Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
people got visibly angry at me
    #11284852 - 10/20/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

for mentioning i wanted to be the twin towers for halloween.

i caused a big scene... nothing pisses me off more than people acting like getting offended is something i should care about.

and i know... getting angry about people getting angry is rather stupid, but i cant help it.

outside of applauding the death of a child in front of the parents... i really dont think anything should ever be put in the category of sacred or unable to be made fun of.

think about it... someone is getting mad that you thought something was funny... it makes no sense. I like to think that my anger is rather justified because it is a front against this kind of thinking that leads to censorship.

what, like 1600 people died on 911? i swear every single persons brother was in that building, atleast they act that way.... i have even heard people say "thats not funny, i am from new york".... so the fuck what? what does that have to do with anything?

i think people actually enjoy being offended... it gives them a perfect segue to being a martyr or tell their pity story.
oh, you cant joke about rape, i was raped once.
oh, you cant joke about 911, i lived there once.
oh, you cant joke about vodka, my mother is an alcoholic.
oh, you cant joke about old people, my grandmother died when she was old.
oh you cant joke about apples, my little brother drowned, his name was newton.

i see every single one of those as equally stupid statements.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #11285583 - 10/20/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:sheepie:'s...

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Poid]
    #11286093 - 10/20/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

HAHA, oh geez

Freedom of speech, but you have to think that atleast a few people would get upset - i can see people freakin' already

But, first amendment right

A white kid at my, 95% white, suburban, glorified prep school, college, dressed in black face as Paul Pierce - the %1 african american population freaked like you wouldn't believe had rallies in school commons, wrote hate mail and death threats to the kid. Enough to make the kid leave school after the semester. But, that is a race issue

You see I keep saying but

its all in good fun, just be careful

OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
    #11286144 - 10/20/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

People indeed have poised themselves to be offended by something or another.  I think it actually balloons or fluctuates too... what I mean is, that people feel they should be offended, because there are so many groups in the last 10 years that have surfaced that exhibit the idea that perhaps "if you're not offended, there's something wrong with you."

While I believe in the free expression of ANY idea, no matter how offensive, I do think there needs to be some sort of the 'I'm offended' vibe.
It acts as balance in discourse; Why would writers like Todd Solondz write some of the screenplays they have written if they knew it wouldn't offend? (Happiness, Storytelling)
The fact that it does offend someone is the reason it was created in the first place, and thus, Art, or some brilliant creation can come out of it where you would have never seen it if no one was offended.

Me, personally, I'm an "in context" type of person... I value offensive, riskay, edgy, insulting, sardonic humor etc. but I don't feel the need to be outlandishly offensive.  I mean, there's so many people TRYING to be that "I'm purposefully offensive so you can't be offended" type, that they're becoming more of the offended crowd than the people they're trying to offend... It's starting to tip the scale a bit if you understand what I'm saying.

But I do agree with you ultimately, people should lighten up.

--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet

:mushroom2: :beer:

OfflineJasonVira
Stronger, Healthier, Happier!
Male

Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #11286397 - 10/20/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I’ve given up feeling that people should be anything other than what they are. It’s pointless for me and is a real disruption to my personal peace of mind. Now I allow people to be whatever they want as long as what they want doesn’t interfere with my personal peace of mind.

Letting go of the desire to want people to be other than what they are has helped me to be more at peace with myself and that is a good thing indeed!

I do my best to celebrate the uniqueness among people. It’s amazing how unique each human tends to be. Very interesting!

--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
    #11287610 - 10/20/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If others suffering entertains you, that's your choice!

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #11288210 - 10/20/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

People get offended, the content may differ but it's all more or less the same. Whether it be offense at censorship, jokes about death, or anything else. You don't seem to be so different from the people who you offended.

A lot of humour can come from the potential to offend. Let me ask, would dressing up as the twin-towers be appealing to you if it didn't at least have the potential to offend somebody (making it a bit "wrong", a bit controversial, a bit cheeky, and thus humorous in a dark way)? If no one was potentially going to find it offensive, then I don't reckon it would be humorous, it would lack the shock value. Thus, it's not a bad thing that some people get offended occasionally at these sorts of things. And it can't really be a surprise when people do actually become offended. As for how to deal with someone who becomes offended, that depends on whether you want to be friends or not..

--------------------

Edited by Mufungo (10/20/09 10:04 PM)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Mufungo]
    #11289090 - 10/20/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

one time i was driving and we jus see all these people walking up and down the street im like what party just ended my friend shoves his head out the window cursing everyone out with whatever he can muster just laughing hysterically there are like 20 and thirty people at every curse, my other friend is just standing out the back window practically ,yelling its my birthday !  im yelling hey why dont you go sharpen some pencils! what are you people fucking andrew jackson get back to your fucking whore houses!! we stop yelling and as we drive by there are construction people mind you, we see a cop, we keep driving up and my friends girl jsut sitting in the back perks up and goes that mustve been the nine eleven tribute just getting out, I was so taken a back. it was like 5 thirty in the morning like i thought they just came from a club and their were like 30 and 40 year olds walking around.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Mufungo]
    #11289792 - 10/21/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:

i caused a big scene... nothing pisses me off more than people acting like getting offended is something i should care about...

In the words of Mufungo
Quote:

You don't seem to be so different from the people who you offended.

Under a prolonged period, considered the situation from perspectives more than your damaged sense of pride that rests on an immediate expectation of people being allies or idiots.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#11289969 - 10/21/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A twin tower Halloween costume may seem funny, and in a certain light, it is, but in a certain light it's not. :shrug:

Polarity.

It would make a good piece of shocking artwork, but being the object of criticism (the artwork) shouldn't be surprising.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#11290005 - 10/21/09 02:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You know what i think would be funny...
If you wore that costume..and two guys dressed up as airplanes came along and beat the shit out of you.

Not because i think what you're doing is wrong or offensive..
I personally couldnt care less about the entire thing..

I just think.. it would be funny.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

OfflineThe Steppenwolf
Stranger
Male

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Rahz]
    #11290066 - 10/21/09 02:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the media has trained the american and to large extenet the world's population to treat 9/11 in much the same way that the holocaust is.
Part of the plan of 9/11 was to stir up strong emotions and create an enemy image of people opposed to the governments point of view, that'll get american people to agree to the war and send in their children.
People beilieve that they are on some moral high ground by making 9/11 sacred. Just like people who want to revise the holocaust (justly, i ight add) are looked down upon and recieve death threats from the Jewish Defence League (JDL) because part of western holocaust propaganda was to create an immunity for jews

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #11291480 - 10/21/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:

i caused a big scene... nothing pisses me off more than people acting like getting offended is something i should care about.

and i know... getting angry about people getting angry is rather stupid, but i cant help it.

outside of applauding the death of a child in front of the parents... i really dont think anything should ever be put in the category of sacred or unable to be made fun of.

think about it... someone is getting mad that you thought something was funny... it makes no sense. I like to think that my anger is rather justified because it is a front against this kind of thinking that leads to censorship.

what, like 1600 people died on 911? i swear every single persons brother was in that building, atleast they act that way.... i have even heard people say "thats not funny, i am from new york".... so the fuck what? what does that have to do with anything?

i think people actually enjoy being offended... it gives them a perfect segue to being a martyr or tell their pity story.
oh, you cant joke about rape, i was raped once.
oh, you cant joke about 911, i lived there once.
oh, you cant joke about vodka, my mother is an alcoholic.
oh, you cant joke about old people, my grandmother died when she was old.
oh you cant joke about apples, my little brother drowned, his name was newton.

i see every single one of those as equally stupid statements.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh do I agree. But remember  you are dealing with most peoples primary fears (much death anxiety) and often unconscious ones because they cannot face them consciously. So be careful. You could get yourself killed over this if you push people too far. Still I highly recommend pushing buttons as a teaching method or for personal entertainment.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Icelander]
    #11291610 - 10/21/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Still I highly recommend pushing buttons as a teaching method or for personal entertainment.

This is a risky business which only an individual with the most crafty skills should aspire to. :sadyes:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: jivJaN]
    #11292684 - 10/21/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jivJaN said:
If you wore that costume..and two guys dressed up as airplanes came along and beat the shit out of you.

hahahaaha

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: showme]
    #11292973 - 10/21/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

jivJaN said:

hahahaaha

thats another point... these two people that got visibly angry at me, one of them was from england and he said "if you walked around in that outfit you would get beat up in england"... at the time i was just joking around with the idea of the costume because of this picture

but because people think they would be justified trying to hurt me for making a joke... now i am going to do it. I am a big fella, i would love to see someone try something....
I actually played it out in my head as some drunk bitch trying to cuss me out for my costume while wearing her slutty halloween outfit, then i tell her to suck my 3rd story and her boyfriend comes over to defend her slutty honor and i wipe the floor with that faggot.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #11293432 - 10/21/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

jivJaN said:

OK first define visibly

Then Got

Then Angry

Then Me

Then FU AH US

Then

hahahaaha

thats another point... these two people that got visibly angry at me, one of them was from england and he said "if you walked around in that outfit you would get beat up in england"... at the time i was just joking around with the idea of the costume because of this picture

but because people think they would be justified trying to hurt me for making a joke... now i am going to do it. I am a big fella, i would love to see someone try something....
I actually played it out in my head as some drunk bitch trying to cuss me out for my costume while wearing her slutty halloween outfit, then i tell her to suck my 3rd story and her boyfriend comes over to defend her slutty honor and i wipe the floor with that faggot.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #11293487 - 10/21/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

jivJaN said:

OK first define visibly

Then Got

Then Angry

Then Me

Then FU AH US

Then

hahahaaha

wellthenthatsfunnycarryon

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#11295096 - 10/21/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't suggesting it was a bad idea... Halloween doesn't exactly have a central theme any more, though if it's something to do with death, a twin tower would do the trick.

It seems more a humanist/political commentary than "funny", and it will probably be treated as such by most. Regardless of who the perps were, the twin towers represent extreme action, loss of life and sense of safety, confusion regarding the circumstances and motives, blind faith being questioned, anger, pride, etc. A little touchy for a lot of people.

Trick or treat?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: people got visibly angry at me [Re: Rahz]
    #11297005 - 10/22/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you know tho if you just dressed up as one of those Vioxx pills you'd just be dissapointing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom