Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLangshi
Stranger

My first grow.
    #11284798 - 10/20/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone this is my first time posting here. I have been lurking for a while and read as much as my brain can hold so I figured it was time to try my hand at actually growing. I am having a bit of success and just wanted to say thanks to the community as a whole for all the knowledge you have shared with me.

Here are a few pics of the PF tek jars I have started.

I inoculated seven jars on 10-03-09 with some Chitwan spores I received from Sporeworks. I took the pictures today so these guys are 17 days old.

These are the best of the bunch.

I have them incubating in an old suitcase wrapped in an electric blanket in my closet. Don't worry I am watching the temp it stays a pretty constant 82-84 F.

Out of the seven jars there is only one that hasn't shown any signs of growth. Not entirely sure why, there isn't anything else growing in the jar that leads me to think it is contaminated. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'll add more pics when they reach 100% colonization.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: My first grow. [Re: Langshi]
    #11284805 - 10/20/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice keep it up

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
    #11285177 - 10/20/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Good job. What's the plan for the FC? Shotgun terrarium?

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

OfflineLangshi
Stranger

Re: My first grow. [Re: LeopardMan]
    #11285597 - 10/20/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yep I am about half through making a smallish one. I live in a fairly small apartment so space is a premium, so the container I have is probably only going to be able to hold a dozen jars at a time. I hope I will be able to get about three containers going in total.

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
    #11285691 - 10/20/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have a look at RR's shotgun terrarium. Its not that big. I live in a small apartment as well and I put it on an open shelf. Works fine. just my 2 cents. GL :mushroom2:

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#11285989 - 10/20/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What's going on with the jar on the right?

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: My first grow. [Re: Breakfast Crew]
    #11286000 - 10/20/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

looks like not a damn thing

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineMastermind729
Grand Poobah
 User Gallery

Re: My first grow. [Re: Slimz]
    #11286010 - 10/20/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Isn't the norm for incubation temps 10 degress less than that now?

OfflineLangshi
Stranger

Re: My first grow. [Re: Mastermind729]
    #11286212 - 10/20/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I will look at RR's SG thanks. The right one hasn't shown any growth at all. It is the only one that hasn't yet so I am just trying to give it some time to let what happen happen. As for the temp, I have read many different temps for incubation. Some say it is better to Incubate at 70-75 some say closer to 80-84 this being my first grow and not knowing what this exact species wants in terms of relative heat or cool i just thought i would give it a try a bit warmer. I know once it hits 86F mycelium will stop growing so I am keeping it below that. Also its cold as balls (65 or lower usually, room mates fault not mine) in my apartment so i would rather them be a too warm then too cool. I will try to reduce the temp by about 5-8 degrees though. Thanks for the advice.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11286494 - 10/20/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Having them on the colder side is better then to hot actually. To warm give contams a perfect breeding ground. also i incubate at this time of year in the low to high 60's and its fine may take longer but its the safer route and one worth taking

OfflineMastermind729
Grand Poobah
 User Gallery

Re: My first grow. [Re: Shea25]
    #11289654 - 10/21/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm definitely not a font of mycological knowledge here, but in my reading recently I was going over what temps RR said starts to have negative effects on your colonization.  I think it was around 80 and being that they are a few degress higher in the center of the jar, ambient temps of the mid-high 80's approach the temp necessary to kill of myc in the jars.

Anyhoot, I'm surprised no one else mentioned your incubation temps.  Makes me feel paranoid about being wrong. :eek:

I tried growing once before years ago and I had a Cool TiT setup set to about 84.  A lot of my pf jars and every single damn WBS jar contammed. 

This time around I'm keeping my temps in the mid 70's like everyone else and straining a little bit better and I'm doing a lot better.  Not to mention that that TiT was a pain in my ass.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags