Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFNFAL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Protein content of substrates
    #11288627 - 10/21/09 12:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

After going over the GGMM I am somewhat confused. It seems people often add 10% bran to the sub to create the enriched substrate. Now if bran is roughly 10% protein and this is added to the sub at a rate of 10% then would the bulk now have a corresponding 1% protein content? Is there an accepted protein baseline that is needed for mushrooms.

I know that protein "concentrates" can also be added which have a far higher protein concentration than does the bran. So what percentage should I be shooting for? I guess you could also express this in terms of total nitrogen content, but obviously the numbers would be different.

If someone is going for a certain percentage or protein ratio then would you then also calculate the nutritive value of the spawn that the bulk was inoculated with?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Protein content of substrates [Re: FNFAL]
    #11291895 - 10/21/09 02:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No, the bulk substrate generally has some protein as well, you are supplementing it with the bran.  There are established norms for various species.  I must admit I can not think of where the norms are specifically stated but I have seen in some production guidelines, generally not stated as % protein but rather as ratios of various ingredients.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms