Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly
    #11289066 - 10/21/09 01:28 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

just curious about how my fellow shroomerites relate to their parents, particularly because of the nature of this site :lol:

often it can say a lot about a person and some of these stories can be pretty funny :lol:

parents are by nature quirky, at least the way we see them, and i think just having kids makes people that way.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11289075 - 10/21/09 01:29 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

i love that movie, the good the bad and the ugly

oh wait what was this thread about again ? :dizope:

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

OfflinePsy Baba
That was zen, This is Tao
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The land of Ports.
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11289087 - 10/21/09 01:31 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

my father = Black and white workaholic who sacrifices monetary "love" for emotional love.

My mother = slightly redneck fundamental christian with a very small hole still open in her head to the possibility of accepting new ideas.

Both do not speak to me often, my dad tries, but never has much to say, or is in another country.

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I make music with my computer,  Click here for my Newest project ...Click here for my previous project Old project:www.myspace.com/psychoactivesynth

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Psy Baba]
    #11289102 - 10/21/09 01:33 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

i hate my father.....

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: elementswrath]
    #11289174 - 10/21/09 01:43 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I love my mother so much. She has flaws just like any other person, but she's always been there for me. I feel so bad for everything I've ever done that hurt her.

I haven't seen my real dad since I was 5, so I don't really know him.

I hate my step dad, who has been living with us since I was 6. Really and truly hate him. I don't think I can ever forgive him for all that he's done to me. He has openly admitted that he hates me many times, and he made my life hell for a long time. When I was sixteen or so and he would fight with me constantly, I would get panic attacks all the time just from the stress of living with him. Every single night he would start a huge fight over nothing and it always ended with me spending a few hours throwing up and hyperventilating. Not long after that he more or less decided that I just wasn't going to be his kid anymore and he basically stopped talking to me. Two years later, he still only talks to me when absolutely necessary unless it's to pick a fight.
And the funny thing was, I didn't do anything to deserve it. I was a damn good kid. Yes, I smoked pot on the weekends. But I was a straight A student who was responsible and respectful and an all around good kid who worked my ass off for his approval. And I never got it.
Maybe part of it was my fault. I could have tried harder to get along with him I guess. But no matter how you spin it, it's just not right to abandon your kid like that. It's not right to love one kid and not the other. It's just not.

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: alternatereality]
    #11289195 - 10/21/09 01:47 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

i guess since you contributed your sad story i guess i will have to give mine.....
lemme roll another joint i get straight to typing. :smoker:

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11289288 - 10/21/09 02:01 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

i was six years old, my parents where psychos and i never quite knew it at the moment....one day at the back of my house i was on a trampoline and was doing what kids do, play.
so a friend of mine witch was female and my age wanted to play with me, so i let her on.
so after minutes of playing and having fun some thing struck my innocent mind
"she seems different from me, i wonder...." i though. i compromised to her that if she pull her pants down i would do the same. so she agreed and pulled her pants down and in my amazement i saw what she had, so i did my part of the deal and it was done we pulled up our pants and continued playing.
after about an hour of fun i decide to go home and see my parents, little did i know it was a bad idea.
i open the door and my mother quickly entered from the kitchen to the front door and grabbed my hand, she dragged me to the living room and sat me down.
it was horrific silence that made me feel nausua in my stomach and a lump in my throat.
after a few minutes my father entered the room and said "we got a call from the neighbor next door" he said with his head hanging down and the long blond hair covering it.
hearing those words made me shake and quiver in fear but i didn't know why, so i nodded and listened.
"he said he saw you with your pants down with a little girl" he continued, he went and looked up at me to see my reaction and he could see the fear into me as he said "now why did you do that?". i replied with"i was wondering if she was different from me" and my mom replied screaming "you fucking raper!!! your going to rape when your older!!!" i saw a muscle in her neck pulse and she was crying so hard........

I'm taking a break i will continue in a sec.

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: elementswrath] * 1
    #11289361 - 10/21/09 02:13 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

man, that's messed up, kids do that kind of thing all the time

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Compass]
    #11289377 - 10/21/09 02:15 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

my parents died along time ago when i was a youngin my man. i really dont remember much about them.

--------------------

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Loc: Indonesia Flag
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: alternatereality]
    #11289397 - 10/21/09 02:18 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

alternatereality said:
I love my mother so much. She has flaws just like any other person, but she's always been there for me. I feel so bad for everything I've ever done that hurt her.

I haven't seen my real dad since I was 5, so I don't really know him.

Same story here bro....

--------------------
#IamKratom

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11289416 - 10/21/09 02:21 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

My dad - Likes music and sports. Used to enjoy eating more than he does now. Very stingy but as a result has nice things and retired very early.  Likes to drink but it never had a negative effect on how he raised me.

I've dropped questions to get his take on drugs and such. He clearly wouldn't even be happy if I smoked pot so I won't bother telling him about my interests. I just recently told my brother, but I've told him about eating mushrooms and stuff before and he has done it a few times. I also told my sister later that day about being into acid after I got wasted :lol: She was like "Just don't get drunk around dad and tell him." I guess he's kind of a rules guy. He drinks probably every day now, has for a while, but he would ground me even the summer going into college when he found some of my beer. Now that I'm 21 he doesn't give a fuck. I drank with him when I was home last, have been bringing leftover beer home from parties. He just makes fun of my for drinking shitty beer, even though his is worse than mine.

My mom - Not living anymore so I don't much relate to her anymore. She liked Bob Dylan. She also liked children and became a part time children's librarian later in her life. She had a degree that related to this and she loved reading in general so I'm glad she got to do it on top of her regular job. I get the impression she was very nice, the kind of lady that no one really talked bad about. Then again maybe that's what I want to think. She wasn't very healthy though (overweight.)

As I am the youngest of a very spread out family (I'm 21, brother is 29, sister will be 40 in December) I have always wondered what my parents were like when they were younger. I know my sister had a very different upbringing than I did. They got progressively softer on each of us. I definitely had more freedom as a kid than my brother, and even more than my sister.

Edit: Perhaps I should include future step mother? My dad's getting married in August to someone who he's been seeing for... 4 years now? She's much younger than him, but not like a 26 year old fox or anything. At first it was strange having her around, but I quickly got used to it. She is very nice and very laid back. Much more active than my mom and more into drinking and music which is a good fit for my dad now :lol: I might even go so far to say that I'm happy she'll be part of the family (although she really has been for years.) Her daughter is still kinda awkward and I don't think she likes my father or my siblings much. Although she rarely sees me and my sister (who goes out of her way to be nice) so I don't think she harbors as much dislike anymore.

More importantly: Open bar wedding for the first time since I've been of age :woot:

--------------------
!

Edited by jewunit (10/21/09 02:30 AM)

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
    #11289428 - 10/21/09 02:23 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
i was six years old, my parents where psychos and i never quite knew it at the moment....one day at the back of my house i was on a trampoline and was doing what kids do, play.
so a friend of mine witch was female and my age wanted to play with me, so i let her on.
so after minutes of playing and having fun some thing struck my innocent mind
"she seems different from me, i wonder...." i though. i compromised to her that if she pull her pants down i would do the same. so she agreed and pulled her pants down and in my amazement i saw what she had, so i did my part of the deal and it was done we pulled up our pants and continued playing.
after about an hour of fun i decide to go home and see my parents, little did i know it was a bad idea.
i open the door and my mother quickly entered from the kitchen to the front door and grabbed my hand, she dragged me to the living room and sat me down.
it was horrific silence that made me feel nausua in my stomach and a lump in my throat.
after a few minutes my father entered the room and said "we got a call from the neighbor next door" he said with his head hanging down and the long blond hair covering it.
hearing those words made me shake and quiver in fear but i didn't know why, so i nodded and listened.
"he said he saw you with your pants down with a little girl" he continued, he went and looked up at me to see my reaction and he could see the fear into me as he said "now why did you do that?". i replied with"i was wondering if she was different from me" and my mom replied screaming "you fucking raper!!! your going to rape when your older!!!" i saw a muscle in her neck pulse and she was crying so hard........

I'm taking a break i will continue in a sec.

That's harsh man. All little kids do that.

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11289433 - 10/21/09 02:23 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

actually i will do it tomorrow.
do you think i write storys good?
maybe i will write a book and sell it.

oh and in the story it actually get worst so be exited and stuff.:smile:

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
    #11289650 - 10/21/09 03:07 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I have great parents, although it took me a long time to realize this.  They have there flaws, but overall great people.  They don't know that I use psychedelics, but my father would probably be ok with it, mom not so much. 

My dad is definately the person I admire the most in my life, he's always worked hard to give our family a comfortable life.  Anything I've ever needed but didn't have the means to get by myself, he would find a way to make it happen.  He's always been there for me and never let me down.  He never went to college, and barely finished high school, but he's worked for the local utility company (they serve both gas and electric) for over 35 years working his way up as far as you can go without getting into the business/office/suit wearing side of things.  My biggest criticism of him though is he's a little bit racist, not in the conventional "I hate colored folk" white power sort of way, more in the way that he buys in to certain racial stereotypes.  I date a mexican girl and while he has no problem with that and thinks she's a great girl, he tends to make her uncomfortable when he the topic of race comes up in conversation.

My mother has always been a good mother, sort of your stereotypical motherly figure, supportive when when your doing good, but a stearn disciplinarian when you do something wrong.  Through out my childhood she never worked a full time job.  She would only work jobs where she could start after my brother and I went to school, and be off before we got out.  During the time from when both my brother and I were babies until we started school she didn't work, she did the stay at home mom thing.  I've butted heads with her a lot ever since I was a teenager, we're both kind of self righteous people, and don't always see eye to eye, but she's my mom and I love her.  She's can be kind of closeminded, and no matter how hard she tries to accept some things she just never will.  She's also a pretty nosey person, the kind that asks just a few to many questions, always trying to get more information out of you, even when theres no more to give.  She also watches their neighbors some times and talks about how suspicious someone is acting, or I think so and so is cheating on their husband/wife. 

They aren't perfect, but I consider my self lucky to have them as my parents.

OfflineRailrider
Chronic contaminator

Loc: a van down by the river.
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Skryllz]
    #11289721 - 10/21/09 03:22 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

My dad was airborne Vietnam vet partied hard on Jim Beam and Blue Ribbon until he couldn't then shot himself 62.Only seen him eat shrooms once he threw a muskmelon at some one lol.
My mom moved far away from him and that life style she is nuts.

--------------------

Any post I post here is pure speculation from other read posts
Best tip for cultivation!

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11289724 - 10/21/09 03:23 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

do they really?
and i thought i was different, lol.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #11290207 - 10/21/09 05:52 AM (8 years, 23 hours ago)

Ok, first my mom who i grew up with since i was 5.

My mom is amazingly intelligent, openminded and kind hearted. She took care of me after the divorce and i remember sitting in the halls, or the back of her classes when she was attending + teaching university, when i was a little kid.

She always exposed me to cultural things ... science fairs, aids walks, volunteer work, various religions, etc + i am very greatful for that. Although we never had much, she taught me super important lessons about the value of hardwork, work ethic, intelligence, kindness/empathy/compassion/selflessness, etc.

Obviously I have some issues with the way i was raised too, but she's always been there for me, and supported me no matter what. I talk to her about my psychedelic experience (everything from marijuana to DMT, ayahuasca, and even cocaine and crack...) Total honesty + i am sure it hurt and scared her at first, but i've ended up turning out pretty good.

My mom is my rock, and i relate to her, even though shes a bit out of touch sometimes...

Unfortunately her parents both died suddenly at a young age and its fucked her up. My only real impressions of her from my Mid teen's to now, is her acting sort of crazy sitting drowsily infront of the TV.

She married a hardworking italian immigrant man when i was 12 or so. I have never met someone who works so hard, and is so kind. He is always there to help and support me, even if he disagrees with what i am doing and he does the same for her. I am greatful to have him in my life, even though i can't relate to him.

My Dad, i don't know that well - he raised me mostly until i was 5. I turned out alot like him ... Although he doesn't own a house, or a nice vehicle or have a secure retirement ahead of him ... he is hard working, adventurous and really active. I admire the fact that he runs marathons and races bicycles and is starting triathalon (he started this in his late 40's) and its prompted me to follow in his footsteps.

He frowns on my drug use, but also turns a blind eye. Only because he was a heroin dealer that fucked his life up real bad when he was my age + i was pretty much doing the same thing... so i can see where he's coming from.

:heart: parents rock.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Cannabischarlie] * 1
    #11290217 - 10/21/09 05:56 AM (8 years, 23 hours ago)

Mom & Dad.

I love my mom dearly. She's the very reason I'm sane today. She's always been then for me and was always somewhat understanding. There were the rough times, but I don't blame her for them. My grandmother had cancer and past away soon after she was diagnosed, and I know it hurt my mom and brought her a lot of pain in life. There's nothing bad I can really say about her except that she tries too hard. She tries to make everyone happy, especially my dad, and it kills her during the process.

Quite frankly, my dad is an asshole. He was highly abusive, both physically and emotionally, and lacked major parenting skills. I don't blame my father for his fallacies because his father was far worse. My dad lived in a refugee camp in Taiwan after the Chinese Civil War during his childhood upbringing. His father was a war veteran and consequently fucked in the head. My father endured much pain and suffering because of this. His mother abused him as well. When he misbehaved, she had a selection of torture methods that she would perform on him; dipping a needle in boiling hot water and then proceeding to insert said needle into my father's palms, recklessly beating my father to the point where he no longer is receptive to the pain, etc. His life was sad, but I don't even know the full story. My father is a mysterious man of many mysteries. My mother doesn't even know everything about him. There's a gap in his life that no one knows about, or just doesn't talk about openly.

His childhood affected my relationship with him by distancing him and I. As a child, I wouldn't talk to him. I didn't fully accept him as a father figure until my late elementary school years. I feel like he knew it, too. But he doesn't care, or just seems like it. But those years were the worst. God, they were terrible. During those years, I would get beat on a daily basis. Anything could trigger a beating; dropping a utensil on the floor, bad grades, simply saying "no", doing something wrong, spilling a beverage, etc. I felt like I was walking on thin ice all the time. Nowadays, I try not to think about it. My older sister had it way worse anyways. But, I can't deny the possibility that my father fucked up my psyche. I have antisocial personality disorder and sociopathic tendencies. I don't know if I'm a full blown sociopath, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am. But I don't blame my father for anything, although I used to. There's no point in doing so, though, because I, now, have full control over my lifestyle. My father's aggression has fully died down, which means that the only true influence over my life is me. I choose how I want to be and who I am to become, not him, so there's no purpose in blaming him for my misfortunes and fallacies.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #11290325 - 10/21/09 07:10 AM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

my mother's an easy enough person to describe:
  • tweaked out crackhead that's always chasing her fix
  • severe ADHD tendencies to boot
    (predominately manic though...naturally)
  • infantile as all hell
  • completely self-centered
  • and gawd forbid you ever piss this woman off
you know the type  :nonono:

my father, on the other hand:
  • delusional as fuck
  • irresponsible as all hell
  • horrible with money
  • parties all the time
  • doesn't have a job
  • won't do shit with his life
  • doesn't even try
of course - he's dead now  :shrug:

...BUT...

but look at their precious little contribution to this world --->  :muppet:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineGeorgieBoy
Gibbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: GR, MI
Re: describe your parents, the good, the bad, and the ugly [Re: Muppet]
    #11290447 - 10/21/09 08:30 AM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

my mom really does everything in her power to support me, she can be a little overbearing at times but I love her deeply. my parents divorced when I was 3. My dad cheated on my mom with a bunch of chicks(got a few pregnant). I did the see your dad every other weekend thing since I was about 14 or 15 then I slowly but surely quit going over to his house. He married when I was 12 and the chick he married is a control freak know-it-all. I think my dad tries to be a good man, but hes just too dumb. The guy my mom has been seeing for the past 3 years is an electrician who is usually gone, but when he is home, he just plays world of warcraft all day. my mom is really the only close family member next to some cool ass cousins.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Community >> The Pub