Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

Tripping Without Drugs
    #11287595 - 10/20/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, Shroomerites. Here's a real thinker for you.

Whilst immersed in some very outward thinking, I came upon this here idea:

What if you could self-induce a psychedelic experience without using anything but your mind?

As I'm sure you know, the human body produces small quantities of hallucinogenic substances all the time, naturally. Not enough to ravage a mind or anything, but enough to exist.

Now, you are also aware of the amazing power the free mind possesses.

So what if, by some wonderful feat of the mind, one could enervate the body to produce much larger quantities of these hallucinogens, and achieve a psychedelic experience?

I've seen some very strange things made possible with no more than very deep concentration and a little bit of belief.

So what if it could be done?

What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: Fortius_Penguin]
    #11287605 - 10/20/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldn't exactly call it tripping but chi gong makes me feel amazing afterwards. esp when done early in the morning when its cold...

--------------------

Offlinerainst0rm
Empirical Spiritual
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Washington State
    #11287617 - 10/20/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I believe, as I think Wade Davis said, that hallucinogenic plant use as a way to alter consciousness is primarily historically in the Americas and Siberia and that other cultures have developed ways to alter their consciousness through music and dancing or spiritual disciplines. Therefore I think it's entirely possible to train one's mind to enter states of altered consciousness on many levels.

Offlinethemostpurple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11287627 - 10/20/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fortius_Penguin said:
Okay, Shroomerites. Here's a real thinker for you.

Whilst immersed in some very outward thinking, I came upon this here idea:

What if you could self-induce a psychedelic experience without using anything but your mind?

As I'm sure you know, the human body produces small quantities of hallucinogenic substances all the time, naturally. Not enough to ravage a mind or anything, but enough to exist.

Now, you are also aware of the amazing power the free mind possesses.

So what if, by some wonderful feat of the mind, one could enervate the body to produce much larger quantities of these hallucinogens, and achieve a psychedelic experience?

I've seen some very strange things made possible with no more than very deep concentration and a little bit of belief.

So what if it could be done?

What do you think?

ive thought of this exact thing many times, problem is reconditioning the process of the body and mind is a bit more complicated than "believing" :lol:

--------------------
-_-_-_-

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #11287643 - 10/20/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I heard that transcedental meditation you can trip.  The whole idea is to be aware of everything, without thinking anything.  Get some books on meditation and Buddhism. I am working on meditation right now, I'm using the Tibetan Book of the Dead.  The whole book is like it was written someone tripping on about 1000ug of acid... but I cant get to full blown trips meditating.  I'm trying, and the first way I'm trying is by eating magic cactus and meditating on the peak.  Woooo..you can get into some wild mind-fucks and closed eyed visuals by meditating when you are tripping.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11287659 - 10/20/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
i wouldn't exactly call it tripping but chi gong makes me feel amazing afterwards. esp when done early in the morning when its cold...

:confused: What is Chi Gong?

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11287667 - 10/20/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:

This is very close to what I'm speaking of.

We all have certain things that make us feel quite different. Turned on is a better term, I suppose. More in tune with things. Balanced.

So what if someone could take it to a new level? Achieve a state of mind in which they could change anything regarding to their body, chemical-wise.

It seems possible. To me, anyway.

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

#11287733 - 10/20/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Feels like I'm post-fucking my own thread...

There are people who, with much practice, have been able to alter the levels of serotonin in their bodies.

So why not the level of DMT? Or something similar?

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #11287762 - 10/20/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Because we don't consciously have control over those aspects of our body?

And for good reason, we couldn't manage all the incredibly complex methods that our body does on its own.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (10/20/09 09:10 PM)

Offlinealuru
tuco
Female

Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: Thisfire]
    #11287770 - 10/20/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i have tripped on the natch as mckenna calls it.

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: starfirex]
    #11287809 - 10/20/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is definitely possible, you can control your emotions and your thoughts, so why not the chemical response in your body?

Problem is finding the little boogers,for example, you can make your heart rate speed up or slow down just by thinking about it, but that's cause you've done it so many times and are familiar with your hearts functions. Upping the production of a naturally occurring chemical that you are probably not familiar with in the levels that would require for you to trip, would take some fancy footwork. Or another example is if someone is using cocaine, and they are anticipating their next fix they can make their dopamine levels rise a bit before they even get ahold of any, cause they are conditioned that way and they know whats going to happen next, so their body starts prepping.

So if I were you I'd start with trying to get ahold of whatever chemical hallucination you are wishing to trigger. And familiarize yourself with it and familiarize yourself with your own body. 

I've had experience with this a bit. And I can spiritually and mentally trip without the use of chemicals, even hallucinate a bit(trails, things move, change in colors, hear things that aren't there) with a little concentration, but I still haven't been able to get to what I would consider a full blown trip.
I do think there are better uses of your time and energy, that would lead you to trippier things.

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

#11287827 - 10/20/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thisfire said:
Because we don't consciously have control over those aspects of our body?

And for good reason, we couldn't manage all the incredibly complex methods that our body does on its own.

Well, maybe not. But maybe.

Many chemical reactions or physical shifts happen in our body in accordance with our own thoughts.

Think about when you get a boner. Blood moves to a different part of your body, because you thought a specific thought that made it do that.

I'm one of those people who believes that humans have barely scratched the surface of our potential, both mentally and physically.

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: SittingBull]
    #11287846 - 10/20/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

rainst0rm said:
I believe, as I think Wade Davis said, that hallucinogenic plant use as a way to alter consciousness is primarily historically in the Americas and Siberia and that other cultures have developed ways to alter their consciousness through music and dancing or spiritual disciplines. Therefore I think it's entirely possible to train one's mind to enter states of altered consciousness on many levels.

You are my best friend, rainyboy :laugh:

Quote:

SittingBull said:
It is definitely possible, you can control your emotions and your thoughts, so why not the chemical response in your body?

Problem is finding the little boogers,for example, you can make your heart rate speed up or slow down just by thinking about it, but that's cause you've done it so many times and are familiar with your hearts functions. Upping the production of a naturally occurring chemical that you are probably not familiar with in the levels that would require for you to trip, would take some fancy footwork. Or another example is if someone is using cocaine, and they are anticipating their next fix they can make their dopamine levels rise a bit before they even get ahold of any, cause they are conditioned that way and they know whats going to happen next, so their body starts prepping.

So if I were you I'd start with trying to get ahold of whatever chemical hallucination you are wishing to trigger. And familiarize yourself with it and familiarize yourself with your own body. 

I've had experience with this a bit. And I can spiritually and mentally trip without the use of chemicals, even hallucinate a bit(trails, things move, change in colors, hear things that aren't there) with a little concentration, but I still haven't been able to get to what I would consider a full blown trip.
I do think there are better uses of your time and energy, that would lead you to trippier things.

You too, Bullbuddy!

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

#11287861 - 10/20/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SittingBull said:

Problem is finding the little boogers,for example, you can make your heart rate speed up or slow down just by thinking about it,

I cant make my heart beat faster If I only think about it. Because my mind doesn't have control like that.
It only happens when you feel an emotion that will cause a heart rate increase, or if you don't breath, or become active.

But just from thought alone, I don't think is possible.

Emotions, yes. Thought, I doubt it.

--------------------

Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
    #11287899 - 10/20/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well what I mean by thinking is more visualizing/imagining, I shoulda clarified that. So yes emotions can be a part of both of those. The point is you can do it with imagination alone. In my experience that is.

OfflineFortius_Penguin
Karma Works

#11287915 - 10/20/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thisfire said:

I cant make my heart beat faster If I only think about it. Because my mind doesn't have control like that.
It only happens when you feel an emotion that will cause a heart rate increase, or if you don't breath, or become active.

Well, you're never going to gain the ability to do so if you don't even believe it possible :laugh:

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

#11287982 - 10/20/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fortius_Penguin said:
Quote:

Thisfire said:

Well, you're never going to gain the ability to do so if you don't even believe it possible :laugh:

Just basing my opinion on personal experience.
If it works for you then cool.However I think that the most that is
achievable by thought alone is mild effects at most.

I cant try right now because im still experiencing mild DXM after effects, even yawning makes me feel happy. lol
But ive done it in the past, it was the placebo effect I-tripper caused that I eventually learned I could do anytime.
But its by no means strong or interesting.

--------------------

Edited by Thisfire (10/20/09 09:30 PM)

OfflineAzrah
Stranger

#11287990 - 10/20/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SittingBull said:

No doubt man. The brain can release many chemicals with some complex cognition. Things such as PEA{(natural amphetamine-like chemical)linked to romantic love and novel activities}, Epinepherine, nor-epinephrine, melatonin, and endorphins. Not too sure about serotonin and dopamine. I believe that when we go to sleep, DMT is allowed to cross the blood brain barrier, since the brain constantly needs stimulation the DMT causes the dream and stimulates the brain. The dreams happen during the REM (rapid-eye movement) cycle; REM cycle is meant to act as another stimulation for the brain by unconsciously scanning the environment when we are in the REM cycle.

So I would say that cognition could affect this.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping Without Drugs [Re: Azrah]
    #11288037 - 10/20/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Azrah said:
Quote:

SittingBull said:

No doubt man. The brain can release many chemicals with some complex cognition. Things such as PEA{(natural amphetamine-like chemical)linked to romantic love and novel activities}, Epinepherine, nor-epinephrine, melatonin, and endorphins. Not too sure about serotonin and dopamine. I believe that when we go to sleep, DMT is allowed to cross the blood brain barrier, since the brain constantly needs stimulation the DMT causes the dream and stimulates the brain. The dreams happen during the REM (rapid-eye movement) cycle; REM cycle is meant to act as another stimulation for the brain by unconsciously scanning the environment when we are in the REM cycle.

So I would say that cognition could affect this.

So your saying dreams are just DMT trips?

Thats interesting.

--------------------

OfflineAzrah
Stranger

#11288071 - 10/20/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah pretty much combined with our own cognitions at sub-concious/unconcious level. You could assume the ego would be less active at this period.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale