Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedankcrop
unknown

Need help with my casing
    #1128861 - 12/10/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

On the Nov. 1st i cased two cakes into a double end casing with straight verm. Within 24 hours myc had broke through the casing layer, I intiated pinning by dropping the temp down 10 degrees and exposing the casing to a few hours of light a day.

I'm using a method similiar to crabbyass's neglect tek, which uses a loosely wrapped piece of siran wrap over the casing. The difference in my setup is that I have my casing with the siran wrap in a cooler with a fishtank heater floating in a glass of water. Temps in the cooler are around 70-74 degrees and the humidity seems to be high. I dont have a humidity gauge, but theres condensation on all walls and the top drips from time to time.

I'm using the siran wrap because i dont want water dripping on my casing, also for contamination purposes, because i take the casing out of the cooler for 3 hours for light exposure.

My problem is that i saw two pins yesterday on the sides of my casing, and there dosent seem to be anymore. And the two that i have dont seem to be getting any bigger. I dont know if their aborts or what. They are pretty tiny. barely even noticable, and they seem to be laying on their side. Also there are some high spots on my casing with 1/4 inch rhizomorphs reaching towards the sky. But for the most part i can see myc barely coming through the entire casing layer. Do you guys think i should just ditch the cooler? And the siran should produce enough humidity? My room temps are around 70F+, the only reason i was using the cooler so i could maintain the temps. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help with my casing [Re: dankcrop]
    #1128881 - 12/10/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

try about 12hrs of light  :blush:  kramer uses indirect sunlight it works nice.  :laugh:enjoy 

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinedankcrop
unknown

Re: Need help with my casing [Re: george castanza]
    #1128917 - 12/10/02 12:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Would light be the reason why i have only 2 pins? Also how can i tell if a pin aborted? How big are they usually when they abort...Mine are barely visible maybe about a 1/2 cm

Oh, and I cased in an aluminium baking meatloaf or cake pan. It wasnt verm then the whole cake with verm on top. it was crumble and case

Edited by dankcrop (12/10/02 12:57 PM)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1128989 - 12/10/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you just have to wait the little guys out

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: Need help with my casing [Re: george castanza]
    #1129008 - 12/10/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like your humidity is high, and the siran wrap is the culprit. It is also stopping you from achieving sufficient air exchange. That siran was good for the incubation period, but it's time to loose it. Take it off and fan two-4 times a day.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Offlinedankcrop
unknown

Re: Need help with my casing [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1129081 - 12/10/02 01:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok if I dropped the siran wrap, would water dripping on my casing be a limiting factor on my yield? and would it be ok to put the siran wrap on only when i put the casing under a fluro for 12 hours. This is due to the lack of a light source in my terranium

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
    #1129104 - 12/10/02 01:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I can see your use of siran wrap while providing light to keep in moisture. But if its that hot and the casing is drying out, the condensation on the siran wrap is just going to drip onto your surface. I wouldn't worry about lid condensation and drippage, I never have alot of that. Sweating on the sides of my terrarium is normal.

--------------------

Offlinedankcrop
unknown

Re: Need help with my casing [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1129136 - 12/10/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You got it 99% right. I use the siran because of 1. Keeping humidity up while my casing is sitting in an open room and 2.) Im scared of contamination, b/c yea it is sitting in my room, and i wouldnt call my room the cleanest.

oh yea, its not hot at all, i dont think the fluro puts of any heat.

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
    #1129145 - 12/10/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well in that case, I wouldn't worry about a great huge exposure time to light. People say that 12 on 12 off is a good cycle. That may be true, but I read in the mushroom cultivator that pinning can be achieved with just seconds of light. Cubensis is so light sensative that direction of presentation greatly impacts growth direction. They have more growth in dark then in light. I only give my babies about a couple minutes of a 60 watt grow bulb a day. But I keep them otherwise in complete darkness so I'm sure this addition of light is a severe change, and strong enough to induce pinning and control growth direction. I don't know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate