Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemxpxnofx09
for inoc and the first growing period tape on/off?
    #1128437 - 12/10/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

after using my stove and a big pot for sterelization, do i keep the tape on or off of the holes while using the syringe? if i take it off do i put more on later while thy myc is growin?

--------------------
.....if you dont like my fire dont come around, cause im gonna burn one down.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: for inoc and the first growing period tape on/off? [Re: mxpxnofx09]
    #1128470 - 12/10/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineHongKongChewy
lost forever
    #1128501 - 12/10/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I put aluminum foil over the tops of the jars during sterilization and then take it off when i innoculate and leave it off. Rarley get contaminations with my brf cakes. I dont think it would hurt to put tape back over the holes but I also dont see much of a benfiet. Good luck on your grow

--------------------
Good bye.

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: for inoc and the first growing period tape on/ [Re: mxpxnofx09]
    #1128615 - 12/10/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Are you asking if you poke thru the tape with the needle? Because I think you're supposed to peel it back. That's what I do - i leave little tabs on the tape when i put it over the holes so i can peel it back, inoculate, and recover with tape. You can take the tape off again when you have a good amount of mycos, I think it provides gas exchange.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: for inoc and the first growing period tape on/ [Re: Mister Black]
    #1129354 - 12/10/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I cover my jars with tin foil, remove it when it comes time for innoculation, then place it back on the jar lids during incubation. Works fine for me.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #1129428 - 12/10/02 03:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i ghetto modded the oven tek with a space heater, steralized my work space, cranked the heater on, pulled the lids off of whatever jar i was knocking up, swabbed the syringe, chose four points, closed up the jar, walla,  no scraping the jar holes and worrying about additional contams. no holes, no tape, no tape residue to deal with when reusing jars. :wink:

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: for inoc and the first growing period tape on/off? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #1129577 - 12/10/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Really. With a space heater? I'm wondering how effective that would be compared to the actual oven tek due to the very different amounts of heat that come from both. Did you experience any problems?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: for inoc and the first growing period tape on/off? [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1129638 - 12/10/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i thought it would be a problem. the first time i tried it i was not as sterile. and i tried to inoculate through the jar lids, which i have always hated, all 10 jars failed miserably. second go around i made sure i was completely sterile, i didnt see it being a problem intially, using a space heater vs oven, for one with the oven, you do have the rack to use, but bending over with heat blasting you in your face becomes a bit much after a while. with the space heater, i was able to control where to place it. and with the fan on the space heater that worked well to move any contams in the area. and its not hard to spray a fan down with lysol before begining, taking careful not to spray on any parts that may cause electrical problems. the best thing about using the heater is the simple control of turning it on when starting and shutting it off imediatly when done. cuts down on knock time considerably and with some success of sterility. its basically up to you to decide how close to the heater you want to be when knocking the jars, i placed jars, maybe a foot in front of the heater, no problems. I currently have 12 jars of some unknown strain succesfully colonizing. when i locate a digi, ill post some pics of that grow. i have 12 new jars that i just did up today. maybe ill start a grow log showing my space heater ghetto tek. sorry for over posting in your post.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag