Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Shivering on shroom come up?
    #11285664 - 10/20/09 04:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've noticed, every time I've eaten shrooms, within 5 minutes I start shivering as if I was extremely cold, however I have no cold sensation to my skin. Even wrapping up in nice warm blankets doesn't help, it takes about 30-60 minutes for the shivering to stop, and then I can easily maintain comfortability with blankets or jackets.

I was wondering if anyone else feels uncontrollable shivers while coming up.
It can get a bit annoying for me because I was trying to smoke a bowl but couldn't stop shaking.

I'm guessing that I was cold but I couldn't tell because of the psilocybin using up my brain senses, and the shivering was a way to tell me that I was cold... :confused:

But tell me what you guys think :p

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Edited by mrgibblet (10/20/09 04:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnurry
Stranger
Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: mrgibblet]
    #11285788 - 10/20/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I get cold shivers, and hot sweats; but by the peak it's always gone , or I just don't notice it.

It's the mushies, don't worry about it.

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
    #11285795 - 10/20/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a similar issue, but I don't think it's as extreme as yours. I shiver and fidget A LOT during the come-up.
The come up is probably the hardest thing for me psychologically and physically, cause I can't stop fidgeting and shivering, and when I shiver/fidget I feel like more is going on then actually is. So I've avoided this by either meditating during come up, or being very busy with something, which seems to help with the shivers and fidgets.
I only shiver if I stay still, for some reason.
Basically I have no idea why the shivering or fidgeting happen, just that it happens. Muscle spasms? body temp? I don't know. But your not alone with the shivering.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11285833 - 10/20/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get strange body temp vibes too.

Not just mushrooms, almost all psychedelics will do this to me really.  If i am unconformable, its sometimes because i can't decide if i am hot or cold.  It can get frustrating, but once the good vibes start flowing thought loops about body temp seem to fade.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineABR516
Stranger

Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11285944 - 10/20/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yes this happens to me. i agree that they are not cold shivers. they seem to be more like nervous/excited shivers or something related to the body load

OfflineTeonanacatI
In a bubble of déjà vu
Male

Loc: So Cal
Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: ABR516]
    #11286068 - 10/20/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get intense shivers from weed most of the time, haven't gotten it from shrooms yet though...

--------------------
Everybody goes insane
Whether or not you end up in the loony bin just depends on how elegantly you do it

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #11286077 - 10/20/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This happens to me when Ive eaten a big dose of magic cactus.

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

OfflineBingBing
Stranger

#11286145 - 10/20/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've experienced this. I believe it's just do to the anxiety that you feel. I get so anxious I begin to shake a little.

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: SittingBull]
    #11286291 - 10/20/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SittingBull said:
I have a similar issue, but I don't think it's as extreme as yours. I shiver and fidget A LOT during the come-up.
The come up is probably the hardest thing for me psychologically and physically, cause I can't stop fidgeting and shivering, and when I shiver/fidget I feel like more is going on then actually is. So I've avoided this by either meditating during come up, or being very busy with something, which seems to help with the shivers and fidgets.
I only shiver if I stay still, for some reason.
Basically I have no idea why the shivering or fidgeting happen, just that it happens. Muscle spasms? body temp? I don't know. But your not alone with the shivering.

Actually this is alot like what happens to me. If I occupy my muscles I wont shiver, but if the actions i'm doing require not much muscle, I will shiver while doing the action.

I really do think it has something to do with nervousness or something during the come up, I'm usually nervous before I eat shrooms, but then once everything gets up and going I feel great and want to eat more.

--------------------
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

OfflinePlatformStrange
Most Ancient
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The most ancient county o... Flag
    #11286317 - 10/20/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

shivers, twitches, sweats, cramps. Even convulsions..... normal.

Fear not.

--------------------
==================================================
"Confusion is when neither of your feet are left and your trousers have infinite sides each of which has infinite surfaces."
"Do i need trousers where I'm going?"
"NO, GOOD LUCK SOLDIER"

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: PlatformStrange]
    #11286373 - 10/20/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PlatformStrange said:
shivers, twitches, sweats, cramps. Even convulsions..... normal.

Fear not.

I wasn't exactly fearing it, I was just wondering if it was just me :P

I figured it was the shrooms all along cause it happened to me 3 times in a row.

The only thing that bothers me most with shrooms is when they make my stomach upset, so now I try to take a shit and go piss before I eat shrooms.

--------------------

jokes

OfflineSerpeantKing
Stranger
    #25048480 - 03/08/18 12:08 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

The Mushroom will treat it's user the same way it's been treated by nature or by it's cultivator. If the grower exposed the Shrooms to cold temps "cold shocking", or didn't maintain proper temps, the Shrooms will treat you the same way. Psilocybe Cubensis is just like us. When we get cold, they get too cold. When it's too hot for us, it's too hot for them too. It sounds a little out in left-field but that's why we take Mushrooms anyways and that's what I believe to be true.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: SerpeantKing] * 2
    #25048910 - 03/08/18 12:45 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

8 year old thread.  Better ways to up your post count then necroposting.  :minigun::raptorJesus:

Also BS.  :huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: PrimalSoup] * 2
    #25049154 - 03/08/18 02:11 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

"and that's what I believe to be true."

:awkwardglance:

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Shivering on shroom come up? [Re: SerpeantKing] * 1
    #25049564 - 03/08/18 02:44 PM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

SerpeantKing said:
The Mushroom will treat it's user the same way it's been treated by nature or by it's cultivator. If the grower exposed the Shrooms to cold temps "cold shocking", or didn't maintain proper temps, the Shrooms will treat you the same way. Psilocybe Cubensis is just like us. When we get cold, they get too cold. When it's too hot for us, it's too hot for them too. It sounds a little out in left-field but that's why we take Mushrooms anyways and that's what I believe to be true.

:lolwut:

This thread is over 8 years old by the way.

And that doesn't make the least bit of logical sense, at all. That is one of the most silly things I've heard over all the years I've been on the shroomery. I can't even find the slightest bit of sense or logic in that, how did you come the conclusion that that's why one feels cold when on mushrooms?

"You let your mushrooms get cold so the psilocin is going to make you feel cold when you eat the mushrooms" :rolleyes:

And you're sorta assuming that cubensis is what we're all eating.

The mushrooms I eat aren't cubensis. The mushrooms I eat I don't cultivate. The mushrooms I eat don't grow in warm weather and actually needs cold temperatures to fruit.

There are lots of species that require cold weather to grow/fruit, they thrive in cold temps.....So are those mushrooms going to make people who eat them feel freezing cold?

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order