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds